BajaNomad

Mexicali COSTCO

3464james - 4-3-2023 at 05:57 PM

Does anyone know for sure if: COSTCO sells gas at their Mexicali location and weather they exchange dollars for pesos?
Thanks in advance, Jim

AKgringo - 4-3-2023 at 07:10 PM

Here is a link to their website; https://www.costco.com.mx/store-finder/Mexicali

Edit; I couldn't find anything about exchanging currency, but the gas station is open. I wonder what the difference in cost is compared to the Calexico stations?

By the way, the Walmart in Calexico was set up for exchanges last October, and it looked like they were about to open a gas station.

[Edited on 4-4-2023 by AKgringo]

Mexicali COSTCO

3464james - 4-4-2023 at 08:20 AM

Thank you for the listing. Apparently they do sell fuel. Found nothing on currency exchange. Anybody else know?

mtgoat666 - 4-4-2023 at 09:17 AM

Lots of cambios in mexicali and calexico. You dont need a costco to change money.
For gasoline, i suppose you can drive by costco and check for a station , if you dont find costco stn, plenty of gas stns in mexicali.

3464james - 4-4-2023 at 01:33 PM

I am going through El Centro, crossing Mexicali east in an attempt to go around downtown Mexicali, via the commercial truck route. Since I will be arriving rather late in El Centro and departing early it makes locating a cambrio more difficult. There are no cambrio's on the route I chose, hence making one stop shop at Costco seems much easier and I go right by it.