BajaNomad

Dirt Road from Agua Verde to C. Constitution Conditions?

bravnug - 3-6-2023 at 11:30 AM

Has anyone driven the dirt road from Agua Verde to Ciudad Constitution lately, wondering about road conditions in the hills close to Agua Verde ?

Thanks... Dan

JZ - 3-6-2023 at 11:44 AM

Here is one update from May 2022. The update comes mid thread. There was another thread with an update last year as well.

It was closed for several years and last year was the first I saw of people getting through again.

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=96942&pag...

bravnug - 3-6-2023 at 12:35 PM

Thanks JZ, i rode it in 2019 and was freshly graded, hopefully it wont be worse than the pics from earlier in 2022.

Thanks... Dan

David K - 3-6-2023 at 12:41 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bravnug  
Thanks JZ, i rode it in 2019 and was freshly graded, hopefully it wont be worse than the pics from earlier in 2022.

Thanks... Dan

Dan, Hurricane Kay, in Sept. 2022, really tore up the roads of Baja California in the southern 2/3 of the peninsula.

JZ - 3-6-2023 at 12:53 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bravnug  

Thanks... Dan

If you try it let us know. I gave it a go in 2017 and it was washed out. Would love to do it.

kneetopia - 3-12-2023 at 09:47 PM

Hi All. Looking to see if anyone has rode or drove this since last year. 3 of us on 350’s and 500’s are looking to link this up coming from San Juanico (mid April). Thanks

4x4abc - 3-12-2023 at 11:49 PM

I am irritated by this new breed of men
they need a reservation confirmation for camping
and they triple check on road conditions
I bet they would love to sue someone for the pothole that was not in the reports
what a generation of wimps!

I remember throwing some stuff in the car, grabbing a beer and a map - and Hasta la vista!
then you dealt with whatever you found
it was always good

[Edited on 3-13-2023 by 4x4abc]

kneetopia - 3-13-2023 at 12:25 PM

4x4abc- I hear ya man, I too enjoy a solid adventure and some unknown. But when you are spending lots of time and money to do a self supported adventure (that for me only happens every 5 years)...you kinda want to do what you can to prepare.

If I lived in MX, like you apparently do....I would have a different perspective.

Thanks for the help big guy :rolleyes:

[Edited on 3-14-2023 by kneetopia]

WideAngleWandering - 3-13-2023 at 01:02 PM

I don't see asking nomads on this forum as any different from asking a friend or a local about road conditions. It is a normal and reasonable thing to do. Nothing shameful about it and it says nothing about one's manliness.

Good luck with your trips. Hope to read about it and see pics in the trip reports forum.