Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Ensenada this weekend?
Bob H
Elite Nomad

puzzled.gif posted on 6-8-2005 at 08:23 PM
Ensenada this weekend?

Anybody gonna be in Ensenada this weekend?
We're headed down.
Bob H

The SAME boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's about what you are made of NOT the circumstance.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-9-2005 at 08:21 AM

What's the plan Bob?

Is this a scientific experiment to determin the best taco stand?

Baja Angel and I may be game... It will be nearly 2 weeks since we were last in Baja, and I am getting the shakes!!!!

Must have my dose of Baja!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2005 at 09:35 AM

Heading down Friday after work and we will be staying with some friends just five miles north of Ensenada. I know that one priority for my wife (since she has not been down longer than me) is to eat at c-ckteleria Mazatlan on Saturday afternoon. Usually get there around 1pm, order a bucket of Pacificos and spend a couple of hours there. I don't have the phone number with me where I'm staying but I can email it to you this evening. We also may end up going out to La Bufadora. But, you know how it is when you get down there and see friends, things always change, huh?
Bob H

The SAME boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's about what you are made of NOT the circumstance.
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2005 at 09:36 AM

Oh, and maybe breakfast at La Fondas on the way back! Supposed to be beautiful and sunny on Sunday.

Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2005 at 11:24 AM
Mushroom party

Quote:
Originally posted by Hose A
I know of 3 other nomads that will be here this weekend.

This weekend is a holiday in Mexico. I am told there will be a lot of partys on Saturday night.

The holiday is--- festival del hongo.

You gotta be kidding. Tell me more. I love mushrooms.
Mike Supino
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2005 at 11:31 AM

http://www.ensenadagazette.com/events.html

Scroll down to June events.
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2005 at 01:38 PM

Looks like the competition and food samples are going to be happening on Sunday from 1-8pm. $14 for five drinks and five samples. Too bad they aren't doing this on Saturday instead. :(

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2005 at 04:52 PM

Bob... call me on my cell and maybe we can meet up Tacos and Pacifico is just what Angel and I are thinking of.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Gypsy Jan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Depends on which way the wind is blowing

[*] posted on 6-9-2005 at 07:26 PM
La Fonda del Rio (in the La Mision Hotel parking lot)

You might want to try their Sunday Champagne Brunch.

Price is around $14, unlimited champagne, the dining room and outside patios (upper and lower) all have killer beach views.

The food and service have been uneven at times, but this just seems to be start-up hiccups.

The Sunday buffet is large and ambitious. Getting out of your car, the smell of carne asada grilling over charcoal sneaks right up your nose. That's the first station on your way in where they also prepare fish tacos, grilled chicken and fajitas.

On your way in to the dining room, you pass the fresh fruit, ceviche, lox and bagel platters, along with steam tables containing scrambled eggs in various combos, bacon, ham, sausag, etc.

Inside, you can choose from seafood preps (crab claws in sauce, etc.), menudo and pozole, tamales, enchiladas, chile rellenos and more.

Farther down, there is prime rib and omelettes made to order.

Last on the lineup, the dessert table has many different cheescake and cake type selections, along with a lot of different jello desserts and some definite Mexican favorites (chongos?).

The very welcoming and gregarious security guard told me that the owner is from Ensenada, so he brought a "secret recipe" for the fish tacos from the fish market there.

Maybe yes, maybe no, but I do like the fish tacos.

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow mindedness.”
—Mark Twain

\"La vida es dura, el corazon es puro, y cantamos hasta la madrugada.” (Life is hard, the heart is pure and we sing until dawn.)
—Kirsty MacColl, Mambo de la Luna

\"Alea iacta est.\"
—Julius Caesar
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2005 at 08:19 PM

Oh God... is that heaven I smell?

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.