Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  6    8
Author: Subject: Age of constibuters to this board
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 5-26-2005 at 01:42 PM
Monia

Welcome to the board--New Port certainly has changed over the years. I remember when there were only 3 or 4 homes that were open to the occasional gringo that wandered by. It was just like sitting down with a bunch of friends and the thing that sticks out in my mind was--if you wanted another coke or beer you could just wander over and pick one up--the only thing they insisted on was that you always leave the empty bottle on the table-confusing until I saw them count the empty's to total the bill. My first time was in 1959 with another couple and we each ordered two lobsters (because we were used to only a half in the states. So do the math--Del Marline and my wife, Lu Ann--spent a long time sitting there and polishing off the wonderful and oh so large lobsters. Still go to the same house and the biggest thing that is diffferent is the kids that run it could buy and sell me all day and still have a whole lot of pesos left over.

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
Baja Bernie

[*] posted on 5-26-2005 at 03:17 PM
Baja Lady's

I just wanted you all to see my new signature. I added it to show you all just how important you all are to US GUYS!!!!

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-26-2005 at 08:04 PM
hola soy mujer

yikes who started the potty humor....yes....BJ
And thank you all very much but I am no longer constibuted, I have become constitutional
That ought to move this over to off topic muy rapido

abrazos

wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-27-2005 at 08:21 AM

oh, all right. And I recommend prunes and bran flakes for constibution. 56 - first trip with my dad for dove hunting when I was about 10. Then became hooked in the 70's with trips to Guadalupe hotsprings, KM81, Conception Bay. Travels to Baja over the past 30 years has enriched my life, and this board has been an inspiration in many ways in more recent years, as I learn from all you old farts.
Selkie
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-27-2005 at 09:14 AM

55 years(still 24 at heart)
First trip to Baja was kayaking with Paddling South in 1986. Hooked ever since.
Baja Bernie

[*] posted on 5-31-2005 at 11:05 AM
Newby's

I have just gone over this post and found that it flushed a few new lurkers from the dunes and for that we should all be glad.
Let's all say welcome to-----

Pokey---rpleger---bajasmitty---dono--rts551---zforbes--mikeodell--bigzaggin---RonieRockCod---bob Az---monia---and selkie.

Fresh thoughts and experiences are what keeps all of us coming back to Doug Means--BajaNomads-- wonderful sandbox.

zforbes
Nomad

Mood: Living the dream

[*] posted on 5-31-2005 at 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Baja Bernie
I have just gone over this post and found that it flushed a few new lurkers from the dunes and for that we should all be glad.

Lurking newbies

Hi, Bernie...thanks for graciously encouraging people like me to post. I'm someone who observes for a while before jumping in, so I appreciated the (repeated) invitations. I was surprised that such a small percent of the contributors are women (thank you, SallySouth, for counting!). Maybe like me, they are a little cautious about putting their names on public boards. My grannie used to say, "Fools names and fools faces always appear in public places." She was really talking about don't write on the toilet stalls, but it's also not bad advice for message boards. I have really enjoyed reading this board over the last six months, though, and the sometimes wicked humor is definitely one of the big attractions -- besides all the good Mexico advice and recipes. Thanks again for the invite to say hello...and are there other women out there? Zoe
Sallysouth
Super Nomad

Mood: missing Baja...

[*] posted on 5-31-2005 at 01:02 PM

Welcome Zoe!!! I tried to count the "wimmen" that responded to this post but, as you pointed out, sometimes we we should be cautious. I thought maybe one reason many would not reply is because they don't want anyone to know their real age! Just a theory.. Glad you joined in!! :biggrin:I'll be looking for your posts in the future. Saludos, Sally
Baja Bernie

[*] posted on 5-31-2005 at 04:40 PM
Age of constibuters to this board

Gals and Guys!

Just wanted you to know that making a mistake in this life is all about how you deal with said mistake. When I started this thread my fingers got all twisted up and the immediate result was that I coined a new word and numerous persons of both genders got a laugh at what was perceived to be this old guys expense.

Susrprise! Because of how I dealt with the situation I got a bunch of U-2-U's from newly met friends. I had a ball and this silly mistake caused a few newby's to stick their heads out and say hello.

AND I just got a terrific new T-Shirt--it has a Mexican Flag waving over the right breast and "I'm a constributer on Nomads! in blue lettering---Thanks Santiago.

Gotta tell you that had I designed it I would have had the flag mounted unside down to show the distress involved in the whole situation.

I promise not to get any prune juice on my new shirt.

EAT your hearts out because I believe that there are only three of these beauties in existance.

Thanks to all of you for all of the fun on this thread.

Not bad!Well over 4,000 hits in just few days.

All Baja People are Beautiful regardless of age.

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Black Trans Lives Matter

[*] posted on 5-31-2005 at 04:40 PM

36 yrs young. My parents went on dates to T.J. in the late 1950s, and we camped in campgrounds in Rosarito Beach all through the 1970s as a family. Special times...:bounce:
 Pages:  1  ..  6    8

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.