BajaNomad

SY Sentri?

Alm - 1-5-2024 at 06:36 PM

Haven't been there since before the construction (if it's ended already). Navigator and Waze app stubbornly point me to the Ready Lane.

When I look at Google Maps, approach to both lanes is the same, and then they split somewhere at the beginning of the pedestrian line. So you just keep left to get to Sentri. Is this correct?

fandango - 1-5-2024 at 10:36 PM

On Google maps look up - boulevard padre kino, zona rio. That will highlight the road. Find the padre kino traffic circle. Padre kino takes you to sentri. You’ll see good signage and concrete curbs to keep you in the 2 sentri lines.

Alm - 1-6-2024 at 11:55 AM

Thx. Coming from the Quota, can I do U-turn from Av. Internacional to Padre Kino? This is where P Kino splits into 3 lanes - to Pedwest, to Sentri and to Ready. Don't see any signs prohibiting but hey, this is Mexico, who knows. 4-way stop, no traffic lights, can be tricky with much traffic.
Edit - PS: found traffic circle with monument half a mile to the South, seems easier/safer than the U-turn.

[Edited on 1-6-2024 by Alm]

fandango - 1-6-2024 at 08:49 PM

Go to YouTube and look up this video. Titled sentri: san ysidro by 4fandango44

This video will take you from the last toll all the way to sentri. At the beginning of the video it says take a right which takes you to the border fence road. That road is under construction. Check Google maps at the last toll, if it is jammed don’t take that right turn. Stay straight. You are on segundo, stay in the left lane and you will end up on the road that goes along the river.