BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Have you had your X-Ray ?
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 7-13-2005 at 05:56 PM
Have you had your X-Ray ?

I talked yesterday with a friend who has a residence in the Gonzaga Bay area and he told me about his latest trip North, crossing at Mexicali's Garita Oriente. They were pulled into secondary at the back of a long line of vehicles. His luck was to be the last one. All of the people and animals were ordered out of the vehicles. He asked if he could leave his Dog and Cat in the Truck and the answer was "Only if you want them X-Rayed". They then started down the line with a Large unit on wheels moving slowly from car to car. As they finished, they let the vehicles leave. Being the last, this whole inspection took around an hour.

Anybody else had this experience yet ?
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 7-13-2005 at 10:10 PM

Yes, maybe 2 years ago at Calexico East, also.

It did not take that long... a certain number of cars were instructed to drive to a lane in secondary for the random check by the drive-over Xray... we were asked to stand off to the side while this thing drove down the row of parked cars.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

RJM

[*] posted on 7-13-2005 at 10:23 PM

I didn't know that you could x-ray through metal? Anyone want to elaborate?
Mexray
Super Nomad

Mood: Baja Time

[*] posted on 7-13-2005 at 10:27 PM
It's a good thing that contraption is north of the border...

...or it would have to be called the 'Mexray'...:rolleyes:

According to my clock...anytime is \'BAJA TIME\' & as Jimmy Buffett says,
\"It doesn\'t use numbers or moving hands It always just says now...\"
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2005 at 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by RJM

Haven't you read any Superman comic books?

frizkie
Nomad

Mood: tranquilo

[*] posted on 7-13-2005 at 11:25 PM
X-Rayed

Yes, they x-rayed me at Tecate heading North across the boarder in April,2003. Made me and my two pups get out and wait on a platform to the side with some other people...all Mexicans. Then they rolled the big X-ray machine over my truck and camper. It didn't take very long. Then I was on my way.
yankeeirishman
Banned

[*] posted on 7-14-2005 at 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by RJM

mostly lead they cannot. perhaps some other material too..I dont know. But metals they can. Done at the major Ports too, to the containers.

What control freaks there are here. Don\'t believe that post you just read!
Al G
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Wondering what is next???

[*] posted on 7-15-2005 at 05:12 PM

Would this be dangerous to hidden people? They may be looking for drugs, but a lot of things would look like drugs. Flour, soap. any powder.

Albert G
Remember, if you haven\'t got a smile on your face and laughter in your heart, then you are just a sour old fart!....

The most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no trade-in value.
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-15-2005 at 05:14 PM

They are looking for people. Probably no more dangerous than a regular Xray at a dr. office

:rolleyes:

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

lol.gif posted on 7-15-2005 at 06:10 PM
Just the one ?

yankeeirishman
Banned

[*] posted on 7-17-2005 at 09:53 AM
Film

Well, do these Xrays damage camera film? And...In Mexicalli...anyone know the location of these machines?

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 7-17-2005 at 10:11 AM

Yankee, it is the American side (Calexico) at the east crossing where they have the drive over your car xray... I was surprised that the older (2003) Tecate crossing had one (per Frizkie)... I never saw it there. It is pretty big, like something you might see at a cargo ship dock...

Oh, Baja Spell Checker :biggrin: wants me to remind you Mexicali has just one L (one way to remember is two Ls together make a y sound in Spanish, as in La Jolla or silla/chair).:light: or Ocotillo, like Campo Ocotillo!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

yankeeirishman
Banned

[*] posted on 7-17-2005 at 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Yankee, it is the American side (Calexico) at the east crossing where they have the drive over your car xray... I was surprised that the older (2003) Tecate crossing had one (per Frizkie)... I never saw it there. It is pretty big, like something you might see at a cargo ship dock...

Oh, Baja Spell Checker :biggrin: wants me to remind you Mexicali has just one L (one way to remember is two Ls together make a y sound in Spanish, as in La Jolla or silla/chair).:light: or Ocotillo, like Campo Ocotillo!

Good God DavidK, I'm afraid to meet you in real life. Hell...I am worry that you may carry a handheld Baja Spell Checker and correct me at the ol' chow table :lol::lol::lol:

I am pretty good at spotting some off the oddities of life....never seen anything that looka like a xray box. I will keep the ol peekers open wider, next month as I run to Campos "Octotillio" :bounce:

[Edited on 7-17-2005 by yankeeirishman]

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.