BajaNomad

Pigeoms in Rosarito Beach

lwpa - 9-1-2022 at 06:24 PM

My condo complex near Rosarito Beach, has a serious problem lately with an influx of pigeons who sit on the roofs of the buildings and do their thing on the balconies of the units below. This is a relatively new occurrence. We are on the ocean and we have not seen pigeons before.
My question in doing research on how to get rid of them says that poisoning works the best. Apparently, it is not illegal in Calif to do this as they are considered a health hazard.
Does anyone know the legality of doing this in Baja, particularly Rosarito Beach area?

mtgoat666 - 9-1-2022 at 06:34 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lwpa  
My condo complex near Rosarito Beach, has a serious problem lately with an influx of pigeons who sit on the roofs of the buildings and do their thing on the balconies of the units below. This is a relatively new occurrence. We are on the ocean and we have not seen pigeons before.
My question in doing research on how to get rid of them says that poisoning works the best. Apparently, it is not illegal in Calif to do this as they are considered a health hazard.
Does anyone know the legality of doing this in Baja, particularly Rosarito Beach area?

Poison is bad, it results in poisoning of non-target species, poisoning of predators. Civilized people use bird avoidance measures. Spike strips on roosting areas. String fishing line to discourage flight space. Plastic owls. Etc …

Cliffy - 9-1-2022 at 06:58 PM

Nothing but flying rats!
I used to trap them and dispatch them like chickens.
They're vermin and carry diseases
Once ensconced they are h^&l to get rid of.
They will ruin everything they roost in.