BajaNomad

My La Bocana visit!

BajaBlanca - 2-21-2024 at 10:58 PM

I am in La Bocana for a short 5 day visit. I cannnot tell you how fun it is to be here! I am staying at our hotel and having the time of my LIFE.

Les had to stay home. For 1, he does not like flying any more and 2) One of us had to be home to get the visa that was supposed to arrive last Monday. My mom turns 90 in April and I decided to give her an early birthday visit, then extended it to La Bocana.

I brought some presents (understatement of the day)

I had my lobster and shrimp fix!

I have met with friends and friends and friends. It feels good to love and be loved.

The famous Joaquin!

My very first visitors were the 7 kids, Mom Tidiana and Dad, Abraham!

In exchange for helping them, they helped me hours and hours today, deep cleaning the hotel. Great deal for both!

Of course, it goes without saying that I had a margarita.

And guess who is happy that I am here? He acted as if I had only been gone one day LOL

We really had a good life here in La Bocana - just as we have a wonderful life in Alanya, Turkiye now.

NO BAD DAYS and have a good one.

David K - 2-21-2024 at 11:52 PM

What a great report!
Nice to see you back in this hemisphere!

[Edited on 2-22-2024 by David K]

pauldavidmena - 2-22-2024 at 06:10 AM

Happy homecoming - and Happy Margarita Day! :cool:

BoenBaja - 2-22-2024 at 09:44 AM

Welcome back mi amiga, I’m in BA right now, maybe I can get a caravan organized and some of your friends from our pueblo can come down for a visit, maybe Domingo?

watizname - 2-23-2024 at 07:28 AM

Your posts are always so uplifting. A rarity these days. Thanks.

AKgringo - 2-23-2024 at 08:40 AM

Quote: Originally posted by watizname  

Yeah....It is almost like U.S. politics don't matter to her! What's up with that? :?:

David K - 2-23-2024 at 09:57 AM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
Quote: Originally posted by watizname  

Yeah....It is almost like U.S. politics don't matter to her! What's up with that? :?:

Maybe because she now lives in Turkey?

BajaBlanca - 2-25-2024 at 07:04 AM

I am back min san diego already but do go down to Bocana.

It was such a fun trip, just magical.

advrider - 2-25-2024 at 08:02 PM

Good to see you back for a visit. Did you sell your house? If I remember you said you have someone running the hotel now? We hope to stay for a short time next year.

BajaBlanca - 2-25-2024 at 10:57 PM

Hotel is up and running. It was booked solid for 3 days and that is why I did not stay a little longer.

Nacho and Linda run it and their daughter Sannia cleans the rooms after guests leave.

The house is indeed still for sale and after talking to the secretary, documents for the proper title should come this year - then the price goes up. I did go in, it is still as wonderful as I remember.

shari - 2-26-2024 at 01:41 PM

How lovely you got to visit your old stompin grounds Blanca...would have been nice to see you!

BajaBlanca - 2-26-2024 at 08:10 PM

It was so beautiful seeing your whales!