Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Registering
Roberto
Banned

[*] posted on 7-5-2005 at 07:09 PM
Registering

Folks,

I've been plying these here Baja boards for quite a while now, and it's pretty common to hear people railing against "anonymous" posters.

So, I want to ask you, fellow time-wasters :lol:, a question. If you look at the registrations on these here boards, you "handles" like bajathis, and bajathat, and joebaja, and jeantraveller ... you get the idea. What do these registrations really tell us about the posters? I submit pretty close to ... nada. So, why does the community seem to put such a high value on registration, and such a low one on the opposite? To me, quite frankly, it doesn't make much difference - both are "hiding" if you will, behind a computer monitor. Now, if your registration is your real name, that's a different story. :biggrin:
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 7-5-2005 at 07:32 PM

Quote:

Now, if your registration is your real name, that's a different story.

i guess it is...:moon:

Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 7-5-2005 at 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Roberto
Folks,

I've been plying these here Baja boards for quite a while now, and it's pretty common to hear people railing against "anonymous" posters.

So, I want to ask you, fellow time-wasters :lol:, a question. If you look at the registrations on these here boards, you "handles" like bajathis, and bajathat, and joebaja, and jeantraveller ... you get the idea. What do these registrations really tell us about the posters? I submit pretty close to ... nada. So, why does the community seem to put such a high value on registration, and such a low one on the opposite? To me, quite frankly, it doesn't make much difference - both are "hiding" if you will, behind a computer monitor. Now, if your registration is your real name, that's a different story. :biggrin:

for one thing it means that you took the time and had the respect to become a member before you start hacking up everyones posts.

and for another thing I know who Hose A and Jrbaja are and they have got a lot more class than anon. dose:lol::lol::lol:

[Edited on 7-6-2005 by Bruce R Leech]

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

eetdrt88
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-5-2005 at 10:42 PM
thats Sir eet to you...

eet being the first,drt being the last and 88 is my IQ level:lol::lol::lol:..............seriously,we should not take ourselves too seriously:yes:
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 7-6-2005 at 12:14 AM
Agree completely, Roberto.

What's the big deal if someone wants to post anonymously?

In this day and age, with personal info all too available, I understand peoples need for some privacy.

Take people to task for what they post....not what they choose to call themselves.
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-6-2005 at 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by eetdrt88
seriously,we should not take ourselves too seriously:yes:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I certainly don't take myself seriously: uiQYDQ2ehU XCMMYUQY3T YGHHA XGGBY IUHYUHAluihucheTBFB THNBT HFTvttbf gyny jmmmfuedhlize chehi9euh o8gr439 r944w9mm nve rmeiui oeaw op39p3fkq348 7.......

see
vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

tongue.gif posted on 7-6-2005 at 02:11 PM

Now that's telling them Sharky !!!

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.