Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: the road beckons...
eetdrt88
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-25-2005 at 08:49 PM
the road beckons...

people always talk about flying to exotic destinations,how about driving to obscure and remote fishing villages where the locals have a placid stony smile and modern technology amounts to 2stroke motors and ham radios...for some reason a big part part of the trip is always that gosh darnn highway and the way it makes you feel when you finally make it to your destination,almost like some kind of accomplishment that youre still alive,but i gotta admit its a major addiction....healthy or unhealthy I dont know but i'm still here to talk about it,so basically i'm just waiting in anxious anticipation to get back down to that crazy highway
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-25-2005 at 10:24 PM

I can relate to that. I know what you're talking about. I have the same feelings about the highway and this picture brings out the feelings in me. Thanks for sharing.
Mike Humfreville
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-25-2005 at 10:40 PM
Offering up a part of yourself

by taking the risk of that road puts you into an environment that states you are willing to belong to those worthy folks who help all in need. There is no better place to be in life than the place where no one passes you by without making sure you are secure.
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-25-2005 at 11:33 PM
I love it too,but don't forget....

about your alternate route(s) south..... much safer but fewer Pemex stations:lol:and more undisturbed places:o

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

tongue.gif posted on 4-26-2005 at 12:12 AM
Dirt Eater...

Unlike the "REAL" Baja guys, I probably have less than 40k miles on, and off, the Carretera. But I think I understand your point. I tell folks who haven't done the drive, that I can safely bet they'll have a sense of accomplishment when they return. Like a lot of others, I'll bet, I never set out for that drive with a sense of uncertainty. I tell myself that my old vehicle could easily go that same 3500 miles running around my stomping grounds and never have a problem, but it really is different en el otro lado. I LOVE IT!

"You can't call it an adventure if there's no uncertainty"

"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room"

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-26-2005 at 01:02 AM

yo comprendo, mucho gusto!

The only thing I don't understand are the constant truck wrecks. I can see tourists(and I have)leaving the road unintentionally because of their unfamiliarity and carelessness but .....the truckers?????

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 4-26-2005 at 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharksbaja

The only thing I don't understand are the constant truck wrecks. I can see tourists(and I have)leaving the road unintentionally because of their unfamiliarity and carelessness but .....the truckers?????

There are a lot of reasons that the truckers have more accidents but the main reason is they go to sleep while driving.

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-26-2005 at 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bruce R Leech
Quote:
Originally posted by Sharksbaja

There are a lot of reasons that the truckers have more accidents but the main reason is they go to sleep while driving.

Is that bacause there is no regulations on driving hours for truckers?

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
Tucker
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-26-2005 at 12:35 PM

An observant person in El Centenario can see some truck drivers carrying cerveza from the beer store to their northbound trucks. I'm not saying it's prevalent but it does happen on a regular basis.

\"I think it would be a good idea.\"
-- Mahatma Gandhi, when asked what he thought of Western civilization
DanO
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-26-2005 at 03:44 PM
Hey Dad, watch this!

Pedal-powered go-kart -- $42
Full BMX helmet -- $35
Long, dusty downhill with cow pie at the bottom to run over, and over, and over -- priceless.
DanO
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-26-2005 at 03:45 PM

Damn, my pic didn't attach -- tried to attach from my PC using browse. Is there a trick to this?
DanO
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-26-2005 at 03:49 PM
Hey Dad, watch this!

Here we go, I hope:

Pedal-powered go-kart -- $42
Full BMX helmet -- $35
Long, dusty downhill with cow pie at the bottom to run over, and over, and over -- priceless.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.