BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Pompano Fish Report...Lots of billfish, dorado are picking up, and a few tuna.....so far.
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 5-7-2005 at 12:17 PM
Pompano Fish Report...Lots of billfish, dorado are picking up, and a few tuna.....so far.

Every day we go out now, we are seeing many billfish...sail and marlin. There have been quite a few caught and released. Some I got pictures of a week ago. Two days ago I almost ran over 2 sails that were lollygagging around on the surface....Hard to port!. Grab the coffee! Lab overboard!

Our expert Mulege fishermen are hooking more dorado every day out there. Some offshore of Sta. Inez Islands towards Tortuga about 15 miles NNE (22 degrees) from Mulege lighthouse. The water over there is a warm 76 degrees.

Also many nice ones..including a 39 lber on windy Thursday about 14 miles ENE of Mulege and offshore of the mine area. Water there was 74 degrees.

I have heard of 3 yellowfin tuna caught recently in our waters...but not big. Footballs of 15 - 20 lbs. Sushi!! Pass the masabi!

There is not any grass out yet ... not a patty in sight. Lots of flying fish though. Look for the single or double frigates diving on the big bulls trashing the bait.

San Carlos seems to have the early tuna bite with 40-60 lbers reported by sailboaters coming across the Cortez. We know the yachties didn't catch them because they go too darn slow! But they were eye-witnesses, they said....Although we threatened them with..'gasp'..expulsion from the Pelican Bar & Grill if they were lying!!

FISH ON!!

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
eetdrt88
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-7-2005 at 01:08 PM
im all giddy...

after reading that bit of info....may the lord of the sea's bless you lucky souls with a big fat tuna:O:O

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.