BajaNomad

"Searching for Mexico" with Eva Longoria

Santiago - 3-28-2023 at 04:49 PM

On Hulu, just started, 8 episodes eating her way thru Mexico. First episode is CDMX, but Baja is on the list. Stanley Tucci of "Searching for Italy" fame is the producer. First class.
Don't miss this

sancho - 3-29-2023 at 09:36 AM

t's also on CNN Sun. nite, wish they would show more of
the surrounding area

rccali - 3-29-2023 at 11:24 AM

I had high hopes of this show after watching all of the Searching for Italy episodes with Stanley Tucci. I tried to watch a two different episodes but I could not manage to get through either one due to the host. Longoria is not in the same league as Stanley Tucci, let alone Anthony Bourdain IMHO.

[Edited on 3-29-2023 by rccali]

StuckSucks - 4-9-2023 at 08:30 AM

Food Court: Mexican Edition with Eva Longoria

surfhat - 4-9-2023 at 11:09 AM

Yes, Stanley Tucci's Searching for Italy was and is, hopefully, an armchair traveler fans much appreciated efforts.

I continue to look forward to my own travels for culinary, art, history, and architectural pursuits now that the plague has somewhat receded to allow safe travels again.

That travel dream goes for more than Italy, with Spain and Portugal as a starting point. More armchair traveling until that comes about, and for that I appreciate Eva's contribution even with its questionable detractions that some are pointing out. It comes from her heart and is a passion we can all appreciate.

I find those criticisms of her recent series easily forgivable for what we can derive from her travels. From my arm chair's perspective and what that is worth which is nada. haha

[Edited on 4-9-2023 by surfhat]

pauldavidmena - 4-10-2023 at 12:46 PM

I should mention that both "Searching for Italy" and "Searching for Mexico" are not on Hulu, but rather "Hulu + Live TV", which has a significantly larger price tag.