Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Alone but not Lonely...Favorite Solo Moments
lindsay
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-29-2005 at 01:02 PM

Eli, thank you for your kind comments and it's nice to see this thread grow as others contribute some very interesting and vivid personal reflections and adventures.

Richard, sorry not to see you either...the visits to Mulege always fly by with visiting the relatives, making sure Sara has her beach time and running around town!! I also barely saw John, who as you know is next door in the duplex, since he is out very early most mornings and does a lot of running about.

Anyway, we'll be back in the fall or winter and hope to see you then...enjoy the summer and stay cool if you can.
Eli
Super Nomad

Mood: Some times Observing, sometimes Oblivious.

[*] posted on 6-29-2005 at 07:08 PM

And I thought that this thread was mighty sweet yesterday, but just keeps getting better, one of the best ever. Sure am enjoying reading everyones comments, very, very nice. Will make for sweet dreams alone in my bed tonight. Buenas Noches, Sara
lindsay
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-29-2005 at 08:51 PM
Fortunate We All Are...

Nice to hear from you again on this thread Eli and I hope that the other posts do take you to the land of sweet dreams tonight!! The memories and thoughts that everyone has put into these posts reminds me of something one of my wise high school teachers once told me about the gifts of expression. As you can imagine, we would sometimes moan about writing in her class (it was a journalism class and we did the high school's newspaper). She would gently remind us how fortunate we were to have the luxury of time in our lives to reflect on our experiences and related feelings. She was quite a well-traveled adventurer and she would tell us to remember that in the world there were countless people who due to whatever their personal circumstances and environment never had the chance to just "enjoy the moment". Their lives were clouded by tough times and reflecting on their world was not an option when survival from day to day was the main priority.

I'm now rambling here but this forum reminds me how even when the day to day responsibilities take up our time, this board has been a great outlet for reflecting on my experiences in Baja California. My teacher also imparted a great lesson that we all have a unique voice/view to share with others. Being able to express that voice whether through the written or spoken word, a photo, a painting, or other artistic/creative medium is a gift and many nomads share that gift each day...OK, don't slam me now if that sounds too cheesy/quesitisimo...as my Mexican sobrina created in her own version of Spanglish!! Anyway, just some night time thoughts to say thank you everyone for contributing to a place that lets different voices express themselves. I don't always have a chance to spend much time on the board with work and raising Sara but I've really enjoyed my daily "baja breaks" with you all. :yes:
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.