BajaNomad

Border crossing Question

liknbaja127 - 12-9-2023 at 10:08 AM

Does anybody have any info on the road going out of TJ to the toll road? In
November they where demoing the center divider, with only one lane!
Last week a friend said that it was closed! not sure if this is part of the large
road project talked about a while back on this site. Will be going down in about 2 weeks, may just go Otay Mesa!

mtgoat666 - 12-9-2023 at 10:38 AM

That road along the border fence is often a mess.

I find it fastest to go southbound via third av to benito juarez, and northbound via benito juarez to second av.

Google maps, apple maps and waze usually do a good job of picking fastest route thru the area.

Also, the road along the fence is dirty, dreary and depressing,… a lighter experience to drive thru the city.

liknbaja127 - 12-9-2023 at 10:58 AM

Thanks, As far as TJ, the faster I get through it the better! nothing for me there!

Posted two days ago on Discover Baja's Bulletin

David K - 12-9-2023 at 11:01 AM

Construction Along Tijuana’s Avenida Internacional

Avenida Internacional, the main freeway for accessing Tijuana’s San Ysidro border crossing, is currently under construction and partial closure as they build an elevated road. One lane of traffic will remain open in each direction as they work. The construction is expected to take six months. If you want to avoid Avenida Internacional all together, you can take Calle Segunda through town to reach the border.

liknbaja127 - 12-9-2023 at 11:17 AM

Thanks Dave, Is Otay Mesa not a good way? I have been that way but it has been a long time ago! Also will be bring down a Generator for the house. will be stopping to declare for sure.

David K - 12-9-2023 at 12:02 PM

Quote: Originally posted by liknbaja127  
Thanks Dave, Is Otay Mesa not a good way? I have been that way but it has been a long time ago! Also will be bring down a Generator for the house. will be stopping to declare for sure.

I liked Otay crossing to easily get onto the Corredor 2000 (BC #201) and avoid the Tijuana/Rosarito mess.

This map is to Rosarito, so ignore the distance and time going north on Mex. #1 from BC #201, if you are going south of there...

Corredor 2000.jpg - 158kB