BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: A meeting with 'BajaCactus' (Antonio)... News on the July Festival
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

biggrin.gif posted on 5-14-2005 at 08:02 AM
A meeting with 'BajaCactus' (Antonio)... News on the July Festival

Yesterday afternoon-evening Antonio, Lorenia, and 'Little Lorenia' where in San Diego/Chula Vista... baby checkup, shopping for special telephones for El Rosario Pemex and motel personal, and some time with Elizabeth and I.

The baby is doing great... big smiles... Mom, too.

Antonio has been real busy... driving to El Rosario twice a week to attend to business (Baja Cactus Motel and Pemex) and working on the BIG FIESTA!!!

The BAJA-ROSARIO CULTURAL FESTIVAL JULY 22-24 is celebrating the founding of El Rosario in July 1774 and will be the first such fiesta the town has ever had marking that date.

There will be an expo to show the area's industry (sea food, agriculture, etc.), food fairs for our culinary pleasure presnted by the many restaurants in town, historic tours of both mission sites in Rosario (Arriba y Abajo), story telling by the old timers in town (around a bond fire at the beach), a beauty pagent, beach camping facilities, possible driving tours to: a near by cardonal (cactus forest), dinosaur bone discovery site, Las Pintas petroglyph & fossil grotto, a sea lion hidden cove, etc.

As details are many, and it is still over 2 months away, stay tuned to Baja Nomad! There are approx. 60 rooms between the three motels in Rosario, camping on La Bocana beach (about 3-4 miles away) will have porta-potties, volly ball nets, and security for when you are in town or on tour.

MARK YOUR CALENDARS JULY 22,23,24 (FRI. SAT. SUN.) Events will begin Friday afternoon at 2pm. and run until Sunday PM.... Those who experienced the first Baja Cultural event know how great that was: http://vivabaja.com/fiesta and that was all done by Antonio's family... This time, the entire town of El Rosario is involved...!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Neal Johns
Super Nomad

Mood: In love!

[*] posted on 5-14-2005 at 08:08 AM

Sounds good to me!
:bounce::bounce::spingrin::spingrin::yes::yes:

My motto:
Never let a Dragon pass by without pulling its tail!
surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-14-2005 at 03:58 PM

I heard they will be disclosing the location of some "secret" surf spots in the area also....:o
Neal Johns
Super Nomad

Mood: In love!

[*] posted on 5-14-2005 at 07:27 PM

Who cares? Aridologists don't like water! Or baths. :)

My motto:
Never let a Dragon pass by without pulling its tail!
yankeeirishman
Banned

[*] posted on 5-15-2005 at 06:57 AM
This Antonio?

DavidK....is this the same Antonio as in Gonzada Bay?

What control freaks there are here. Don\'t believe that post you just read!
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2005 at 07:01 AM

No! This is Antonio Mu?oz who own's the Pemex and motel in El Rosario... See http://vivabaja.com/bajacactus

Photo taken at La Bocana beach, where there will be camping for non-motel event guests.

[Edited on 5-17-2005 by David K]

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2005 at 09:38 AM

Audrey and I are looking forward to this. Who else is going to be there?:bounce: And, who would like to try out a nice carribean cigar? Hah!:fire:

The SAME boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's about what you are made of NOT the circumstance.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2005 at 10:37 AM

Any particular Carribean island, Bob? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Are there any good non-communist cigars?:light::lol::?:

Remember this evening (good times with cigars)?:

David K and cigar smoking Pat (Mrs. Mexray), having a good laugh at the Nuevo Mazatlan campfire, President's Day 2004 (Matomi Gang Reunion)

Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-16-2005 at 12:39 PM
Hey David.... and don't forget GEOROCK and her CIGAR

The SAME boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's about what you are made of NOT the circumstance.
bajaandy
Senior Nomad

Mood: Adventurous

[*] posted on 5-16-2005 at 01:06 PM

I can't wait! As soon as Antonio told us that there would be a second Cultural Fiesta and that it would be in El Rosario, I said SIGN ME UP! I think this is going to be a very enjoyable event. I look forward to meeting again the nomads who made it to the first cutural fiesta, as well as all the nomads who didn't make that one but plan to attend this one.
And surfer jim, I think there may have to be a special conclave of the Sacred Saints of the Secret Spots before any "secret spots" can be disclosed!

subvert the dominant paradigm

"If you travel with a man, you must either fall out with him or make him your good friend."
JBL Noel

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.