BajaNomad

Bajo California, el Límite del Tiempo movie with English subtitles

David K - 3-10-2023 at 07:55 AM

A film about the land and people we love, and about the Arce clan.

Damian is a married artist living in Los Angeles with his wife. After he accidentally hits a woman with his car and flees the scene, he seeks atonement and travels alone to Mexico, both to find peace and to reconnect with his family roots. Assisted by local guide Arce, Damian locates his grandmother's resting place and searches for redemption through a long trek in the arid wilderness of his ancestral land.

Although the movie begins and ends in English, and it is mostly a visual film, for the Spanish dialog having subtitles is nice for the non-flouent Spanish speakers.

Back 22 years ago, we exchanged a VHS copied from the Sundance channel, which had subtitles. Today, I found this online... good and clear, plus who has a VHS still?

https://youtu.be/RljBjEXwwi8

WideAngleWandering - 3-10-2023 at 08:42 PM

Downloaded. Gracias for the link.

David K - 3-11-2023 at 07:11 AM

It was a really fun movie for us Baja nuts; showing Highway One travel, using the Auto Club and Baja Topo maps to show where Damian was, a military checkpoint, the little restaurant in San Ignacio (next to that military checkpoint), San Francisco de la Sierra, the giant cave art (with the humor on its discovery by Erle Stanley Gardner), the Arce clan detailed (with credit to Harry Crosby mentioned), and the end in Santa Rosalia.
Our Baja cult film!

mtgoat666 - 3-11-2023 at 07:55 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
the little restaurant in San Ignacio (next to that military checkpoint),

Sadly, the proprietor passed from cancer and the Quichule is closed.

David K - 3-11-2023 at 10:16 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Quote: Originally posted by David K  
the little restaurant in San Ignacio (next to that military checkpoint),

Sadly, the proprietor passed from cancer and the Quichule is closed.

Ahhh, so sad nobody in the family wanted to keep it going. Inside was a tribute to the making of the film, as I recall? I think the location was messed up when the military set up there.