Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: I never dreamed I had so many friends
jimmy smith
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2003 at 05:00 PM
I never dreamed I had so many friends

I'm still hung up at the La Jolla V.A. Something to do with radiology therepy. They will spring me about the 9th. of Oct.

Response and support from my friends has been overwhelming and I will not respond with thanks here as it would take me until next Tuesday.

Evan as I have been reading your e-mails and posts, I have been to shakey to answer.I am high on steroids, and my fingers tremble so bad, and my darling daughter came up from Los Barriles and she must take the rap for the spelling.

Mike Humfreville
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2003 at 05:13 PM

JImmy,

Glad to hear your getting out soon. It's been a few days since there's been an update and the bad weather pretty much kept the pages busy. Folks from a number of boards have been asking about your situation. Hang in there Amigo and saludos!
jeans
Super Nomad

Mood: Encantada

[*] posted on 9-28-2003 at 05:15 PM

Internet access right in your room...what will they give you next?

It was good to hear your voice, but I had to wait on hold while you posted that!! And thank you to the angel who loaned you the laptop (you know who you are). See you both soon...

[Edited on 9-29-2003 by jeans]
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-28-2003 at 05:17 PM

Hola Don Jimmy! I just tried to call you, but another Jimmy is in your (old?) room. Give me a call with your new number if you get a chance... will u2u my cell #.

There is a message for you from an Elizabeth on Fred's board.

Keep getting better amigo!

Jack Swords is in La Paz and is stunned at the destruction. Marina de La Paz is no mas or a real mess.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2003 at 05:34 PM
You are loved Jimmy.....get well so we can have another visit soon

Hugs, Debra
Capt. George
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2003 at 07:07 PM
AN INSTITUTION

Don Jimmy, your incredible life is an inspiration to so many of us. Although Deborah and I only had the pleasure of meeting you one time, you have become a hero worth admiring. Your love for Dona Lupe moved us beyond meer words, you truly touched us both....We wish you well and God speed home to your beloved Baja.

With warmest regards,

George & Deborah
Ski Baja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2003 at 08:56 PM
Friends

And not only that Jimmy, I bet a good portion of them are Mexican. You are truly a fortunate man !
jwfga

[*] posted on 9-28-2003 at 09:01 PM

hi jimmy...........you probably dont remmber me. had lunch with you along with kenny at the sports bar on the beach.........glad to hear your doing well and gonna escape soon... ......hang in there amigo.......keep smiling......
Msal
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-29-2003 at 04:52 PM
Sally here?

Hi Big Daddy! So glad your ok and getting out soon! Is she here? (Sally) If so, I would sure love to see her! (and you too, of course!) Keep getting better and we will see you in Baja soon. Sally
Keri
Super Nomad

Mood: muy contento

[*] posted on 9-29-2003 at 06:10 PM
We're coming

Hi Jimmy , Sounds like you might be home so we can sit on your porch and listen to you tell us some good Baja stories. Should be by you some time between the 11th and the 14th. Sorry my visit was so short but the Drs always get to go first, right. Get well soon so you can get home to your honey. I bet she is missing you terribly. k :spingrin::bounce::tumble:
Eli
Super Nomad

Mood: Some times Observing, sometimes Oblivious.

[*] posted on 9-30-2003 at 10:44 AM

Hola Msal, Yep, looks like I will be here until Oct. 9th anyway. I am spending my afternoons at the V.A. with Dad. It would be great to hook up with you, but am assuming you live far away?

Pop calls it the country club, I say heck of a place to go for a vacation, but expect it beats the heat at home. And it is interesting to be state side after so many years.

I called down to my office yesterday, still no electric or portable water in L.B., but hope is on the hortizon for this week. Must admit as I write this, I am suddenly getting a little home sick, heat, no water and all, still there is no place like home, no place like home, come on magic red shoes, take me home.
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 9-30-2003 at 11:51 AM
hey Jimmy, have been on the mainland diving

sea of cortez out of MMGM, so just getting back on here.
e me if you need anything, which room ya in now? or is it the same?

any chance they'll let you fly or no way jose? I'll check in on you when i get back to SD. take care!

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Msal
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2003 at 01:03 PM
Not too far away!

Hola Eli!! I am only 45 mins from where you are. I was in San Diego a few days ago to pick up Juanita from the airport. Easy and nice drive. I'd love to get together. Email me and I'll send you my phone#.I've got a nice comfy car and extra time... Msalreed@cox.net, if you left it down south. Your sis, Sally
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2003 at 02:41 PM

Glad to hear from you again, hope you are doing well and hopefuly on your way back to Baja very soon.:bounce:

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-9-2003 at 07:42 AM
don Jimmy headed home next sat!!

jimmy is going home!! Thu, 09 October 2003 10:28

well, we had a good visit last night, chuck and Sally there , and even DK stopped by with his daughter Sara. Anyway, jimmy had his final round of radiology yesterday, it really takes a toll especially when you are already weak, plus age etc doesn't help. He can't go this weekend, too weak - so the plan now is we fly him to punta pescadero next sat the 18th from SD Brown field. thx to all who have supported this. Jimmy is truly overwhelmed with the spirit and generousity of his friends - especially those he's never met!

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-9-2003 at 08:03 AM
to Eli, Chuck, Bernie Dave et al.....

Remember, it's a call to be made as far as his wishes to "see the peninsula via the highway" vs. a plane ride that's quick - dependent on the secure availability of O2 on the way. i'll remain available to fly him, and if it works out that he wants to and can go by road, visiting along the way, that's all good too. The advantage of course is i can't go till next sat 18th, and he wants to leave on or before 15th?

[Edited on 10-9-2003 by capt. mike]

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Juan
Junior Nomad

Mood: Life is good.

[*] posted on 10-10-2003 at 07:17 AM
Jimmy Smith

Best wishes Jimmy. Just read where you are planning on driving (in good company) home when you are able. I suspect many of your Amigos (myself included) will be seeing you this fall and winter. Via con Dios, Juan

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.