Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Origins of man/and woman in Baja
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

lol.gif posted on 4-28-2005 at 09:30 PM
Origins of man/and woman in Baja

When someone figgers out the dates and details in their extensive surveys into the past, let me know if they came in bamboo boats:lol:
PacO
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-28-2005 at 10:08 PM

They might have come in bamboo boats but I'm figuring the beaches were more fun.

Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 4-29-2005 at 06:34 PM
JR

Now you have added something entirely different to the mix.
I fear it is something that will haunt us for life and change the course of history. Women!

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
bajalera
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-30-2005 at 09:45 AM

JR & Bernie--How about a bamboo junk?

\"Very few things happen at the right time, and the rest never happen at all. The conscientious historian will correct these defects.\" - Mark Twain
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 4-30-2005 at 09:55 AM
Lera

The Chinese made their junk out of teak. They did use bamboo in the pens for their animals. Wonder if JR is harvesting real 'Chinese' bamboo.

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-30-2005 at 11:57 AM
I make my junk

Out of Bamboo! But fortunately, I do a pretty good job of it according to the art show. :bounce: :lol:

The thing about bamboo is, you can do almost anything with it. Including boats, planes and trains. And with the cutting tools available these days, there is very little waste and more useable product. As in making square material out of round stock for lumber/ boatbuilding. And of course, there are rafts using whole stocks.

I will look into this matter further but according to some of the historians on here as well as Nova last night, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if those ancient skulls they are finding, whether from Europe, Asia or Pico Rivera, arrived here in bamboo boats. We shall see. Some day!
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-30-2005 at 12:05 PM
Here, check this out

and sea what I mean.
http://www.friend.ly.net/~dadadata/n_the/bamboo_boat.html Baja skull is probably distant cousin of original builders of these boats!:light:

And, http://www.vietnamboats.org/bambooboats.htm

And of course, the bike. http://www.americanbamboo.org/GeneralInfoPages/BambooBicycle...
But this site also has info on the first planes being made of bamboo, etc.

[Edited on 4/30/2005 by jrbaja]

[Edited on 4/30/2005 by jrbaja]

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.