BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: The federales are here!
Gypsy Jan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Depends on which way the wind is blowing

[*] posted on 5-28-2005 at 06:27 PM
The federales are here!

The federal investigation team convened to apprehend the cruds that assasinated the Rosarito Chief of Police rolled into town earlier this week.

Today, I was leaving the doctor's office, backing the car up and turning it around to point out head first, when, just as I was in position to enter traffic, a brand new (paper plates) black Ford Crown Victoria sedan w/searchlight and blinking Xmas lights crossed in front of me and eased off the verge into the dirt parking area. It was followed in close formation by maybe twelve or fourteen various Ford and Chevy pickups, all newish models, all with Baja plates, the follow vehicle was an older model Suburban, maybe 80ish vintage, a big box blinking its hazard lights.

The Suburban paused long enough to let me ease out - he wanted my space to pull in behind his buddies.

As I drove very cautiously by the parked group, the head mustache exited from the lead vehicle and walked to the rear to direct his troops.

We exchanged very brief eye contact, I just made sure that he wasn't waving me over.

I feel a little bit sorry for whoever they were coming for, it was an awesome assembly, but, on the other hand, I don't feel sorry very much, it's a heinous crime and I do root for their catching the right people.

And no, I'm not thinking of moving.

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow mindedness.”
—Mark Twain

\"La vida es dura, el corazon es puro, y cantamos hasta la madrugada.” (Life is hard, the heart is pure and we sing until dawn.)
—Kirsty MacColl, Mambo de la Luna

\"Alea iacta est.\"
—Julius Caesar
surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-28-2005 at 06:34 PM

don't worry...when they "catch" the shooters they will throw a big fiesta for them.....remember...they all work for the same "boss"....:o
Oso
Ultra Nomad

Mood: wait and see

[*] posted on 5-28-2005 at 06:49 PM

Maybe. maybe not. It's always hard to tell. "Killing Pablo" is currently runing on PBS. It's worth watching.

[Edited on 5-29-2005 by Oso]

All my childhood I wanted to be older. Now I\'m older and this chitn sucks.
pokey
Nomad

Mood: sun burned

[*] posted on 5-28-2005 at 07:08 PM

This may be off subject.....but then again it may not be. I've been coming to Ensenada for about 8 years, recently moved here, and I have to say public security is better than ever. When I first was staying in Ensenada, prior to meeting my wife, la mordida was rampant and an unfortunate reality.

Recently while visiting my brother in-law I was pulled over for making an illegal u-turn. Now in my defense I have to say that the colonia that my brother in-law lives in has no paved roads, no traffic lights and very little police presence. Illegal u-turns are indeed necessary when one wants to return in the direction they were coming from. Unfortunately for me at the very moment I made the u-turn a police pickup came over the hill to see me committing this most dangerous of crimes and well.... they pulled me over. In times past getting pulled over usually meant a solicitation for money to pay the "ticket on the spot". This time I was met by a polite police officer who only asked for my license and registration and questioned me as to why I was in the neighborhood. Again this is not a colonia where tourist are usually found and the Oregon plates on my truck certainly raised the suspicion of the police officer. I gave him my license and registration and waited patiently while he radioed HQ with the information. A couple of minutes later he came back to my truck, gave me the registration and license and wished me a good night. No request for money or hassles of any sort.

Personally I feel safer than ever here in Baja, especially Ensenada. The Drug business does seem to have connections with the police but overall I feel safer than ever here in Ensenada.
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-29-2005 at 07:10 AM

If they all had Baja plates, probably were Baja Calif. state police - not federal.

:biggrin:

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-29-2005 at 12:47 PM

They wont catch anybody, they have been coming to Tijuana for years and they are worthless, they look cool in their uniforms, but they suck at actually achieving any results.

I think they are a waste of taxpayer money.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 5-29-2005 at 06:52 PM

whether or not they catch anybody is irrelevant. they will catch SOMEBODY!

you can't just assasinate a police chief and get away with it, or can you?

JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-29-2005 at 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody in ob
whether or not they catch anybody is irrelevant. they will catch SOMEBODY!

you can't just assasinate a police chief and get away with it, or can you?

It happens all the time and nobody gets arrested, Tijuana has lost 2 Police chiefs and no arrests what so ever.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.