BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Need your actual road reports between Santa Rosalia grade and Puerto Escondido
jandtbaja

Mood: Up beat & Baja

sad.gif posted on 9-25-2003 at 08:07 AM
Need your actual road reports between Santa Rosalia grade and Puerto Escondido

Hello fellow Baja travelers. I have a palapa at Tripui, south of Loreto at Puerto Escondido. I am in contact with many of my neighbors who vacation at Tripui in October. Many will be towing boats down in the next couple of weeks and would be willing to bring supplies down to help our friends there. I was hoping to have this thread be a place where we could get good (actually been there) road reports between the Santa Rosalia grade and Puerto Escondido turn off. As of yesterday the report from Tripui on the roads north is that the big trucks and bus are camp out at Tripui, but some high clearance pick ups have been able to get through (to as far as Mulege I know of) Thanks for any factual reporting help.
Jerry KD6YPB
PS: If you are down there and have HF radio, please contact me on 7262 between 7:30 - 8:00 am or 5:00 to 5:30 PM California time. :(
jandtbaja

[*] posted on 9-25-2003 at 09:34 AM
road report

Massage received from Dick & Marcia Roland at Tripui "Darlenes son Dan {whose boat is half sunk} made it down late yesterday. He said there are about 30 places between here and Mulege that are washed out or a lot of mud. He said it is driveable as long as you go slowly. They are not all marked. The closer you get to Loreto the more that are marked."
Msal
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2003 at 10:38 AM
Dans boat

Hi Jerry, I heard that the Revelde Dos (i have a pic of it on my fridge!) was a total goner.Poor Dan! He had just put a bunch of bucks into it trying to get it running,etc. We were on it in it's final moments off Carmen, spent the nite and were rescued by the Fuelpusher.Sounds like a lot of loss there. Have all the boats been found or accounted for? How did TRipui fare? Sally(Juanitas Mom)
jandtbaja

[*] posted on 9-28-2003 at 08:28 AM
Pam's road report for area around Loreto

flyfishinPam

Junior Nomad

Mood:
posted on 9-27-2003 at 03:42 PM

Road conditions

Yes the road is passable again. A few detours around the washouts but the trucks and busses are running again. I spoke to a few folks that towed boats and RV's from the north and arrived today. Just drive as always with caution.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.