BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Question for DavidK - about El Rosario.
Braulio
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2005 at 03:47 PM
Question for DavidK - about El Rosario.

This is probably one of those posts I'll regret later - but here goes.

I'm part of the the contingent (probably 90% or so) of this board that really appreciates your contributions David - and I respect your knowledge of the backroads of Baja - and your willingness to share.

You've been hyping this El Rosario thing pretty hard here - I'm wondering if you're getting some type of reimbursement - maybe in the way of comps - like free room/grub/drinks - anything really.

That's fine if you are - there's nothing wrong with that - as long as you're up front with other nomads - that - and maybe the posts belong in another topic area.

And if you aren't - and you're doing all this El Rosario exposure stuff for nothing - well - L - that's even better - hats off.

I'm just curious.

I guess the thought occurred to me because of suspicions I had about some of the events put on by folks from the other amigos board - just kind of an inkling - nothing more.

I guess the other thing is - I'm trying to picture El Rosario in the middle of July with a whole lot of people in it - frankly I could probably imagine better scenarios - but I'm also wrong a lot.

Don't make more of this than there is David - just a straight forward question. Maybe others are wondering.

If I can I'd like to make the event.

Chau man.
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 5-31-2005 at 04:21 PM

I don't know why when people have a question for a specific person they don't use the U2U or email. I guess you want input from other people.especially when you ask personal or embarrassing questions.you would get a Lott better chance of getting a honest answer if you don't put people on the spot in front of the whole world.

I think your first question to David is not appropriate. his personal financial arrangements with his friends are non of our business. this question would really offend me if some one asked me the same.

Don't make more of this than there is Braulio I just think this is not the right thing to do .

I enjoy your posts very much keep up the Baja spirit.

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Mexray
Super Nomad

Mood: Baja Time

[*] posted on 5-31-2005 at 04:58 PM
Braulio...

You've asked a legitimate question...

I don't speak for David K. in any way, shape or form - he can answer your question directly if he wishes.

I see David's 'promotion' of the upcoming 'Baja Rosario Festival 2005' as his way to let us all know about another fun event to join with friends, new and old, to explore another wonderful part of 'our' beloved Baja California.

If David gains any 'incentives' for his reporting and enjoyment of his trips to El Rosario, that's his business, as I see it. If David worked for a publicity firm, you could assume he had some 'stake' in the event - he doesn't. He does, however, have a never-ending love of Baja California, as we all know, and will promote just about anything having to do with 'Baja' at the drop of a hat - if he thinks others would also enjoy it!

David has met and become friends with Antonio of the Baja Cactus Motel (& the Pemex Station Owner), and has supported Antonio's efforts there in Rosario. As a friend, David has spread the word, and we who have listened and stayed at the Baja Cactus, have benefited, in my view.

Sure, David wants Antonio to succeed, as I'm sure we all do. I don't know Antonio personally, only via emails - but, I think you'll agree his efforts to initiate an annual 'event' in Rosario to promote 'his' village is a good thing for the whole area. Being in on the 'ground-floor' of this event might be a fun thing as well!

I too, have been enlightened by David's reports about that 'bend in the road' we all know as El Rosario. I want to visit some of the places David's seen down there, but wouldn't have know about them had he not 'shared' with us here on Baja Nomad!

I'd really like to get down there in July for the festival and the trek out to Mision Sta. Maria, but alas, have a long standing family outing that conflicts. I have to admit it would fun to be able to say, 'Been there - done that' about the 1st annual Rosario Festival!

According to my clock...anytime is \'BAJA TIME\' & as Jimmy Buffett says,
\"It doesn\'t use numbers or moving hands It always just says now...\"
Cyndarouh
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2005 at 05:10 PM

Thank you, Mexray, I am sure David will be happy to read that. David has a Ture Love of Baja, and is very kind to share with all of us. We will all be in El Rosario for the event can't wait to hold Litttle Lorenia.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-31-2005 at 06:44 PM

Thanks amigos... Let me respond to Braulio first...

Those that have met me and spent some time with me know me pretty well... Yes, I really have a love of Baja that I (like other authors) love to share/ write about... and will continue to do so.

Antonio is a Class A human who is very generous and thinks of others and their needs... I was contacted by him last year because he saw what I was doing on the Internet and was very impressed with my (limited) knowledge of his land, Baja California. Antonio wanted to introduce himself to his customers on the Internet and wanted to make Baja Cactus Tourist Services a totally positive experience...

I think this is totally super... the first event many of you enjoyed was a great example of Antonio's hospitality. See http://vivabaja.com/fiesta and the smaller private party at JR's where we met Antonio: http://vivabaja.com/bajacactus

I have offered to assist Antonio any way that I can on this side of the border... for free, it is my pleasure. There may be some opportunity for me to assist travelers in El Rosario (for pay) in the future... but not now, and not until I have an FM-3!

Braulio, you might ask Doug (BajaNomad) about the logo now on the bottom of each page here on Nomad... I can pretty much guarantee Doug is not getting a financial kick back from Antonio, and is doing it out of admiration for this fine businessman and to help with the turnout in Rosario next July 22-24. Oh, it will be very warm then, but that is the date the Dominicans picked for establishing the mission there... and the cold ocean is only 4 miles away!

Mexray, and others who understand me and my intentions, thany you!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Braulio
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2005 at 07:00 PM

Thanks David - I've read you long enough to know your intentions - I never had any questions about them.

It's just that when I read a review or recommendation I like to know where the author is coming from.

I just hope that when you see something negative you're able to report that as well - remaining objective when you're dealing with a friend's livelihood can be tough.

Thanks to all (including dissenters) for remaining civil.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2005 at 07:11 PM

Yes, you got a deal... Did you read how I didn't like the cracked crab at Cielito Lindo? Also, Antonio's super big showers at Baja Cactus still have a problem with splasing water getting under the big glass doors even with a wiper added to the bottom... Okay, there is a couple of negatives!

See you there Braulio?

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Braulio
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2005 at 07:18 PM

I hope so - I'll be staying in TJ for the first 2 weeks in July - about all I know about El Rosario is driving through it.

If not El Rosario I was thinking about inviting some Nomads etc from San Diego out to dinner or something in TJ - I'll u2u u if we put something together.

Take care man.
Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-4-2005 at 01:30 AM

Didn't like the Cracked Crab!!???

David, David, David....what's wrong with your taste buds? :rolleyes:
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 6-4-2005 at 06:08 AM

will someone find/bring up the thread about this festivus? i can't find it - wonder when it is? Can Cactus get an ok from the golf course developer to use his private airport on the bluff?

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Cyndarouh
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-4-2005 at 06:49 AM

Capt. Mike do a search on David K, post was on 5-24-05 Festival starts July 22 around 2pm, I think. Ends on Sunday the 24th.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 6-4-2005 at 07:34 AM

Thanks Cindi, I replyed to a couple of the posts to bring them to the top... Capt. Mike (and others), there is a 'Baja Events' forum here on Nomad... so remember to click on that board for any event details.

I would bet securing the airport for you would not be a problem... the owner and two on site managers are friends with Antonio (who also rode the corporate jet from Ensenada to El Rosario!)... One of the managers reads Baja Nomad regularly and may see this...

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.