Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Federal Hwy police
bajaruby
Banned

cool.gif posted on 7-19-2005 at 11:18 AM
Federal Hwy police

Just found this and thought that maybe people who don't live there would like to know this. So be cool and slow down.:cool:

The latest reports of road conditions along Mexico's Hwy 1 through Baja California.
For a complete drive description from Tecate to Cabo San Lucas read our Driving Baja, Nov, 2004 Road Report for the entire peninsula. This page currently contains updates from our readers who have recently made the trip.

It would appear that the Federal Hwy police are getting very serious about speeding between La Paz and Cabo San Lucas. There have been two car policing this stretch of road for a long time - you could pretty much anticipate where to find them.

On a recent trip from La Paz to Cabo San Lucas 7 Federal Hwy Patrol cars were seen. They come in a variety of configurations too, from the Crown Victoria Intercepter to 4x4's and Pickups. It's very easy to come right up on one of these officers and not know it. Three cars were entirely black with just the Federal Hwy Police lettering front and back. The cars are equipped with video cameras and some have radar.

They patrol with good reason too. Overloaded trucks, cogestion caused by particularly slow drivers or a laden truck and the vast diversity of speed at which people travel this section of Hwy 1 has caused many accident.

So, keep it slower, 65mph seems to keep them happy. Remember, Mucho Ojo!
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2005 at 11:31 AM
Don't know where ya found that

but 65 does not keep them happy if posted otherwise. $20.00 might work though after you've been pulled over.
bajaruby
Banned

[*] posted on 7-19-2005 at 11:41 AM

Hi jrbaja,
Found this stuff in the Bajainsider. I just thought it would be wise to know this stuff. As for the speed limit, I think everyone should have kil. in their cars and should use them. And besides, If you barral down the hwy., you miss the most beautiful photos in the world. Right?
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2005 at 11:42 AM
To say nothing of

"Tope concussions"!:lol:
bajaruby
Banned

[*] posted on 7-19-2005 at 11:59 AM

yeah really, no s***.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
yankeeirishman
Banned

[*] posted on 7-19-2005 at 12:03 PM

I got a ticket there a few weeks ago. Gave jrbaja 20 bucks and he let me go :lol::lol::lol:

What control freaks there are here. Don\'t believe that post you just read!
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 7-19-2005 at 12:15 PM
Barral ??

How does one "Barral" down a highway ? Is a "Barral" like a Luge ? I note that there is a "Barral" travel forum on the net, but they don't mention Baja.
bajaloco
Nomad

Mood: wishin I was fishin

[*] posted on 7-19-2005 at 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by yankeeirishman
I got a ticket there a few weeks ago. Gave jrbaja 20 bucks and he let me go :lol::lol::lol:

I would have thought JR would have just confiscated your beer and ice and let you go:lol:

Carry an Organ Donor card. You could save someone\'s life... http://www.organdonor.gov
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

lol.gif posted on 7-19-2005 at 12:50 PM
I considered it.

But who wants a cooler full of Budweiser and Coors?:lol::lol:
bajaruby
Banned

[*] posted on 7-19-2005 at 03:50 PM

MrBillM,:lol::lol::lol::lol:
:wow: You wouldn't want to ride with me when I'm on my way TO Baja from here.:o:o:o You'd know what I'm talkin' about.
Once I get across the border it's a slooowwwww ride.:cool:
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2005 at 03:50 PM

oooooo....hit the man right in his beer cooler, that's nasty even for you JR !?!?! :lol::lol: (Can't blame you though !!)
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2005 at 05:02 PM

Between San Jose and San Lucas I set my cruise control on about 53 which is over the 80kph posted and have gone by 7 or 8 cops with radar and no problema. Have had several people blast by me doing at least 65; only to see them later on the side of the road talking to senor federal.
Why, you ask, am I going to San Lucas so often....one word....chiropractor. I should let anyone know who needs one that this guy is good....no great. Dr. Robert Smith. u2u me if you are in this area and need one.
I will look for that cooler too. Although the thought of Bud or Coors makes me want to gaggggggg
Pacifico, nada mas fina

Sallysouth
Super Nomad

Mood: missing Baja...

[*] posted on 7-19-2005 at 09:22 PM

Thanks Judy, for the great info re: Dr Smith! I think Mija could be helped(no, I know she can) by a good Chiroprator down there! She broke her tailbone when she was 13 yrs. old downhill ski racing, and then just a few years ago, rolled her 4x4 on the way to La Paz, which started the whole Vertigo/migrain thing. Judy, please U2U me the info for this Doc? And for you Yankee, you earned your title, lots of time to spare,I would guess!
yankeeirishman
Banned

[*] posted on 7-20-2005 at 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sallysouth
Thanks Judy, for the great info re: Dr Smith! I think Mija could be helped(no, I know she can) by a good Chiroprator down there! She broke her tailbone when she was 13 yrs. old downhill ski racing, and then just a few years ago, rolled her 4x4 on the way to La Paz, which started the whole Vertigo/migrain thing. Judy, please U2U me the info for this Doc? And for you Yankee, you earned your title, lots of time to spare,I would guess!

Lots of spare time? No...lots of managed time! Some folks here have real bad perceptions that one sits at their computer all day..to type on the forums. Geeze! I happen to work off my computer 60% of the day, with five opened windows (this forum included). DuH! I have fun working, dont you? :lol:

What control freaks there are here. Don\'t believe that post you just read!

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.