BajaNomad

Sentri renewal

PaulW - 2-2-2023 at 08:07 AM

My insurance agent here in San Felipe needs to have her Sentri renewed
She applied and was given a choice of interviews:
Tucson, San Francisco, and Philadelphia.
Another lady was give the same choices.
What is you experience?

boe4fun - 2-2-2023 at 08:23 AM

Why not have her try the San Diego office (directly) to see what they can do? They’ve been very accommodating to us for two visits.

JZ - 2-2-2023 at 08:23 AM

That is crazy. None of those options are convenient.

I didn't even know you had to do anything in person for renewal. There was always an interview option in Calexico in the past, at least for the initial application for Global Entry.

[Edited on 2-2-2023 by JZ]

PaulW - 2-2-2023 at 08:55 AM

Both folks said they were denied appointments for other locations - like close to the border???

Paul, have her try this...

John M - 2-2-2023 at 09:05 AM

call (619) 690 7600 choose option #5

It helped for us to actually talk to someone.

John M

BajaMama - 2-2-2023 at 04:05 PM

I would call and talk to someone. In the recent past, the interview for the SENTRI card was always at a border office. If you get Global Entry, the interview can be at any international airport with a US Customs & Border Patrol office. If it is a renewal, an interview may not be necessary.

Renewal interview

John M - 2-2-2023 at 08:51 PM

We renewed our SENTRI in 2022 and an interview was mandatory. We interviewed at Otay Mesa.

John M

tjsue - 2-3-2023 at 11:33 PM

Thanks to someone else on here, this is what I did: I just kept checking the TT website, and was able to move my appt up from this past June to last November within a week. You just have to go into the TT website, click on reschedule appt, and keep doing it until you get the appointment that you want.

What I did was this: When I was online, I stayed logged into the TT website, and kept checking it for appointments, and they showed up all the time even same day appts. Plus, it was a lot easier than using Appointment Scanner, and didn't cost anything.

And I was able to move my appointment up by a year.