BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Health Problems down south.
Ski Baja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-29-2003 at 05:08 PM
Health Problems down south.

Can anyone in Santa Rosalia or anywhere south of there please tell me what the statistics are as far as people contracting Dengue and what is most needed there. I would like to hear from as many areas as possible. Thanks J.R.
Family Guy
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-29-2003 at 05:24 PM

Ski Baja,

Perhaps this is in response to an article I posted under the Dengue thread. It reported that 5 people have so far died as a result of contacting the disease in the Santa Rosalia area.

With such a low death rate I can only imagine that if these five deaths are accurate, the number of cases must be in the 100's.

You seem to have a pretty good grasp on Dengue and the area. I am assuming that the Dengue outbreaks are limited to certain times of the year, we weather, high temperatures, etc. Will the risk of contacting this virus diminish over the coming weeks as the temperatures go down and the water dries up? Or will this continue through the winter months?
Ski Baja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-29-2003 at 06:28 PM
Dengue

Your post is exactly why I posted this thread. I am headed down Wednesday and will be delivering a bunch of stuff including repellants. I will be headed into the mountains but if conditions are really bad in S.Rosalia, Mulege and points south along the coast, I may have a hard time passing thru with things that they need.
If anyone has any "actually being there" information, I would love to hear it. Especially regarding the Mission San Luis Gonzaga / Ciudad Constitucion areas. Muchas gracias Amigos.
Many people have been donating things and I have enough clothes, etc. . Insect repellant is something I can always find room for so if anyone can help, I thank you again. It can be dropped off on your way down as we are in a convenient location in Rosarito.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.