Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Fonatur in Bahia de Concepcion
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 5-5-2005 at 07:30 PM
Fonatur in Bahia de Concepcion

The Gringo Gazette reports that Fonatur is buying 2500 acres in Bahia de Concepcion south of Mulege in Baja Sur. The land is supposedly being targeted as the next wave of beach development with a large facility proposed for Santispac Beach. Santispac is currently a favorite beach of many RVers, palapa owners, boat rentals, two restaurants, and a well-used boat anchorage. Power, water, sewer questions are evident in any such endeavor and will be addressed.

Other areas throughout lovely Conception Bay reported to be under the developer's eye include Punta Arena, Santispac Beach, Escondido Beach, Santa Barbara Cove, Coyote Bay, Burros Beach, and some remote beaches further south within the Bay's confines.
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 5-5-2005 at 08:06 PM

Just an idea for your next book Pompano

How about "The Outback of Baja"

Lero
roundtuit
Senior Nomad

Mood: Wife's Job

[*] posted on 5-5-2005 at 08:09 PM
Heaven to he**

Gringo Gazette Page 9 Left hand side:no::no::no::no:
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 5-5-2005 at 08:26 PM

Just glanced at the Gringo Gazzett. States 60 million has already been invested in infrastructure "in nearby Punta Chivato"?? . I wonder if Las Flores is connected to fonatur somehow.?

Pompano . I wish I could say its funny but that would not be the truth.

Maybe the only hope is the theory of the Kondratieff winter comes to fruition soon enough to put the kibosh on this bs.
Bajalero
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-5-2005 at 08:29 PM

Sorry , posted anon. Lero
Bajalero
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-6-2005 at 07:25 AM
When the big money comes

Thats when the "residents" at santispac will find out who the real owners are. Thats the hard fact about Mexican real estate and business in general . You gots to be able to pay to play.

Re: Chivato, The input of 60m $ is certainly not evident. The GG is hopefully mis informed. There is however a constant underlying battle for control out there and several lawsuits are in the works. Add to the power struggle the corruption that is rumored to be going on between certain ejido members and one major land owner and you've got the usual bs.

By the way Pompano, I ran into Bill A. about 10 years ago in a San Diego coffee house and haven't seen or heard much about him since. Do you know how he is? Al ways liked the man . He busted his arse to make a good go of the hotel and made a lot of good times for us over the years past. The way I understand it , when money showed up in Chivato, the locals threatened to drag him out of there one way or the other.
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 5-9-2005 at 12:34 PM
Gawd, I miss that place.

Will never forget the delicious margaritas on the bar patio. Sadly, my last Hotel Punta Chivato t-shirt finally disintegrated, much like the hotel experience.
MIKEMCCARTY

[*] posted on 5-9-2005 at 02:16 PM

SURF AT PUNTA CHIVATO,

Back in the late 80's,a big hurricane down south pushed a nice swell up into the sea of cortez, punta chivato was 2-3 foot left perfection in front of the hotel patio.I didnt have my board, so we watched it from the hotel and drank pacificos. Its been six years since i was last down there, i miss it too!
Santiago
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-9-2005 at 04:11 PM
RE: Punta Chivato

Those of you that want to read more about this topic should get Lew Federico's book "One Hell of a Ride".
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 5-10-2005 at 09:17 AM

Has anyone heard or read anything more on the proposed Fonatur facility at Santispac Beach in Conception Bay south of Mulege? Will it happen soon? What would that mean to RV camping there? We just bought an RV and would like to return there.
Bajalero
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-11-2005 at 12:25 PM

Thanx for the old fotos Pompano

I think its been close to 15 years since I was in the big house at PC and at the time it was in a serious state of disrepair. Was offered to me then for what seems a song now as I'm pretty sure its been renovated . Would have liked to own it.

I "stumbled" upon PC in the early seventies after the delirium of July heat and beer and too many clams drove me out of Requeson. Pulled into the beach camp next to the light house in PC at about 1:30 am after many hours of wandering around San Marcos tierra . What a find at the time , no one there more or less.

Is that your casa I see listed FS? , gotta be a tough decision.
Looks like a nice place.

[Edited on 5-11-2005 by Bajalero]

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.