Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Upcoming East Coast Trip to Bahia de Los Angeles
Mike Humfreville
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2003 at 04:52 PM
Upcoming East Coast Trip to Bahia de Los Angeles

Mary Ann and I heading out Wednesday 9/30 for San Felipe where we?ll hook up with pals for a day or two. The plan is to head south for Alfonsinas in Gonzaga for the weekend and then continue on to Bahia de Los Angeles and Camp Gecko until 10/10. At this point it seems the Gonzaga bay gathering (fly-in) has pretty much petered out. We hope to run into friends along the way. October is the best month for Baja (notwithstanding storms).
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-28-2003 at 05:09 PM

Mike, are you guys taking P.O.T. (Poor Old Trooper) or the San Ignacio Limo??

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Mike Humfreville
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2003 at 05:59 PM
David

POT has been given a respectable memorial and donated to our gardener. He has restored POT to a full bloom and utility for one of his workers. We'll be taking the suburban, now dubbed la Vaca Blanca (White Cow), a dubious name she informed me. But she is a heavy, well endowed lady. See you @ Gonzaga????
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2003 at 10:41 PM

Both POT and POT-II are retired?? So the San Ignacio Limo (La Vaca Blanca) is the new Baja Assult Vehicle, eh?

I need a 3 or more day weekend as it is school time. Both kids are in different schools, too. So, no Gonzaga or Bahia de L.A. just yet. You all have a wonderful time and post from the Internet store in Bahia, okay?

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

GeoRock
Nomad

Mood: Always have one

[*] posted on 9-29-2003 at 11:18 AM

So, good old POT is retired from the Humfreville family?! I am privilaged to have ridden in a smokin' POT...I remember well the bump on my head as it dove into a cemented ravine doing about 55 mph plus. What an awesome car!!!!!

I hope the new series lives up to its name.

Have a great trip! I can't go, I'm taking beginning Spanish at the local college. But I'll see you in December there, if not before. :tumble:

http://reinventmyself.isagenix.com
For rapid weight loss; building of lean muscle for athletes; and overall improved health through nutritional cleansing.
Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-29-2003 at 01:14 PM
I think Mike missed that you were talking

about Poor Old Trooper, not Poor Old Truck.......POTII is still in SI I believe....Suzanne, you rode in that one. POTI was retired about 2yrs. ago...
Mike Humfreville
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-29-2003 at 03:04 PM
GeoRock and Deb

As Deb states, POT was the little white 2wd pickup that kept losing bodyparts along the Gonzaga to San Felipe road on one of our trips. POTII (that's pronounced POT-2 rather than POTTY!) is the Isuzu now under care of Ricardo @ R&B and waiting for me to buy and deliver an engine). While we have not yet adopted a name for the Suburban we bought in San Ignacio, on the trip that followed many dubbed her the White Cow (Vaca Blanca), so that name is likely to stick. Only an airhead need to name his cars.
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-29-2003 at 09:29 PM

Mike & MA! Have a great time!! Give our regards to Camote and watch out for that westy character, he's a wild one!

We would be inviting ourselves along but we are celebrating our fourth wedding anniversary (Oct. 2) in Sonoma!!!

Viva Baja!!!

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

Mike Humfreville
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-29-2003 at 11:02 PM
EGL

SOME of us have learned to love BOXED wine, but we've been warned of the boxed tequila. But I suggest you inquire at the better vintners on your aniversary about the varied qualities. Mary Ann and I are happy for you two. Let's not let too much time pass before we get together, all of us!
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2003 at 07:19 AM

I recall (barely) a clear PLASTIC tequila bottle, that looked like a bee hive, being passed around the Humfreville campfire (at Camp Gecko)! About then the fire flames turned blue and other exotic colors... magic rocks? Yah, sure... I bet it was the (plastic) tequila! LOL

Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2003 at 02:34 PM
Hey don't knock it....

that stuff costs a WHOLE $1.25 USD per bee hive!
westy
Junior Nomad

Mood: some people call me the Space Cowboy

[*] posted on 10-2-2003 at 12:39 AM

Thanks elgato!
Baja Beach Barbie won't be makin the trip, so someone will have to watch out FOR me! (after awhile I don't see so well.
Don't shot so well neither but thats a story for another day..........):bounce:
westy
Junior Nomad

Mood: some people call me the Space Cowboy

[*] posted on 10-2-2003 at 12:40 AM

Thanks elgato!
Baja Beach Barbie won't be makin the trip, so someone will have to watch out FOR me! (after awhile I don't see so well.
Don't shot so well neither but thats a story for another day..........):bounce:

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.