BajaNomad

Antalya, Turkiye day trip

BajaBlanca - 10-15-2022 at 08:58 AM

We took our friends to the international airport in Antalya yesterday, and did some exploring in the old town area.

Here is a bit of history I found on the internet:

History of Antalya Turkey. The region around Antalya has been inhabited since the 5th millennium BC. Antalya was built in the 2nd century BC. founded as a port city by Attalos II of Pergamon. This empire subsequently became part of the Roman Empire. The Seljuks conquered Antalya in the 13th century. The Ottomans took power at the end of the 14th century and held it until 1923, when Antalya became part of the republic of Turkey.

The Old Town is full of charm, winding alleys and hundreds of little stores selling clothes, purses, and lots of chochkies.

The newer part, in my opinion, is not that nice.

Here are some pics. Enjoy!

Look who is always around!

Cats are beloved by all.

Hadrian's Gate - check out the grooves made over centuries of vehicles passing thru the entry gate to Antalya. Here is some history I found on the internet: Located right on Atatürk Boulevard in Antalya’s city center, Hadrian’s Gate is a stunning historic ruin that dates back to 130 AD. Built to commemorate Emperor Hadrian’s visit, it managed to survive the wear and tear of time and humanity.

Fun alleys full of charm everywhere in Old Town.

We have gone to this restaurant before and can recommend it. Grand Friends has excellent food and the music is all latin (I just love it!)

what is a friend poem

I sure hope you have enjoyed our little adventure.