Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: San Fransquito Info Please
eetdrt88
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-28-2005 at 10:21 AM
now i know...

where i have to go in baja next...thanx for the photos guys,hey is the road to san fransquito tougher than gonzaga bay to san felipe???also i've heard the water there is much cooler than the rest of the sea,is that true??
Ken Bondy
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Mellow

[*] posted on 4-28-2005 at 11:01 AM

eetdrt88 the road to PFQ through El Arco is IMHO about the same as Gonzaga to San Felipe. It's more washboard, less potholes, but both roads are ok. That might be true about the water temps, they tend to be kinda chilly until late June or July, then they warm up nicely and stay civilized through November.

++Ken++
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 4-28-2005 at 12:00 PM
good pics Ken!

Now EVERYONE will want to go there!:lol::lol:

but, yeah....it's a magical place, nite time the stars and sounds off into the desert are eerily wondrous. a full moon on that beach with Venus is a visual feast for the eyes. Genaro does have a lot of moxie to resist developing that area, and he has told me of some serious $$ he turned down! Imagine what his Dad and uncle went thru to get the equipment and supplies down there to PAVE the original strip!!?? And just so they ncould build a private playground for their families initially.:bounce:

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Ken Bondy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-28-2005 at 12:56 PM

Mike it is really an amazing place, isn't it? Sorry about the photos, I should have thought of that:lol:. I have solved many weighty problems of our times lying on that beach at night almost blinded by the stationary stars and dodging the shooting ones. But I always forgot the solutions (and the problems) in the morning! Damn. Were you there when Leonard and Rudy were building the houses? My first trip was in 1978, Leonard's house (south end) was just getting completed. In fact he invited us to the house one night to check out his TV right after the dish was installed. We watched Rudy's house getting built. The turqouse fireplace was (is) awesome. After they "paved" the long strip I landed on it a few times but mostly I used the short strip. Were you there when that Lodestar replaced an engine? That was pretty amazing. Interesting idea about the ashes, gotta think about that one. Hope your shoulder is healing well and you get back into that left seat.
++Ken++
eetdrt88
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-28-2005 at 01:28 PM
to be honest...

i'm probably not the one to worry about,as far as exposing secret spots to....i'm quite happy returning to the few off-the-beaten-path places that i visit every so often...i happen to really like alfonsinas and have met some great people down there,but i can also see why others might see the area as spoiled,compared to what it once was.......over the years i hope to see as many of the great jewels of Baja as possible,San Fransquito is definitely high on the list:bounce:
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

lol.gif posted on 4-28-2005 at 01:46 PM
I would hurry

ifn I wuz you !!:no:
Hey you guys, I have posted bunches of pictures on here of some pretty incredible places. And the good part was, nobody knew where they were taken.
And without my posting locations, they are still pretty natural. Unfortunately, just because of numbers of people moving to Baja, there will be very few places that continue to retain their natural, 200 year old lifestyles and there is no stopping it.
But, it may still be wise to not share all locations on the internet just in the hopes of prolonging the uniqueness of these rapidly disappearing areas.:light:
John M
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-28-2005 at 02:05 PM
Driving time Bay of Los Angeles to San Francisquito?

Mileage, or driving time estimates? For a slow movin' raggedy old jeep. Thanks, John
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 4-28-2005 at 04:14 PM

It's a pretty good road John... and a visit with Pancho at San Rafael is worth it, half way there... Allow 3 hours driving time for the nearly 90 mile trip.

This is the road south of Las Flores & Camp Gecko, looking northward, last summer.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-28-2005 at 05:03 PM

Ken,
This one is for you. This is Charlie resting at his favorite cabana in some un-named place we all know and love. Sorry about your Rosie. Charlie is getting up there now and has to be pampered on his baja treks as of late. He's a tough baja bully!

\"Well behaved women rarely make history.\" Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 4-28-2005 at 06:06 PM

About where Sharksbaja put an arrow in the top photo is where I camped at San Francisquito... It was incredible... white sand, whales singing at night, mantas jumping... This was back over 20 years ago. That's my 4WD Subaru, screen-house, umbrella...

[Edited on 4-29-2005 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Ken Bondy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-28-2005 at 06:33 PM

paulina

Thanks. Charlie is adorable. Sorry I called him a her. Don't tell him. Seeing him brought a tear to my eye thinking about Rosie. Regards,

++Ken++

[Edited on 4-29-2005 by Ken Bondy]
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

lol.gif posted on 4-29-2005 at 07:05 AM
that dog reminds me of Ron White's dog

Sluggo!

Great pics of both ends of the beach. I have shlepped a dive tank and gear from the cantina to both ends to shore dive and shoot Sheeps head fish. That's a suck way to go, walking in that sand with a load. but no car...so.....

i have watched nite divers with an inflateable bring in a load of bugs, big ones, off those rocks!:coolup:

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.