Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Loreto Quiet
LaTijereta
Super Nomad

sad.gif posted on 5-2-2005 at 04:45 PM
Loreto Quiet

Little to report from Loreto this week, as weather gets warmer. Yellowtail are no where to be seen due to warmer water temps. Your best coming down is for Cabria, and the bite is on!
Dorado have made a showing, but are out 40 + miles, and they have not shown any size.
The weather though has turned perfect, so life is not all bad:biggrin:
flyfishinPam
Super Nomad

Mood: gone fishin'

[*] posted on 5-4-2005 at 11:34 PM
Quiet you say?

In my report I said right now its in the crapper! Sure hope it picks up
LaTijereta
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-5-2005 at 06:48 AM
Good Day

Holla Pam..
We did have a "up" day on Wednesday when we got into some yellowtail just off the airport (close..only 2.1miles from the marina). Two nice fish @ 35 and 30 lbs on the bottom with live "big eyes"
:bounce::bounce::bounce:
flyfishinPam
Super Nomad

Mood: gone fishin'

[*] posted on 5-7-2005 at 09:44 AM
That sounds loke a good day to me!

Keep 'em coming :yes:
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 5-7-2005 at 11:53 AM
Loreto quiet, but Mulege is speaking up...!

Things are coming along offshore Mulege with some dorado and a very few yellowfin...(I know, Pam, it's too bad the tuna are here this early...but then there's only been 3 caught that I've heard of so far.)

There have been spotty dorado catches 14-16 miles NNE (22 degrees) from Mulege river mouth and also 14 miles ENE (75 degrees). I know of two 20-25 lbers, 1 35 lber, and Thursday a 39 lber caught by new Oasis resident, Brian ?. I fished offshore of the mine by Pt. Conception and caught a couple of smaller dorado. A friend went north and caught 2 in the twenty pound range. A yellowfin tuna was caught Thursday a few miles out and south of the mine.

Guess we have the jump on Loreto this year with the dorado and tuna. Hope it picks up for you REEL fast...as I am sure it will. Tight lines.

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

cool.gif posted on 5-8-2005 at 07:38 AM
hey pompano -

you going out this weekend? Do you know Marlin L.?

hope to run into you sometime. maybe i'll find time to drive south to coyote. love your pictures and history of early baja.

i get in again fri 13th for 3 nights, Sams trip. only i am not doing the clinic part this one due to my bad "wing"!:no:

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 5-8-2005 at 06:11 PM

Capt. Mike, just read this and it's already late Sunday, but to answer your questions....Yes, I went fishing all days Friday-Sunday. And I 'probably' know Marlin....if he has been here more than 10 years, I imagine our paths have crossed. I am notoriously bad on remembering names...faces I am good at. Have a good trip this coming Friday. Maybe my wife and I will stop by Don's Pig Roast for old time's sake..and test the grande margaritas again.

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
Phil S
Super Nomad

Mood: After 34 years. Still in love w/ my wife

[*] posted on 5-8-2005 at 07:25 PM

Pompano. In case Mike has gone to bed by now, Marlin flies in from Roseburg Oregon. Walks to his house, which is the second house upstream from the Serenidad Hotel. (first house is the B&B) Third house is John & Donna Atkinson also from Roseburg, Oregon. Sometimes, Marlin brings in an Architect from Roseburg named Richard with him. Sometimes brings in a friend named Ron Preston. Big guy. Can't miss the two together. Hope this helps your memory.
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 5-9-2005 at 05:42 AM
hi Phil - yes that's Marlin, quite a guy.

I helped him out with a problem with his C 340, he was stuck for days in SF while we were there for the 250 in March. It's a great story full of baja irony - i'll have to write it up one day but keep the cast of characters anonymous. It amounts to one of those "murphy's law" things where if it CAN go wrong it will....and in the end everything works out but at the expense of a lot of $$$$$$$$s!!

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
pangamadness
Nomad

Mood: Under H20

[*] posted on 5-9-2005 at 08:22 AM
Any sign of yellows?

Heading for Loreto Thur any sign of Yellows deep or shallow? Seems the yellows are not even around in the deep water.
pangamadness
Nomad

Mood: Under H20

[*] posted on 5-9-2005 at 10:54 PM

I am comming for the yellowtail not yellow fin. 1st week of April was slow. Just like Pam said said Cabrilla mostly. Seems like the yellowtail went north. I saw a load of yellowtail comming out of San Lucas Cove 1st week of April with some comercial fisherman. Gill nets deeeeep I am told. I will be at Ildefonso and pulpito. Every year is a little different. I have killed the yellows deep off Punta Lobo in July and then gone for the Dodos. Seems like most of the fisherman can not even get the yellows deep in Loreto. This year is way different than others? I will give a report when I return.

Hay, If I pay you a dime will you give me a dozen sunrises in conception bay. Cuz I can't get enough at any price.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.