BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Diving near Ensenada
Diverdan

question.gif posted on 7-16-2005 at 10:53 AM
Diving near Ensenada

I'm goingto be in the Ensenada area in the next month and I want to do some diving. Anyone got recomendations on best dive charters, good sites to visit. Is Ensenada close to the dive sites or am I better off somewhere elsein the area?
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-16-2005 at 11:18 AM
The coastline south of La Bufadora

is pretty well known for diving. But you will probably have to arrange something in Ensenada. Me No or others in that area will probably have more info.
greybaby
Nomad

Mood: Missing Baja

[*] posted on 7-16-2005 at 09:01 PM

Here's a link that may be helpful. We're not divers but this shop is right below us on the highway to La Bufadora and this guy has been around for a long time. http://www.labufadora.com/dales/Dales.htm Hope it can answer some questions.
synch
Nomad

Mood: wandering...

[*] posted on 7-21-2005 at 03:22 PM

The diving in the coves by La Bufadora (Close to Dales in previous post) is great - it is just 100m from the La Bufadora shopping/parking area along the dirt road.

The best entrance for divers is to walk down the boat ramp in the cove and swim the short distance out to the kelp forest. A typical dive will not be deeper than 40-50ft so you'll get a lot of bottom time

Diverdan

[*] posted on 9-10-2005 at 10:01 AM

I did two days of diving during my trip. The first was with Almar Diving and the second with Baja Blue. Tried to hook up with Dale but could never catch him at home.

Both outfits were fine. The gear was not brand new but generally quite sound. Regulators were good. My pressure guage from Almar was kaput but my compass from Baja Blue seemed to stop working at 45 feet. Both provided excellent wet suits.

Both dives were in the same areaat Camp Kennedy. With Almar, we were expected to carry our gear down to the shore but Baja Blue hired someone to tote most of it. It wasn't a problem for me but others might find the climb a bit of a challenge with weights and tanks. On the other hand, Almar started me off with a lot more air in the tanks. Baja Blue gets their refills at Almar and seems to get less than full tanks.

They both took me to lunch after the dives but to different spots and both were fantastic.

I would be happy to dive with any outfit again. The chaps running the dives were first rate and fun to hang with.

Anyone having any specific questions can post here and I'll try to provide an answer.
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-10-2005 at 10:09 AM

Single tank dives ?
How much ?
Diverdan

[*] posted on 9-25-2005 at 09:15 PM

Both were double tanks. Almar was about $90 and Baja Blue was about $110.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.