BajaNomad

New Cowboy museum in EL TRUINFO

BajaBlanca - 12-19-2022 at 05:55 PM

I think it is wonderful that this museum was created!

One of the dreams for La Bocana was a Museum that would chronicle the development of fishing and scuba but it never happened. I collected quite a few items and donated to friends when we left.

[Edited on 12-21-2022 by BajaBlanca]

BajaBlanca - 12-20-2022 at 02:19 AM

Good point!

gnukid - 12-20-2022 at 02:29 AM

It's in El Triunfo

pauldavidmena - 12-20-2022 at 08:22 AM

El Triunfo also features a mining museum that opened fairly recently. It's located right next to a decent restaurant (Bar El Minero) and a wonderful cafe and bakery (Cafe El Triunfo). The town is well worth a day trip from Todos Santos or the East Cape.

boe4fun - 12-20-2022 at 09:17 AM

I’d heard about the Vaquero Museum a short while back. I was planning on taking some of the clinic volunteers with me one afternoon to see the museum and have a vaquero style meal they supposedly serve there. Will report after.

Alan - 12-20-2022 at 10:26 AM

Just remember to bring a cellphone. Tickets are sold online after scanning a QR code. The Ruta de Plata and The Vaquero Museums are both excellent and all displays are in English and Spanish.

AKgringo - 12-20-2022 at 11:35 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Alan  
Just remember to bring a cellphone. Tickets are sold online after scanning a QR code.

On my first trip through Baja with my family, phone service was rare, and expensive. I made two calls back to Alaska over a month and a half period.

Luddites like me cherish the memories of how things were, over the progress that has whittled away at what it used to be.

Progress has lifted the standard of living for the citizens of Baja California, and I wish them well as they create opportunities for themselves and their families, but it saddens me to see that a "smart phone" may be a requirement for access to new developments!

BajaBlanca - 12-20-2022 at 05:09 PM

Edited to fix the location!