BajaNomad

Mexicali to Mulege Area

BajaMama - 11-11-2022 at 07:35 AM

Drove Mexicali to Mulege area October 26-27, returned November 5-6. Mex 5 south all the way to Mex 1 road is great. There was gas in Gonzaga both ways. First bit of road damage was just north of JesusMaria but piece of cake. Most damage was south of Guerrero Negro north of Vizcaino. Lots of workers and repairs happening, there are a couple of good stretches of dirt bypass, just stay far behind the dust raising trucks. There are some repairs south of Vizcaino, pretty slow bumpy dirt (I was driving a heavily augmented Chevy Colorado ZR2 and had to take it slow so I didn't bounce so much). Not much else until the usual mess north of Santa Rosalia - there is a road construction bypass and lots of bumpy rotted out road. There are a couple wash out surprises between Santa Rosalia and Palo Verde. Nothing I encountered was un-passable. Had to take the "old road" into Punta Chivato, was glad I was in the truck - my new SUV would not have liked it, my old 2012 Acura MDX would have struggled on the soft sand.

David K - 11-11-2022 at 08:00 AM

Thank you!