Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Getting bored with the Baja
wornout
Senior Nomad

Mood: No Bad Days

[*] posted on 5-3-2005 at 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rogerj1
The dilemma I run into is putting down roots in one part of Mexico.

Do I go to Baja with the easy connection to California and the combination of desert and ocean that's unbeatable?

Do I go to the Pacific Coast and enjoy cities like Guaymas, Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta, and so on, to get access to other parts of the mainland and have a more tropical setting with water not being a problem?

Do I go to the Bajio and live in a colonial setting with spring like weather year around?

Do I go to the Yucatan and live on a fresh water lake fed by cenotes that's 10 minutes from some of the most beautiful white sand beaches in all of Mexico?

I guess I need to do a lot more traveling.;D

The RV Industry will love you.

This Space Available, E-Mail Me If Interested.
eetdrt88
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-3-2005 at 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pompano
I don't know about the rest of you, but it's getting damn HOT down here in Conception Bay....and high time I went over to Ray's for a cold one..then into town to Jungle Jim's for another cold one and some fish talk...and by golly, just maybe I'll have still another COLD ONE at the Pelican Reef with my steak. Alcoholic?..Hell no, but I drink and I'm usually real thirsty! Bored?....wouldn't know the feeling. Don't even own a rocker and have an unused hammock that is 25 years old.

Who wants a bar report? Come on, loosen up. It's spring/summer. Time to get out there and conquer the day.

Like Emerson said, 'All that Adam had, all that Caesar could, you have and can do....Build , therefore, your own world.'
.......pretty much hit the nail on the head there,pompano:smug::smug:
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 5-3-2005 at 05:46 PM

explorers, drinkers... who gives a chit what your perspective is of each other.... or anything else for that matter. Enjoy... do your own thing... live and let live.
Mike Supino
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-3-2005 at 05:55 PM

There is a difference between wanting a beer and needing a beer!

The difference between us drunks and alcoholics is that they have to go to meetings!

AA is for quiters!

[Edited on 5-4-2005 by Mike Supino]
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-3-2005 at 06:29 PM

I don't think so....bored.....nunca!

rogerj1
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-3-2005 at 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Arthur
A great dilemma, and a fine solution. Where's the Bajio, though?

Bajio is the heartland of Mexico. The cities are at higher altitude. Cities like Guadalajara, San Miguel de Allende, Morelia, and Querataro. They also have a lot of older buildings that have been saved or are being restored. Culturally rich.
Gypsy Jan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Depends on which way the wind is blowing

[*] posted on 5-3-2005 at 09:53 PM
To steal a mantra from

"The People's Guide to Mexico"

"Wherever you go, there you are."

Baja is not the root cause of alcoholism, boredom or random bad acts, including murder; the people who commit these actions are.

Baja offers what is not available in intense urban areas...limitless horizons and a chance to get out of the noise.

The problem for many urbanized individuals is that, after they get out of the noise, they come up completely empty.

Skeet says go to God, I say get involved, God included, but find out and get involved in whatever community you land in.

All villages, wherever in the world, have lifelines, stories and endless opportunities for creative involvement. People are people, regardless, you just need to make the effort to find out about them.

OK, my two cent rant is over. How about a smile. :tumble:

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow mindedness.”
—Mark Twain

\"La vida es dura, el corazon es puro, y cantamos hasta la madrugada.” (Life is hard, the heart is pure and we sing until dawn.)
—Kirsty MacColl, Mambo de la Luna

\"Alea iacta est.\"
—Julius Caesar
rogerj1
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-11-2005 at 11:12 PM
Where to buy?

I haven't had much success finding the kind of real estate deal I'm interested in on the Baja peninsula. I recently found out that the company that did Villa la Estancia in Cabo is doing a new project north of Puerto Vallarta. It's very tempting. You'd have to be OK with having tropical instead of desert though. At least you wouldn't have to worry about the water in Vallarta.

Also of interest, I came across a huge development that's being done on the Sea of Cortez coast in the state of Sonora called Liberty Cove. There's a ground floor investment opportunities there as well.
http://www.libertycovemexico.com/

How ironic that this post finally makes me a Nomad. I don't feel worthy of the title.

[Edited on 7-12-2005 by rogerj1]
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.