BajaNomad

Need Special dinner recommendations for Loreto

Santiago - 4-13-2023 at 07:59 AM

Taking SWMBO to Loreto (she's never been there) for her B-day, what's a good spot for celebrating her B-day? It's been 4 or 5 years since I've been there.
Thanks

jamesbee - 4-13-2023 at 09:45 AM

If you don't mind 20 minutes of rough dirt road, we really enjoyed La Picazon ,just North of town.

TLBaja79 - 4-13-2023 at 04:30 PM

I haven't been in 6mo or so....things change
La Mision, always great, very nice
Mediteraneo, good food, high price but good, great views
Santo Cielo, great place, great food, haven't been enough to fully support it
Mi Loreto, used to be awesome, haven't been in a while so may be back to its glory. Always great service, great Margs

Definitely not the end all list but those are the fancier places I can think of now. 6mo in Loreto means some places close shop, some places change quality......

Almost - 4-13-2023 at 05:54 PM

Pepegina's at the marina, Mi Loreto are both good, Mezzaluna and Zapata are less formal.

David K - 4-14-2023 at 05:48 AM

Orlando's was great... but that was a few years ago.

Tommy A - 4-14-2023 at 09:17 AM

Mita Gourmet
In the town square
Consistently very good
Good idea to make reservations

JZ - 4-14-2023 at 01:42 PM

Quote: Originally posted by jamesbee  
If you don't mind 20 minutes of rough dirt road, we really enjoyed La Picazon ,just North of town.

This is only open certain times of the year and I don't think they stay open very late. Need to check before going. But a good choice. Very interesting place and a fun little drive to get there. Right on the ocean front across from Isla Coronado.

JZ - 4-14-2023 at 01:46 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Santiago  
Taking SWMBO to Loreto (she's never been there) for her B-day, what's a good spot for celebrating her B-day? It's been 4 or 5 years since I've been there.
Thanks

I'd put Domingo's above every place mentioned in this thread so far.

Great food, great interior and vibe.

JZ - 4-14-2023 at 01:48 PM

Quote: Originally posted by TLBaja79  
I haven't been in 6mo or so....things change
La Mision, always great, very nice
Mediteraneo, good food, high price but good, great views
Santo Cielo, great place, great food, haven't been enough to fully support it
Mi Loreto, used to be awesome, haven't been in a while so may be back to its glory. Always great service, great Margs

Definitely not the end all list but those are the fancier places I can think of now. 6mo in Loreto means some places close shop, some places change quality......

La Mision is great for breakfast or lunch. Super cool to sit outside and look out on the ocean.

Tommy A - 4-14-2023 at 04:10 PM

Regarding La Picazon:
The dirt road from town has been blocked due to a land dispute with a neighbor so you want to drive North on the #1 highway(the only highway) going out of town. Past the cemetery and keep on going. Then on your right you’ll see a white arrow with the words Bajo. Just follow those signs and they’ll lead you to the gates of La Picazon.

BooJumMan - 4-15-2023 at 07:21 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Tommy A  
Regarding La Picazon:
The dirt road from town has been blocked due to a land dispute with a neighbor so you want to drive North on the #1 highway(the only highway) going out of town. Past the cemetery and keep on going. Then on your right you’ll see a white arrow with the words Bajo. Just follow those signs and they’ll lead you to the gates of La Picazon.

Only time I was ever there I had one of my favorite meals of Baja. It was a smoked marlin quesadilla, absolutely amazing. I guess that was already ugh... 6 years ago.

honda tom - 4-15-2023 at 08:15 AM

La Picazon ... or Mi Loreto...
do both

RFClark - 4-16-2023 at 11:41 AM

Domingo’s Steak and Seafood next to the SantaFe hotel. Great Steaks and Shrimp Scampi to die for. Excellent bar and service too.

StuckSucks - 4-17-2023 at 08:15 AM

We are big fans of La Picazon. Yes, a bit of work to get to, but we think worth it. Great views of the ocean and off-shore islands.

BajaMama - 4-18-2023 at 07:53 AM

Mi Loreto.

Canipole - Art in Food

Howard - 4-18-2023 at 03:01 PM

You cant go wrong with most places that have been mentioned however for an experience that you will talk about for years to come I would go to either La Picazon or even better yet, Canipole - "Art in Food".

They are closed most of the time and reservations are a must and usually they have a set menu. If you need help in getting in touch with them just let me know and I will swing by. It's located just west of the town square, around the corner from the Mission.

Canipole - Art in Food

JZ - 4-18-2023 at 05:24 PM

What times of the year is La Picazon open?

Don Pisto - 4-18-2023 at 06:19 PM

chit just go to Augies:coolup:

Lengua - 4-18-2023 at 07:34 PM

Mi Loreto or La Mision Hotel. Ones in the town square area an the other overlooks the Malecon and Sea of Cortez. At La Mision make reservations and sit on the terrace, you’ll love it!! The Plantain Rellano at Mi Loreto is their signature dish and delicious. Last time at La Mision we dined on fresh caught fish 3 ways and ceviche along with some outstanding desserts.

Been Provecho