Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: La Paz El Magote Project
tim40
Senior Nomad

Mood: There yet?

[*] posted on 4-22-2005 at 09:45 AM
La Paz El Magote Project

Spent 10 days in La Paz getting back Monday evening. Had the opportunity again to meet some very interesting and informative people in our pursuit to purchase some land and casa(s). If they were giving El Magote away, it does not fit our profile desire for acquisitions (shared to convey that this is not intented to be biased). Without sharing names (don't know they would want to be quoted): 1. One person is one of the major land and property holders in and around La Paz (is not a seller of anything...so again, would not have a biase that I would be aware of) indicated that their have been major partner problems and the project is significantly in trouble. 2. Another person who is a member of the Nature Conservancy in La Paz, indicated that there are a number of environmental challenges taking place....

So what do you hear??? I also heard that they have 272 units sold. From my room with binoculars, I had a great view and could see very little action....

When searching for the end of your rainbow you only have until dusk....
bajalera
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-22-2005 at 12:54 PM

The local scuttlebutt my son Steve has heard is that the former governor of BCS--the one who sold off El Mogote, El Caimancito (the historic beachside mansion of the governor, long a venue for civic events and now becoming a commercial acquariium) and Las Calaveras (the strange landform on the way out of town, named by Father Kino in 16?? and now open for private exploitation)--has a substantial financial interest in this Paradise. So maybe it will fly. (Pardon the longwinded sentence--I don't have time to straighten it out.)

Meanwhile, we kayaked over there last week, and nothing has changed in the last year-and-a-half.

Lera

Lera

\"Very few things happen at the right time, and the rest never happen at all. The conscientious historian will correct these defects.\" - Mark Twain
Jack Swords
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-22-2005 at 01:36 PM
Serious flaws in this project

The overwhelming sentiment in La Paz is against this project. They have already leveled native vegetation leaving a bare moonscape to the winds. The sales force gives different answers to different people witrh regards to roads, water, sewage, etc. With no road developers are driving miles along a beach that rarely saw any cars. What used to be a pristine beach is now a well traveled road and the bird life is practically nonexistant. Nothing has been done in the past year, but promises continue to be made to prospective purchasers. Another project done well in La Paz is Costa de Baja which is a marina, hotel, residences, etc. It was started the same time as the magote project, but is nearing completion. Development seems inevitable, but there is a right and a wrong way. The oposition to the Paraiso del Mar (magote) is great. Try paraisodelmar.com to see the promises being made. Time will tell!

For an environmental point of view from the University and other sources check out
http://bajaforums.com/eve/ubb.x/a/tpc/f/8916097171/m/7271024...
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 4-23-2005 at 07:06 AM
i am with you Jack on this one

i checked it all out while south for the baja 1000 last nov.
the location is seriously flawed.......

too bad, some one got suckered on this one.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
tim40
Senior Nomad

Mood: There yet?

[*] posted on 4-24-2005 at 07:18 PM

It will be 'interesting' to see what happens. We drove by the new marina project a dozen times. From the road it looks like it is getting close. On 'sales days' it looked like they were drawing large crowds of interest. Zero idea what they are charging....again, another property that does not fit our desired profile (not good or bad...just not what float our boat).

When searching for the end of your rainbow you only have until dusk....

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.