BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: HOLA NOMADS
guero_con_taco

[*] posted on 5-5-2005 at 12:19 PM
HOLA NOMADS

Just wanted to say hello to everybody. I am new here and not very seasoned in baja except for the northern surf spots. Just got a white 4x4 taco and plan on many trips. So yeah thats it. Oh and I live in Cardiff by the Sea.
Here is a pic from my truck's devirginization on pemex.
:coolup:
guero_con_taco

[*] posted on 5-5-2005 at 12:21 PM

hmmmm, picture no worky. 2nd try.
Neal Johns
Super Nomad

Mood: In love!

[*] posted on 5-5-2005 at 03:34 PM

Way to go! Marian (my current wife) has a blue Taco and I have a white one. Who needs anything else?

Be sure and tell us about your Baja trips.:bounce:

My motto:
Never let a Dragon pass by without pulling its tail!
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 5-5-2005 at 03:35 PM

welcome guero_con_taco I like that ford truck

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-5-2005 at 05:19 PM

Welcome to Baja Nomad!

Yes, in Baja... Tacos rule!

I thank Neal Johns for stearing me towards Toyota... and the many other Nomads who drive Tacomas too.
See http://www.bajataco.com for example... Chris is a Taco man in Arizona... 'bajataco' here on Nomad.

My 2001 gold Tacoma now has over 126,000 miles on it (4.5 years old)... many very tough Baja miles too... In all those miles, I only had two parts require replacing (other than normal items like brakes): an O2 sensor and the water pump. The water pump didn't fail and stop me anywhere, but when I replaced the timing belt at 90,000 miles they saw some water leaking from it.

Here's my baby in the bottomless sand of Shell Island, south of San Felipe...

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

yankeeirishman
Banned

[*] posted on 5-5-2005 at 05:55 PM
Welcome to the forum

You'll find all here a decent gang to talk to. Good info comes out of here. Surfer hun? Try the waves at my second home to be, San Felipe. Pictured below. Surfs up!:lol:

[Edited on 5-6-2005 by yankeeirishman]

What control freaks there are here. Don\'t believe that post you just read!
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 5-5-2005 at 06:00 PM

Very funny Yankee! IF you see a wave like that at San Felipe, head straight for Diablo Mountain... because that would be a tsunami!!!:lol:

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

guero_con_taco

[*] posted on 5-5-2005 at 07:05 PM

yeah, I know enough about waves to know thats not san felipe.:lol:
4baja
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-5-2005 at 07:13 PM

have the same truck, same color. you will have no worrys driveing this truck in the baja!:coolup:
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 5-5-2005 at 08:29 PM

Hey Steve... did I pass you in miles or we about even? (4baja's Tacoma is the same year as mine)

Frigatebird
Nomad

Mood: Soaring

[*] posted on 5-5-2005 at 09:22 PM
Good to have you here GCT.

You will find your Taco as reliable as good times south of the border. This one turns 22 this month, same motor.

Many on this forum are eager to share their love and knowledge of this great place. Nice to have another amigo.

[Edited on 5-6-2005 by Frigatebird]

Avatar courtesy of Herb :tumble:
The squarecircle
Nomad

Mood: 'Baja Feeling'

[*] posted on 5-6-2005 at 01:06 AM

Greetings,>>>> MY Ol 1983 SR 5 Toyota with 310,000 plus miles on the clock was the best truck I've ever owned. Dam thing was unstopable! Went anywhere with lockers front & rear, 5 spd., A/C, full gauges, winch and buckets. Never did get into the mill. Not even a valve job. They don't make them like that any more. Now driving a 4 runner. Its o.k. 230,000 miles and trying hard to keep it alive. >>>>Best Regards,>>>> sq.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 5-7-2005 at 10:24 AM

Viva Travelpearl (aka Debra) and her 4Runner del infierno!

Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-7-2005 at 10:24 AM

Happy to report the "4Runner from Hell" is back on the road....and coming to a beach near you! Soooooon! (or sorry, as the case may be, :lol)

Good grief I have so much trouble with it, but, everything has been rebuilt, and I now have a brand new truck......and I still have my "Camp Gecko" decals (lost art, even Sylvia....Doc's wife asked me where I got them) and the FIRST, ....NUMERO UNO "Got Baja" sticker....not to mention a few others....like my ""Amigo's de Baja"......

Let's again talk about "Baja Fever", how sick is it to spend $6000 (not to mention the purchace price) to save your "Baja Colors".......

Oh, man......I need to go to that "12 step" program........Oh Yeah, I forgot.....I'm supposed to orginize it.....Whoops! I'd rather feed my addiction.
Arthur
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-7-2005 at 02:37 PM

Do you have a six-cylinder Taco, David? I called about getting the timing belt in my 4-cyl Prerunner replaced, and they said it has a timing chain. Now, that's doing it right!
bajalera
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-7-2005 at 10:34 PM

I used to live in Escondido but always wanted to live in Cardiff-by-the-Sea [that's such a great name].

Welcome aboard!

Lera

\"Very few things happen at the right time, and the rest never happen at all. The conscientious historian will correct these defects.\" - Mark Twain

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.