Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-12-2005 at 01:28 PM

Thomas Jefferson?

Don\'t get mad...
Get EVEN.
Cincodemayo
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-12-2005 at 01:33 PM

Pompano...Just like I said in another thread where is Charles Bronson when you need him? Unfortunately he's with all the vigilantes up yonder..:wow: I know what you mean about the criminals having more rights than the victims but hence my slogan below.

Don\'t get mad...
Get EVEN.
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 5-12-2005 at 02:08 PM
By the way, the crime rate in Britian is......

rapidly escalating "out of control" according to most reputable sources. Britian takes a much more "social" and "kinder' attitude towards their criminals, and they only have about 75,000 current inmates in their slammers.

Our prison population is about 2.1 million, and climbing----but with obvious results-----less crime. Even tho 2.1 million is a sobering statistic, IT SEEMS TO BE WORKING, and therefore is seemingly worth the expense. Personally, I think it is worth it-----do the crime/do the time !!!!

Also, it is interesting to note that about 25% of our inmates are illegal aliens convicted of serious crimes. Something else to think about. Very few come from Baja, tho. (-:

Most of this info comes from Pg 216 and 217 of the latest FORBES Magazine, if your curious.

(I just could not stay in that wooden beam----I will try harder not to crawl out)
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 5-12-2005 at 05:52 PM
Pomp

"Whoever has his foe at his mercy and does not kill him, is his own enemy." by Bernie Swaim Senior--my Okie father---

he changed it a little to better fit in a modern society such as ours--"If you are gonna fight with someone beat him so damn bad that he never thinks of fighting you again."--It shore do work. I am sure that Skeet would agree but he might add--'take him into your house and make him welcome.'

Risk is a part of life but it does not have anything to do with riding a surf board or roaring off into the desert. It has to do with living life to the fullest that you are able and learning from it.

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

lol.gif posted on 5-13-2005 at 10:17 AM
Thanks Cinco

for the self portrait. Didnt know you were an artist. Does everyone in Loreto Bay look like that? Because it does remind me of Santa Margarita where they as well all look the same. Pathetic lot I might add!:lol:
Baja Bernie

[*] posted on 5-13-2005 at 02:52 PM
Barry

Quote by Barry--"I just checked how many "hits" this thread has, and it was at 975----more than any other "thread" on page 1 of the NOMADS board. That tells me something about interest in "safety" by all the lemmings (JR's term, not mine) out there in cyberspace."

Bernie's reply---

Just for the fun of it I checked the last 5 pages on this board and found that "Tires again" had 1447 hit and "My new Restaurant had 1243 hits so what does that tell us.

Let's spread the tea leaves out and see---

well I guess those macho guys who roar off into the desert are very concerned about the safety of their tires (smart).

On the other one I think it just means that a bunch of us like a Mexican guy by the name of Jessie whom a lot of us have not even met.

It is sad, but I think we would have far more posters with some very interesting things to say if they felt 'safe' in exposing themselves when posting here.

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

lol.gif posted on 5-13-2005 at 03:01 PM
Waa wa wa

They must be gringos then!:lol::lol::lol:
Baja Bernie

[*] posted on 5-13-2005 at 03:52 PM
JR

I love you but please note that I said they might have something interesting to say and Wa Waaa ain't what I was taking about.

Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-13-2005 at 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Baja Bernie
It is sad, but I think we would have far more posters with some very interesting things to say if they felt 'safe' in exposing themselves when posting here.

And just what might they be afraid of?

<said the spider to the fly>:biggrin:

PacO
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-13-2005 at 07:34 PM

Afraid? Surely you jest. Tired of ashholes and thier predjudiced, ignorant comments? No doubt. On the ol'giveafookometer I would rate "exposing" myself at about 0.

Baja Bernie

[*] posted on 5-13-2005 at 08:03 PM
Paco

Look at your signature==I'm sure you know what it is.

PacO
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-13-2005 at 09:01 PM

Bernie,
you're right. There's something a bit more important. Hopefully you're not being sensative. Everything I commented on in this post is all inclusive.

[Edited on 5-14-2005 by PacO]

Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.