BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: If you could build your very own Baja town, how would it look like?
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

thumbup.gif posted on 4-23-2005 at 02:12 PM
If you could build your very own Baja town, how would it look like?

As we all know, Baja is changing, some for the good, some for the bad, many of the new developments are choosing a very non-Baja non-Mexico like architecture, i simply can?t figure out why someone would like their home to look like he was living in California or Arizona here, but hey, its their money, i have a collection of images of Mexican architecture and Mexican towns that i like, if i had 20 million bucks i would build a town based on these images, i would let locals buy the homes for cheap providing they follow certain rules, and i would allow some low key resorts to operate in the town. this way the town would not lose its Mexican flavor, the locals can live comfortable in town and not be kicked out to a shanty town on the back, and a visitor from today would be able to to bring its children in 30 years and the town would not be a completely different place. Sort of what you see in some Italian coastal towns and some Greek island.

What would you like to add?

Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-23-2005 at 04:12 PM
Jesse

I would build it just like it was 40 years ago Loreto! No hanges iin the Casas. no changes in the Great People!!

Why change anything to look like a Pretence, leave Life as it is, Why be like someone Else, be yourself!!!

Skeet/Loreto===An still loving Loreto
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 4-23-2005 at 04:37 PM
i'd like to see it

with similar architectural influences you see at Alamos or San miguel de allende.
i just love old colonial and mining period stuff.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-23-2005 at 07:23 PM

When you guys figure this all out and build your town I would like to volunteer my services as mayor....for life. I will not require a salary.;)

JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-23-2005 at 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
When you guys figure this all out and build your town I would like to volunteer my services as mayor....for life. I will not require a salary.;)

Presidente Municipal Dave from the Nueva York Deli:tumble:
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-23-2005 at 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skeet/Loreto
I would build it just like it was 40 years ago Loreto! No hanges iin the Casas. no changes in the Great People!!

Why change anything to look like a Pretence, leave Life as it is, Why be like someone Else, be yourself!!!

Skeet/Loreto===An still loving Loreto

Oh skeet, i think recreating Loreto 40 years ago is far more difficult than building a town out of imagination, is this dream possible? how much would it take? to begin with, you would need to buy property to build suck dream, lets see, what do you guys think of this little gem:

http://www.loscabosmls.com/photos.asp?mls_no=3301~00018

[Edited on 4-24-2005 by JESSE]
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-23-2005 at 07:35 PM

If you have trouble opening the link, just copy and open it.
surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-23-2005 at 09:35 PM

All I know is it wouldn't have any Mexicans in it and only P-nche gringos allowed.....:O
bajalera
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-23-2005 at 09:48 PM

I'd like a plaza that has a white kiosk decorated with fancy ironwork, where a Sinaloa-type band with a Sousaphone could play oom-pah music on Sunday afternoons. And nearby, an open-air bar that stocks Negra Modelo.

Lera

\"Very few things happen at the right time, and the rest never happen at all. The conscientious historian will correct these defects.\" - Mark Twain
Packoderm
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-23-2005 at 10:14 PM

Maybe the island conected to the tombolo at El Requeson can hold a hotel like this one in Dubai.

http://www.burj-al-arab.com/
The Gull
Super Nomad

Mood: High

[*] posted on 4-23-2005 at 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Packoderm
Maybe the island conected to the tombolo at El Requeson can hold a hotel like this one in Dubai.

http://www.burj-al-arab.com/

The better picture of that hotel is with Tiger Woods hitting golf balls off that top level helipad that you can see in this photo.

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

�I won\'t insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said.� William F. Buckley, Jr.
Packoderm
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-23-2005 at 10:58 PM

I've been browsing Burj Al Arab's website - what a place. Each suite has two floors, and comes complete with a personal butler. The Royal suite has 780 sqare meters of floorspace. It costs $3,110.00 U.S. per night. You have to agree to their terms before they will let you view the picture gallery. I didn't read it all the way, but I'm sure that it is ok for me to show the URL for the page.

http://213.42.73.43/imagelibrary/Public/searchresult.asp?Mode=Property&Querystring=1
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-24-2005 at 12:02 PM

Nice Hotel, but i have a rule about my vacations, stay a thousand miles away from any place where you can get your head severed by radicals.
comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 4-24-2005 at 12:15 PM

La Paz---------The way it was 10 years ago, yesterday, tomorrow, 10 years from now, hope I'm here to enjoy it. I wouldn't change anything from the past and am looking forward to the future that I have no control over!!!!!!!!

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 4-24-2005 at 02:22 PM
Paradise

Jesse,
This morning I awoke in Baja and soon Keri, Pyramid Resort, was asking me to look at your post when I got home. She thought I might like to POST a comment and guess what! I do.

My town would be simple. It would be filled with some of the most wonderful people in the world! Some of them short and dark, a few are tall, thin, and pale. Most of them are just like you and me?if you shave off the mustache?s. The women would come in all sizes and shapes but they would ALL wear the true Mexican smile (worth a million bucks) and their hair would be shimmering black. Their eyes would see the lies you would tell them.

The children would be Mexican kids?inventive, creative, smiling, happy, and most of all respectful of their elders.

It would be full of flowers, natural and paper, full of colors and fragrances of fun, love, noises, and caring.

The streets would be of dirt as would the floor of the casitas. No windows allows BUT shutters against the wind are approved.

There would be a magical fountain, close by the well in the plaza. A place to come to be refreshed and draw the substance of life.

There would be a tortilla shop right next to the church to provide the staff of life as the priest addressed the soul.

The sun would shine and warm the soul and the rain would only fall in the surrounding mountains to come babbling into the pueblo in a stream of love.

Gringo?s and other foreigners would be allowed only in the number that would not dilute
The mystical qualities of my paradise.

Sure I am a dreamer BUT why not?

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
Baja Bernie

[*] posted on 4-24-2005 at 08:06 PM
Pomp

I believe you misspelled the name.

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
Baja Bernie

[*] posted on 4-25-2005 at 06:31 AM
Pomp

I'm doing a lot of research right now on the boat theory--very possibly Chinese via Australia,
Fun!

MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 4-25-2005 at 05:32 PM
The perfect Town

It would be nice to find a small, friendly fishing village circa 1960s-70s with a Walmart, Wendys, KFC, McDonalds about an hour down the road.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.