BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: To BECOME: SO Comfortably Numb...
RandyMacSC/SO
Special Correspondent

[*] posted on 4-24-2005 at 02:10 PM
To BECOME: SO Comfortably Numb...

Now that I remember more - I am SO much an Eagles, Don Henley, Bob Seger, Jackson Browne, Tom Waits, Tadpolio Campbell (Mr Not So Idle Eyes Guy), Denbob, and Dan the Man big smiley listener of joy fan and oh how I am SO SO comfortably numb after feeling of being SO dum? as sometimes I am, and now that I have taken a moment nout to reflect on some good advice from my good friend and brothers and Harvey, and Dan the MAN, and also of the reflective good advice from SO many Baja Nomad friendly folk such as Skeet, Bruce, Natalie Anne and the SO many others of the smiley kind and Now I have become SO Comfortably Numb, and just perhaps, just perhaps I am not SO dum?. Okay I can be both sometimes if I SO choose, cause it is just SO okay with me sometimes - I guess.

Thank Thank U Thank U. Bless U for your messages 2 me as I SO SO much appreciate them and U.

Lo lo (SO beautiful a Lady - Oh My Lady in photo on my 47th year day she brought me the big cake to my favorite hang out at my friend's of Moe and Arnie kind REX Hotel) and oh how she makes me smile SO SO SO SO much, and So much SO that I can't stop smiling and I do believe I even smile in my sleep. Cause I check sometimes. And that's okay cause I can do it all day for life if I can. Can I? Course I can...

Never could bring my self to ask for much, cause I am SO dang independent and can be So dum? sometimes, but I have a biggie to ask and would appreciate some I if I may be SO bold as to ask my friend Baja Nomad friends such as Skeet Loreto, David K, AA and Bruce and those many others of the smiley source kind, especially those who know that to smile is to pray and to give them away brings many in a day.

The beautiful Lady Lo lo is recovering from the nastiest of nasties in the spiral of life and I SO SO pray each and every day that she sees many many many many more sunshine days, but I have a tough time asking for some help and I do need to ask for some right now. Cause alls I can do is ask, SO I can do what I do to keep the huge smiles on her face, SO she can see take a trip to see the green flashes of Baja, meet some wonderful beautiful smiley source people and the land of smiles and all that it has to offer of the smiley kind one day soon.

Need help - Go BAJA NOMAD. Ask Baja Nomad friends RandyMac/SO, as they are SO wonderful wonderful a many people who share their heartfelt smiles in story and stories each and every day, in their own ways of the many many many ways in the spiral of life as stories are one of many ways to make more smiles on many many faces.

SO: NOTE TO ME: Make sure Mac SO that Lo Lo + me = oh how we are dreaming of a Baja trip... this coming fall or winter or SO I and we hope... SO she and we can continue to be and then we can be SO comfortably numb - in a sea of paradise - in a sea of beauty, surrounded by a sea within a sea near a sea within the bigger sea of beauty and to see and meet in the EYES the many Baja Nomads wo share their stories for others to keep or to be come inspired to share smiles each and every day.

I always always Enjoy reading, absorbing and digesting your many many wonderful and even the not so wonderful thoughts as I go about my day, as the many amazing and thought provolking stories I get to read and enjoy on Baja Nomad each and every day keep my heart pumping SO I can make someone smile as she needs SO many smiles to rev her engine each and every day: BAJA NOMAD WAY SOME DAY SOON.

Smiles: Free for the asking and giving, and what an invention, what a country, what countries, what a continent, what a planet. Oh how I pray to be SO strong to keep lo lo smiling cause:

I AM SO: C O M F O R T A B L Y N U M B

To My friend Danny Neufeld "Dan the Man" for showing me this site list night when I needed it most: Thanx Dan, cause you are the Man.

He's teaching me to sing these songs and I'm strumming and a picking away cause soon I'll be a singing away to Oh My Lady.

3 basic chords RandyMac just 3 basic chords. Multitask and then let it all flow... Now if I could only get these fingers to work in unisone?

RandyMac/SO
WWWWW Timestamp: April 24, 2005
documented paper trail of the neueve kind... ? to me? spelling of new in espanol? neueve: see online source... ok RandyMac/SO

http://www.eaglesfans.com/downloads/audio/#henley

............ SO much history. Wonder if it discusses the Hotel California stuff on this site? Now that makes me wonder?

Bein' Green? This wonderful Henley cover of a Kermit de Frog song is from the Kermit Unpigged album.

Don Henley explains how to plant a Walden tree? Don on the Garry Collins show, Home, in 1992.

Let's Stay Together? This is from the tribute album for Jeff Porcaro that Don Henley appeared on. You have to listen about halfway through to hear Don, but it's worth it.

Johnny Ne Sait Pas Lire? Don singing his hit Johnny Can't Read in French. Oooh! And now we have it in Spanish as well!!!!

[Edited on 4-24-2005 by RandyMacSC/SO]

==============================================
Ole' Irish saying (Gaelic): 'Go neirigh an bothar leat, go mbeidh an gaoth choiche sa droim agat, is go mbeidh tu thuas ar neamh leath-uair roimh is eol don diabhal go bhuil tu marbh'.... OR 'May the road rise up to meet you, May the wind always be at your back, and May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead'

Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-24-2005 at 02:51 PM
May God Bless youAll!!!

Hey Mac!
I am so blessed by you and your Words and those thoughts of the Day!
As I sat here in my warm Office on the Windy rainy Day in the Texas Panhandle of this Great Unihed States of America, I am accused of being an"Ole Fart, False Information is Spewed forth about me being Barred from this board because of my "Rant", be cause I am a Christain a smile comes across my Face.
Randy, Have a good One!!!

Skeet/Loreto

In God I Trust
RandyMacSC/SO
Special Correspondent

[*] posted on 4-24-2005 at 04:32 PM

My Heroes:

Myparents, my siblings, brother in law Edward and close family and many many many good honest good natured from all walks of life and religious denomination friends and then there is U SKeet Loreto, yes U my friend. You have inspired me to seek out more and ye shall find and U know I have to find my own path and we discussed this SO and can now reflect on it SO. As I know what I know, and I do what I do, and I am that I am, as I Do have a connection with the source of life in my own way as I have found that SO I as I ask forgiveness each day, and I have also found that many say and do this but rarely practice what they ask for and usually get more than they deserve, cause it is there for the asking and in many cases for the taking, and oh how so many just take take take and never think to give for a change.

Don't digress RandyMac/SO, stay on your track with Skeet in mind.

To forgive oneself is ever SO important, or so I have learned again, and I have forgiven myself and U my friend have helped me SO as what you wrote not SO long ago gave me some insight as to your words and wisdom in years of toil and what u wanted and did and did so in your way to impart some words of your wisdom of years to me in your stories Skeet and I am ever so thankful that U said what U said and did SO in your way, as I had a chance to read it, and decided to read it and think about it and what you were trying and did say, and I decided what worked for me in what you were saying, so I absorbed your words in the message you wrote in my own little way, and those words from U skeet (not all what you said, but what I choose to take in) were and are a big help to me to learn again and find my own little way again as I forgot almost everything not SO long ago and now it is all coming back - yet sometimes it is coming back SO fast and SO furious and it gets tough to manage it all. But I will and I do.

Thank U Skeet once again.

TO U Skeet Loreto MY Good Natured Friend of the Smiley Source Kind:

Some Modified words that I just read again as I am working on some stuff today for my friend Richie Sowa (eco hero of the discarded bottle kind) as I am rebuilding and making a new web site again 4 my friend that will be put up soon with help from his son Michael Sowa wo lives in England and has asked to collaborate on this project together and it is So exciting to me:

Just some rambling thoughts to ponder if U So choose:

Some Modified by me just now today so here are some words:
Grassroots Personal Action:

Grassroots personal action is the key to sustainability. Making personal choices is one way to make a difference, cause it is with actions tat we can make a big difference. But wat are te actions and reactions? Think?

This little ramble of the textual word kind is dedicated to the people out there, 4 making personal choices and also taking some action to see if they can get some reaction to just perhaps allow others to read their thoughts of action (or just some words) if they so Chose to do so, cause each individual has a choice, to say or not, what is on there mind, especially on the web of knowledge full of wisdom bumf and bull , and it is from what we chose to read or not read and absorb or not absorb, and we can decide for ourselves to learn if we so choose to do, cause it either encourages, discourages, angers, or makes a smile and perhaps that is all one needs to energize themselves and then other folks if you or they or I so choose to do so, SO they, I, we, you, can then do what ever it is to do best or not so best, to make a difference, and even though some may get disgruntled at what you spew or write, Skeet/Loreto, and maybe they can and will be rightfully SO discouraged by what you right, as they do have a choice, if they so believe and choose, but I chose mjy way to read your words and I decided to find some common ground to be friends with you no matter what.

My choice. No one elses choice, and that's cause I am me.

SO, of course, if you would like to see yourself on here more and I would So much appreciate that SO much, or if that can not be for some reason that I may not be aware, there's an alternative coming up soon for people that want to be heard within a heard, and many of them are from all walks of life Skeet Loreto, and just like u in their own ways, and for people like U Skeet who have something to say, as U know, there will and can be someone someplace that will appreciate what U have to say in your short a concise wwords of knowledge of the wisdom of life kind, and when U want to say it, U can real soon on a new web site that I have been designing behind the scenes (not in any way competitive to my favorite BN site that I like to reflect, read and ramble on and on on) as I personally decided to creat such a site or maybe two or three or more, as web software is like baking cookies ya know, as make one make many from the one design kind, and that is just me cause I wanted to find a site or then I thought why not make one that is ever so smart behind to allow the individual to spew to the collaborative to say what one will say when they want to say it, so perhaps some others may want to read what is spewed forth.

Cause all that I can choose for is me, and now just a little before my plans were to do so, I want to let u you know who fits perfectly on this new page(s) of endless eternity if it is possible and it is unless the sun chooses to X all digital data out one day, so please e-mail me at: randymacsc@yahoo.com and I'll let U in on a little secret cause I just know U can keep a little secret as U have a great BIG SMILEY GUY HEART Skeet/Loreto.

You make me laugh and smile, and think and reflect all the time Skeet Loreto, no matter what choose to write on any given day, as no matter what anyone else says bout U, just know this from me my friend, YOU make me smile all the time cause you write and sometimes it can be taken the wrong way by some or the right eay by some but at least you have given some the chance to see what you want to say, SO for a person of heart, U mean what you say and you say what U mean and at least I always know where your coming from, cause sometimes I don't know where I am coming from my friends cause I can't remember sometimes, and then I forget where I was or where I am going.

SO I read to reflect, reflect to read, look back for a moment and drive forward cause ya never get anywhere in life driving by looking in the rear view mirror all the time.

Have a big favor to ask of U Skeet/Loreto, my new amigo... of the smiley guy Texas Panhandle sized kind. As they say: "Go big or go home. and U Go big my friend and U keepo it coming cause I like it. but maybe some oters don't and we do need to keep that in mind all the time, but within a balance, to not let it run or even so much as ever try to ruin life.

I have asked a few people I ver much appreciate and admire for what they have to say, as I learn from them as they are my many mentors in life, and I have asked a few and I have a few more to ask when I get to remembering to ask them, and tere are a few Baja Nomad's on the big list that I have put together (now on a big white board so I don't lose track of it) and I have asked then if they would and So choose if they will, to write their thoughts down so I can add it to the Forward or two in a few new books about being kind to others, and of course I want you to read these new books in process Skeet if you So choose to do so, and I do hope you will, as you are one of a few that are on the A list set of first choices of mine and I would appreciate it if you would write a FORWARD page or two for me, so I can add it to my new book (s) and have Phylis read and then do what she does best (editor) SO I can get down in print the messages that I want to say and have longed to say but just didn't know how, and now think I can, if I focus and I can, SO this rambling is a for a reason Skeet as some others have noticed that there are more viewers on BN than meets the eye, SO to make sure you know where I am coming from, cause I can be very focused ya know... and I would very much appreciate if you could write a little Forward message to a new book (1st in a series) (Baja Legend: Blackberry & Sumara) that I have had in the works for such a long long time and now my friend and editor Phylis Connely and my big brother Neil says "Get cracking RandyMac as the time is a wastin as we are all waiting on the new books kind as the words stored on my little iBook and on the web (somewhere that I place it all, and I do test the prototype stuff here and on other sites to see what I can see and learn) and it is coming fast and furious my friend for you to read if U so Choose, and there are a few sites to allow others to do likewise. Cause it's not all just about me, as many many others have many many goods things to say and just can't get the break they need, so I have taken the time to put something together to allow them to be heard within a herd, and we'll see how it goes... cause that's all that we can do sometimes is see how it goes...

So please if I might be so bold as to ask you my friend could I ask you to write in your eloquent words of wisdom of the Skeet Loreto kind a: Forward to a new book about a little 5 year person of the real individual kind and her dog Blackberry and how see saw what she saw eac day and it is told through the eyes of Blackberry.

Pictures to follow so U can see what I mean as they help to paint a picture. Sumara and Blackberry. Oh how I learned so much and was able to remember things I wanted to remember but could figure out how until I was ever So fortunate to have Christain, Renata, and Sumara, and Blackberry pull into El Rqueson and park down they way from my Baja Chihuhua camp and she would rop by each day to see how I was doing and helpoed me to fix my broken shoulder that I drove with all the way from BC Canada in 5 days and took the time to find a way to heal myself from the inside out as it is still I work in process and it will be til the day I leave this beautiful, yet sometimes too materialistic plane.

Some sites to consider: as I do read alot, and there are way to many to list here and these are by no means my toip sites that I spend time on, as I may have only spent one day or one minute on them, and got something from what I read. I do try to avoid the crappy ones and there are may out there.

http://www.whatthebleep.com/ (dare to be different and it is interesting - at least it is to me)

http://www.payitforwardfoundation.org/home.html (interesting)

http://www.comicbookgalaxy.com/commentary_053104.html (new to me)

http://www.lauralee.com (I really enjoy this one alot and have for many years if I remember right)

Coming sooooooon

http://www.spiralchangenetwork.com
http://www.spiralchoicenetwork.com
And a few others that are in the cookie cutter works

On the pages, that we post are thoughts, we offer inspiration on the possibilities.....because everything is possible, todo es posible!

Thanx to all of you for all you do and especially to U Skeet Loreto for just being YOU.

RandyMac/SO

Just a few of many tat inspired me, and I do not subscribe to everything they do or say but at least they are doing soemthing instead of just b-tching and moaning like many people do, as the mouth usually opens but f all comes out but wine and cry wine and cry all day.

Say what you have to say or don't say anything at all. And do it whatever way you so chose cause somebody somewhere will eiter like or dislike what you say in your message. And that's better than nothing at all, but silence is Golden. (Time for me soon to gift myself again. Time to go rollerblading be silent for a wile wit the wind in my hair and face and then It's time to have dinner with Lo Lo and my big bro and maybe Tom my other bro who lives here in my home town.

From the Eco heros web site:

http://www.uoregon.edu/~recycle/main.htm

http://www.uoregon.edu/~recycle/heroes.htm

ANSEL ADAMS
http://www.anseladams.com/
At one with the power of the American landscape, and renowned for the patient skill and timeless beauty of his work, photographer Ansel Adams has been visionary in his efforts to preserve this country's wild and scenic areas, both on film and on Earth. Drawn to the beauty of nature's monuments, he is regarded by environmentalists as a monument himself, and by photographers as a national institution. It is through his foresight and fortitude that so much of America has been saved for future Americans.

CARLA CLOER
Schoolteacher Carla Cloer grew up in California?s Sierra foothills. Last year she received the John Muir Award, the Sierra Club?s highest honor, in recognition of her two decades of work protecting the giant sequoia groves she has visited since childhood. Her efforts culminated in President Clinton?s creation of the Giant Sequoia National Monument in April 2000.
See Sierra Magazine For More Information
http://www.sierraclub.org/sierra/200107/slater.asp

CAROLE KING
Carole King is best known as a singer and songwriter, but over the past 16 years she?s also made a name for herself as an environmental activist, working tirelessly to protect some of the nation?s most pristine wilderness through the Northern Rockies Ecosystem Protection Act.

CHRIS SCHOAP
The Ultimate Recycling - Houses!!!
Chris Schoap buys houses that are slated for demolition. He gently disconnects them from their location and moves them on large dollies to a new location. At that point, he renovates them and brings them back to life. Chris purchases these for a token amount of money and saves thousands in demolition costs while keeping these out of the landfill, and reviving them for low cost housing. A win win situation for all. The ultimate recycling, moving and restoring old houses! Thanx for recycling Chris!

DAVID BROWER
http://www.earthisland.org/brower/index.cfm

David Ross Brower was born in Berkeley, California on July 1, 1912. He founded Earth Island Institute and was president of Earth Island Action Group. Brower was a life-long wilderness enthusiast and engaged in conservation battles starting in 1938.

DAVID SUZUKI
Geneticist, broadcaster, author, and environmental activist David Suzuki is the host of Canadian television?s long-running science program, The Nature of Things, and author of 32 books, including 15 for children.

EDWARD ABBEY
http://www.abbeyweb.net/abbey.html
Abbey authored twenty-one books in his lifetime, including Desert Solitaire, The Monkey Wrench Gang, The Brave Cowboy, and The Fool's Progress. His comic novel The Monkey Wrench Gang helped inspire a whole generation of environmental activism.

STRANGE BIKE HERO
For months this bicycle "RV" has been seen around Eugene. It is made of some foam and aluminum scrap. Folks like this pop up around Eugene every once in awhile. This bicycle "RV" is the owners home, doesn't create any pollution and was made from recycled materials. Thanx to this mystery man for keeping the vision alive and for demonstrating simplicity in living that benefits all of us in the world community. Thanx for bicycling and recycling!

Can't recall the web site for this person.????

MAHATMA GANDHI
http://www.mahatma.org.in/index.jsp
Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi was among India's most fervent nationalists, fighting for Indian independence from British rule. Gandhi spearheaded the non-violent method of protest, which was termed "Satyagraha". For his dedicated service to the Indian Independence movement, Gandhi is often called the "Father of the Nation."

PAUL NEWMAN
Newman's Own Organics - http://www.newmansownorganics.com/index.html
Eating organic food is good for you, but when you choose Newman's Own Organics, you're choosing to help a good cause. All of our after-tax profits are donated to charity.

RICHIE SOWA (new site in the works as I am going to be collaborating with his son Michael on a new web site (much of it already done) and it will help Richie Sowa to deliver his message of hope to elp this planet.
A little blurb to let you know a little of this eco hero:

Richie's Island
Richie Sowa, a native of Great Britain, is a sidewalk and mural artist, a fine musician, and the creative force behind this amazing project. His island reflects his motto and goals for mankind.

Described in Ripley's Believe It or Not, published March 26, 2000, Richie constructed this floating island out of 65,000 reused plastic bottles, held together in a huge spiral with palapa roof netting. There he lives, complete with sand beach, fruit trees, a small palapa shelter, a kitchen with a solar cooker, and a self-composting toilet. You have to see it to believe it!

Eventually he will get his water supply from collected rainwater. His plan for the project was to "use the waste from this world as a foundation to create a tranquil piece of paradise and eventually sail around the earth on a floating island with the message of love and faith." Spiral Island is located in the southern canal of Puerto Aventuras south of Cancun, Mexico. Visitors are welcome. Any donation to the project of labor or money will help make his goal a reality.

If you would like to contact him, you can e-mail me at: randymacsc@yahoo.com and I can forward the message to him, as he gets tons from all over the world. I am going to be setting it up so it goes direct to him as it may be private to him. Oh how So many have wanted to marrty him sight unseen and the true nature of the man in, person unknown til they really meet him as I have had the privelge to do so. As Richie is my amigo and friend from my Yucatan living days.

He is always open to new ideas that support his vision. Because this is a general e-mail address for now, please be sure to write "Richie, Spiral Island: whatever you want in the subject goes here" and then place it in the subject line of your favorite email program and press send and I'll make sure he gets the message.

More sites tat I enjoy Skeet:

ROBERT REDFORD
http://www.angelfire.com/rant/pearly/redford/0000-redford.ht...
Sundance Institute - http://www.sundance.org/
I am so appalled by President Bush's plan to open up the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge to massive oil development that I feel I must do whatever I can to help stop it......
To read the rest of this letter go here - http://www.angelfire.com/rant/pearly/redford/zzz-message.htm...

THEO COLBORN
http://www.motherjones.com/mother_jones/MA98/snell.html
Was a pharmacist and A sheep farmer before going back to school for a doctorate in zoology. In 1987 she began studying the Great Lakes ecosystem and discovered that a broad range of synthetic chemicals, including dioxin and PCBs, were disrupting the endocrine systems of the region?s fish, birds, and mammals. Her groundbreaking research indicated that very small amounts of these chemicals can have long-term health effects on children exposed to them in the womb. She is now a senior scientist at the World Wildlife Fund.

Too too many words and too many references of knowledge or runmbling crap load of cow dung on the web to list here SO I gotta go now Skeet.

CU later my friend.

:biggrin:

Ole' Irish saying (Gaelic): 'Go neirigh an bothar leat, go mbeidh an gaoth choiche sa droim agat, is go mbeidh tu thuas ar neamh leath-uair roimh is eol don diabhal go bhuil tu marbh'.... OR 'May the road rise up to meet you, May the wind always be at your back, and May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead'

RandyMacSC/SO
Special Correspondent

[*] posted on 4-24-2005 at 05:04 PM
BBS: Bulletin Board System Bull systems for people to ramble on in words or ???

BBS: Bulletin Board System: An olden day of yester year kind online community to allow many people from all walks of life to communicate at long distances over the telephone lines to share thoughts, ideas, stories, programs, tidbits, bits and bytes, some code, or codes, and back then there was a whole lot of sharing going on and a whole lot of learning going on, and awhole lot of getting into stuff that wasn';t supposed to be gooten into by the average Joe or Jane, and it was being done on a local, national and international and global level, as the BBS was just one of many ways to communicate and share ideas of thought before the general public got to use the Internet globally as the Internet of Web was being worked on for SO many years in the labs THE WELL before it came along to the general public... and when it did and did so for a real good reason, it has become a real interesting place...

To be connected... To connect. Being there... To be heard within a herd, witin a herd of a much larger herd of herds of herds.

Say it any way you so chose and it all works out in the end.

Oh how I longed to connect and then disconnect I did, as I wanted to just live on a deserted island for a few years. Just me and my wits about me and nature. Maybe I did and just can't remember? Now that makes me wonder?

Just a little something I lost long ago and found again a moment ago:

Oh how I looked for this and I am SO happy I found it. Wrote this little message to Ed back in 1984 as I was working on a new BBS (bulletin Board System) in my home town and it was my conection to the outside global world, and this is just one of many letters and responses from a vast array of people around the globe and this wonderful Magazine Editor who focused on the Apple Macintosh computer when it first came out back in 1984 turned me on to thi stuff way back when and it was amazing to learn SO I could do what I wanted to do from what I saw in my minds eye.

If I can find the paintings that I did back in 1984, I will post photos of them too Skeet, and I have found so many things my head is spinning so fast my noodle might just pop a gasket.

Go slow RandyMac breathe like Natalie Anne taught you.

SO much stuff to reflect on as I remember again, if I SO choose to do and oh how there is So much of it, So maybe I needed to forget some of it. ???? What is it, - we only use 8% of our mind brain? Or do we? or how much can we choose to use?

Now that makes me wonder?

1984:

NEON WANTED
Randy McCallum
Trail, BC, Canada
First of all, thank you for issuing this Mac tutorial Journal. I want to learn how to make my own programs on the Mac and have just recently purchased NEON and MacForth. I was getting discouraged at first, but Reese Warner from Kriya Systems told me of your monthly Journal. I am told that at NEON tutorial will be in the upcoming issues, of which I am glad to hear. [We had our first NEON column by Noel Bergman last month; we haven't heard from Noel in a while, so Paul Snively is working up another one. Between those two editors, we hope to have a regular NEON column. -Ed.]
I have a BBS for Mac users in my area [ (604)-368-5931] called "Neon Lights" BBS, running on a mouse exchange program from Dreams of Phoniex. I want to be able to make my own BBS program using NEON or Forth that supports a telegaming section. I use the 300/1200 Hayes modem and need help to start out on the right track. Reese Warner assured me that I would be taking the right step by subscribing to your Journal, and I am sure I have. If you have any public domain stuff, I would appreciate it. [ See our source code disks for programs published in MacTutor. -Ed.]
Also a useful exercise is to modify the example to suppport selection by double-clicking. Keep up the good work! (Please send me a copy of your submission requirements.) [Submissions are MacWrite file format, with source code provided in both original source form for the source code disk, as well as in a MacWrite format. Illustrations should be in Draw when possible, otherwise in Paint. Always use tabs instead of spaces for alignment. Column width should be set at 2 and 51/8 inches, single spaced.-Ed.]

==========================

I bought and learned on many a keyboard source of input kind since personal computers came about back on day one back in the 1970's and then I waited, dreamed about, and waited some more for the day it would finally come out. The visual tool to input store and output my thoughts, ideas of iinovation and to share and to learn all that I ever wanted to do. Paper is great but it kills too many trees, and just maybe plants needed us to move their ideas around the globe.

Now that makes me wonder?

The Apple Macintosh. From the fruit company that my Auntie Joyce Mac..... told me about as she used to allow Steve and Steve or the two Steves to come into the school where she works (still at her age as a helper assistant to the Principal) in Cupertino CA and she would use the gesterner tool to allow the two Steve to print off their marketing material and plans and all sorts of stuff for them. Her good friend was the two Steve's first secretary. Smart lady and oh how my uncle gets bugged by my auntie for that silly coice he insisted on way back in 1975-76 time frame. All these years later, but that's okay cause it doesn'yt matter as they are happy campers in their golden ages and they do and have provided me and many others with some insight into the possibilities of individual choice.

I waited and waited and yes I used and bought other little tools that man created from his (their combined) thoughts,
(Timex Sinclair - ( http://oldcomputers.net/zx81.html ) but I just knew the Apple Macintosh computer was going to be SO radically different and of the visual kind, than any other computer (okay it wasn't the first but it was different as it was something that I could afford and so could many others) and oh how it made me dream and wonder and when I bought my 128K Mac back in 1984 when the fruit company first shipped them out that day to Canada. I Got real lucky and managed to buy one of the very first ones shipped to Canada and an Apple Dealer in British Columbia Canada that was 3 hours drive away from my home town.

$3,995 CDN dollars spent that day plus gas there and back give a take a meal on the way and back, to be exact and the best money I spent that day or any day I might have to say. I had just bought a new Jeep Scrambler before this, and was still making payments and I was saving 4 So many things yet spending like it was going out of style. Spaghetti colander?

The local Apple dealer (Tim Messenger) allowed me to earn my printer by painting him some cool paintings for his Apple Dealer in Castlelgar near my home town in Trail on the Wasington state USA BC border that is on the mighty Columbia River.

Apple Dealer that didn't sell me my first Mac: He missed out as his son was too busy playing on the store demo unit so I went to the next source 3 hours away (6 hours to be exact, as it was there and bacm before I had to go to my first afternoon shift up the hil (Comico: = Cominco Mining and Smelting where I used to work with approx 3,000 other men and women) back in 1984)

Local Apple Dealers name: Tim Messenger. Strange coincidence or synchronicity?
Cranbrook Apple Dealers name: MacKay brothers. Strange coincidence or synchronicity?
Vancouver 1st Apple Dealers in Canada name: McKay brothers and no relation to the Cranbrook brothers). Strange coincidence or synchronicity?

What a journey, adventure and a ride beyond my wildest dreams or was it wild enough? There is always the NOW, is the 3rd time around is the best 4 me, and that's been in process all along as it is my destiny of the Now, cause the only thing I have any control over to make my life better is to focus on the Now. but it doesn't hurt to reflect sometimes as long as it is within a balance. And this time I found som,eone I want to share my life with and she is SO SO beautiful a person inside and out and through and through. Lo Lo is what I nick name her.

Take care Skeet as U are a good good man. And I am so Honored to have met you on this message board. We'll have to talk on the blower soon. So please email me and I'll give you a number to call me collect on my dime.

CU gotta go and get ready for Lo Lo and dinner.

Movie 4 U to consider renting Skeet if U watch movies:

Being There: Peter Sellers. Funny Man different movie than what most people would think of him doing. But it was his life's dream to do such a movie and he did. Just a movie to consider 4 ya. That's all...

CU later alligator.

RandyMac/SO:bounce:

[Edited on 4-25-2005 by RandyMacSC/SO]

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.