BajaNomad

Stanta Rosalia, BCS

chatolj - 3-29-2023 at 04:56 PM

Any info/news on the progress of the development of the harbor project started awhile back (1.5-2 years ago). New Launch ramp, shops, etc.
Thanks

Don Pisto - 3-29-2023 at 05:29 PM

well they got a new OXXO trying to keep the theme of the city......

JZ - 3-30-2023 at 12:27 PM

Have taken a boat to the marina many times over about 20 years.

Crossed from Sonora and either stayed there a day or two or gassed up and headed down to Mulege/Concepcion Bay/Loreto/La Paz. It's a pretty easy run from SR to Punta Chivato.

Back in early 00's there were very small docks on the Northern part of the harbor. Seems like about 10-15 slips? You had to bring jugs down for fuel. No pump.

By at least 2015 they put in new docks on the Southern side and a big Pemex tank.

Looking forward to checking it out again.

[Edited on 3-30-2023 by JZ]

JZ - 3-30-2023 at 12:35 PM

Another thing, back in the day you had to check in with API when going from marina to marina. It was a process that could take 2-3 hours.

They would send you running from one office to the bank, to some other place and back to the office. They brought out an old typewriter to create a doc. This was circa 2003 and they still weren't using printers.

Last time at API, the office guy handed me some paperwork and my Canadian friend and I sat back down for another 30-45 mins. Finally, I asked him what was the next step and he said, "You are all done."

We had a 2-3 year gap between trips to the marina once. On our return after an extended time away we rolled up to the docks, tied off, and the Port Captain walked down up and greeted us. He proceeded to pulled my brother-in-law's business card out of his wallet and showed it to us. Was a great laugh. Gave him a beer of course.

[Edited on 3-31-2023 by JZ]

Whiskey Witch - 3-31-2023 at 02:12 PM

The Santa Rosalia docks at the north end with space for (6-8?) boats, was destroyed by Hurricane Odile, Sept 2014

JZ - 3-31-2023 at 02:56 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Whiskey Witch  
The Santa Rosalia docks at the north end with space for (6-8?) boats, was destroyed by Hurricane Odile, Sept 2014

Can you rent overnight spaces on the new docks? Any idea how much?

chatolj - 3-31-2023 at 03:35 PM

Thanks for the responses but I was referring to a project started last year on the north side of where the ferry landed. The area where the launch ramp was before it became unusable years ago. Where the commercial pangas unload and tie up on shore.
The Fonatur Marina is still in great shape. Electric / fresh water and clean showers/bathrooms. We have a small skiff (18')costs $144 pesos daily rate at $8 pesos per foot. Drops to $6 pesos weekly.
Just found out that like most projects, it stalled out. Go figure, LOL.