BajaNomad

Pet Friendly Lodging in San Felipe and Mulege?

TSThornton - 10-17-2022 at 07:56 AM

Hi all. My stops are usually in Guerro Negro and San Ignacio, but I need to shift a bit this time. Can someone recommend nice pet friendly accommodations in San Felipe and Mulege? Thanks.

Mulege

AKgringo - 10-17-2022 at 09:06 AM

It was five or six years ago, but I stayed at the hotel Hacienda in the center of town with my large dog.

Not all rooms are available, but the one I had served my needs well. Dogs must be on leash in the courtyard (they had a hotel cat). It is enclosed parking in the rear, and there is a nice river walk nearby to let your dog run a bit.

It was a pleasant, reasonable accommodation, and worth checking out.

[Edited on 10-17-2022 by AKgringo]

billklaser - 10-17-2022 at 09:40 AM

About 25 miles south of San Felipe is a small resort on the beach. " The Chenowth Legacy Resort." Pet friendly, nice rooms, Bar & Restaurant, plenty of parking and a Off road racing Museum if you are into that. They don't seem to advertise much, but there website very workable.
A very nice place to have some peace and quiet while relaxing.

boe4fun - 10-17-2022 at 09:44 AM

El Capitán in San Felipe was pet friendly our last trip down (2021).

Lee - 10-17-2022 at 09:51 AM

Quote: Originally posted by TSThornton  
Hi all. My stops are usually in Guerro Negro and San Ignacio, but I need to shift a bit this time. Can someone recommend nice pet friendly accommodations in San Felipe and Mulege? Thanks.

Think out of the box. My attitude is progressive.

ALL accommodations are pet friendly. Sometimes when checking in I'm asked if I have a pet and say yes. Some places have a pet fee and I have 100 pesos on the counter. 200 pesos if they say no pets. Don't take pet rooms or no for an answer.

Georges in SF

John M - 10-17-2022 at 03:56 PM

We've stayed at Georges, just a little south of El Capitan as well.

About 6 miles north of town, Sky Blue also allows dogs - it's a bit less expensive and should be, but ok for a night.

John M

HeyMulegeScott - 10-17-2022 at 04:55 PM

My amigo Brian who owns Mulege Brewing has a couple of pet friendly AirBnbs in Mulege - https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/47728539?check_in=2022-11-04&am...

larryC - 10-18-2022 at 02:14 PM

BlueSky on hwy 5 at Km 182 is clean pet friendly the couple of times I have stayed there. Very reasonable at $40 or so for a room.

TSThornton - 11-9-2022 at 07:46 AM

Just following up to report that the Chenowth Legacy Resort about a half hour south of San Felipe is really nice. Thank you for that tip Billklaser! A great place to take a layover day on the drive from N. WA state to the tip. Very nice rooms, fun bar, good restaurant, beautiful beach. The cars are pretty cool too.

Second night in Santa Rosalia per usual. The debris is mostly cleaned up, but it looks like all the trash that flushed down pushed back up along the shore.

boe4fun - 11-9-2022 at 12:50 PM

In San Felipe the El Capitan. You might try Cuesta Real in Mulegé (not sure though).

surabi - 11-9-2022 at 12:59 PM

"Don't take pet rooms or no for an answer."

That's really self-centered. I'm a dog person myself, but there are people who are highly allergic to dogs. Please respect their right to find a room where there have not been pets, and only stay in pet-accepted accommodations and rooms if you have a dog. That you paid an extra 200 pesos to get your dog into pet-free accommodation isn't of value to a guest who has an allergic reaction. There are pet-friendly and non-pet accommodations for a good reason.

[Edited on 11-9-2022 by surabi]

bajafreaks - 11-9-2022 at 04:06 PM

Quote: Originally posted by TSThornton  

No one mentioned Mulege so I recommend Hotel Serenidad we've stayed there twice with our dog. Very friendly people, old Baja for sure, great food, bar, and pool.