Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Telcel service soon in Mulege
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 5-30-2005 at 12:46 PM
Telcel service soon in Mulege

maybe as soon as July we will have sell phone service in Mulege. as we are usually the last to get such things we have been waiting for this for a long time.

I have been talking to the engineers and they are not yet sure as to where the coverage will be from the one new tower they have nearly completed on the north side of the river east of Mulege. they may put another at the microwave tower at Point Tiburon. which would carry a strong signal to most of the Beaches.

I will pass along info as I get it from the company as we will be selling the contracts and equipment here for Telcel.

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Mexray
Super Nomad

Mood: Baja Time

[*] posted on 5-30-2005 at 12:55 PM
That's good news, Bruce

You told me last Feb when I stopped by to chat, that you had heard that TelCel was in the process of installing a Cell-phone tower in the Mulege area.

It sure would be great if TelCel also installed cell antennas on one of the Tiburon Microwave towers and direct them to the south, toward the beaches of Bahia Concepci?n.

TelCel 'beams' sell phone signals from south of Santa Rosalia toward the beach area of San Lucas. We checked while driving in that area, and the signals are strong as you pass though there, then disappear till just south of SR near the Highway Patrol office.

It's nice to come to Baja and get away from the phones...However it's also good to have a TelCel (or other) phone for emergencies, and to keep in touch back home as needed.

Here's a picture of me trying to improve my tan while standing near a microwave dish up at the 'Tiburon' site. They ran power lines up there a few years ago - prior to that there was a diesel generator humming along to keep things going.

[Edited on 5-31-2005 by Mexray]

According to my clock...anytime is \'BAJA TIME\' & as Jimmy Buffett says,
\"It doesn\'t use numbers or moving hands It always just says now...\"
Mexray
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-30-2005 at 11:41 PM
A view from 'Tiburon' looking south to Bahia Concepcion.

Mexray
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-30-2005 at 11:41 PM
View from 'Tiburon' looking North back toward Mulege.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.