BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Motorcycle Carnet? Santa Rosalia to Mainland
Hltoppr

[*] posted on 6-2-2005 at 02:28 PM
Motorcycle Carnet? Santa Rosalia to Mainland

Anyone just happen to know if a carnet is necessary once you get to the mainland by ferry from Santa Rosalia North of Mulege.

We'll have 2 motorcycles.

Thanks!

-H-
KurtG
Super Nomad

Mood: Press On Regardless!!

[*] posted on 6-2-2005 at 04:50 PM

Yes, a vehicle permit is required for motorcycles same as for autos. You'll need a credit card to get the permit and I believe you will need to get it before getting on the ferry so allow the extra time. Be sure to turn the permit back in before leaving Mexico to avoid having your card charged for the fee. Since you are in Az. it might be more convenient and faster to get the permit at one of the Arizona border crossings.
Hltoppr

[*] posted on 6-2-2005 at 09:25 PM

Thanks Kurt, I'll do a little digging as to where to get the permit.

Does anyone know if immigration has these. We'll be passing through San Felipe on the way down, and getting our tourist permits there, so it would be easy to do at that time.

-H-
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 6-3-2005 at 07:10 AM

immigration dose not handle this but you can get the per,it at the ferry terminal in Santa Rosalia.

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-3-2005 at 07:16 AM

Might get it at Customs at the new (East) border crossing in Mexicalli???

I was told I could turn mine in there.

:biggrin:

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
Hltoppr

[*] posted on 6-4-2005 at 09:21 AM

Thanks guys, we'll probably be going in through Calixico East, and will get the carnets at Santa Rosalia!

-H-
deepcdiver

[*] posted on 12-30-2005 at 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hltoppr
Thanks guys, we'll probably be going in through Calixico East, and will get the carnets at Santa Rosalia!

-H-
deepcdiver

[*] posted on 12-30-2005 at 11:15 AM

If you get it in Santa Rosalia, be sure to take 4-6 copies of your license, registration, title (or Letter of Authorisation from the lien holder if your bike is not paid for) and Mx insurance. It can be a real hassle getting copies made near the ferries and can hold you up a couple hours. Also, don't forget to bring your own tie downs, preferable the type with built in ratchets to take up the slack.

Personally I would do it when you first cross the border, it is usually much easier.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.