BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Rosario Festival Opening Ceremony,on Friday the 22nd.
Cyndarouh
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-31-2005 at 10:51 AM
Rosario Festival Opening Ceremony,on Friday the 22nd.

Rosario opening Ceremony

We all arrived at the old mission, 2 PM Friday July 22, 2005. Antonio had up shade covers and chairs for everyone. The beauty pageant contestant were there handing out cold drinks to every one. What Beautiful and polite young ladies,

The elders all set up front at a table.
Antonio started the dedication and the Thank you to all the elders
This to me was so heart warming an breath taking.
If you stood still and listened, you could feel the present of the past all around you.
A group of ranchers road down on horse back from San Quentin and were there for the dedication.
What I enjoy the most is the respect shown to the Elders. The fact the town is documenting the past. This to me is priceless. .

You could see the pride in the Elders faces and the respect they had for being honored on this day.

Antonio once again, has done an Outstanding job. His endless work to put on this Festival for the small yet so large in Love and Respect Community is almost with out words.

After the Dedication was over people visited for a while then all went on their ways.

Antonio sent us out to a local place to eat, the food was Wonderful service Outstanding.
We went back to the Hotel and off to the rodeo.
Were we ran in to a few local ranchers we knew from Colonet area. Had a nice time and visit. We were introduce to a few local Rosario ranchers and families.
The beauty pangent young ladies were there on horse back and greeting people.

Back to the hotel.

Mom, Dad and I decided we were just too tired from our day?s travel and all we had seen and done. Stayed in as my husband, son and our friends for Colonet went to see the dance and Carnival.

Sat.
Woke up to a nice cool over cast day.
A little drizzle to kept the dust down. We singed up for the tour to the petrified fossil forest.
The van picked us up at the hotel at 10:30 Am.
We had a full van, Some of Antonio?s family and also some Espinoza family members.

What a fun tour. We sang, laughed, and hiked with children and local Families. The joy of being with the children and all the smiles and laughter said it all. Learned so much more than we thought we would about the area. Four hours of pure enjoyment

Thank you Antonio and all that were with us on this Wonderful tour. What a Great day of memories to keep with us.

[Edited on 8-1-2005 by Cyndarouh]

[Edited on 8-1-2005 by Cyndarouh]
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-31-2005 at 10:55 AM

Thanks Cindi. Waiting to hear more.

;D

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
Keri
Super Nomad

Mood: muy contento

[*] posted on 7-31-2005 at 11:56 AM
Thanks Cindy,

yes this is the kind of report we were waitng to hear. I wish I could have been there with you. Did you go to La Lobera. I heard it is great. Mike and i tried the week before to go but the big private property signs stopped us. We didn't know if we were in the right place so we left for other adventures. Hope to see you down there sometime maybe crab dinner at Cielito lindo. Hey what happened to the t-shirts ,are you going to mail them or do you want to meet me some whre to get the? Glad you had a good time. Hope we hear some more reports like yours,k:yes:

[Edited on 7-31-2005 by Keri]

http://www.pyramidresort.com
011521-646-119-9445
bajaruby
Banned

[*] posted on 7-31-2005 at 12:05 PM

Hey, thanks for the reports of your trip. Sounds like a lot of fun.
Cyndarouh
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-31-2005 at 12:55 PM

You're all Welcome., Keri I will bring your t-shrit by I am waiting for a reply from Antonio.
Also I did forget one very important part.
Antonio and his staff were so kind to all. Mom could not get over how Antonio has paid so much attention to every little detail in the rooms. Baja Cactus is a must to stay in while in or traveling threw Rosario,
Antonio and his staff are the best. We never lock our rooms we felt so comfortable and safe as we did our last stay.
Keri
Super Nomad

Mood: muy contento

[*] posted on 7-31-2005 at 01:32 PM

"What a fun tour. We sang, laughed, and hiked with children and local Families. The joy of being with the children and all the smiles and laughter said it all. Learned so much more than we thought we would about the area. Four hours of pure enjoyment"
Cindy, What songs did you sing, Spanish songs? English? sounds like such fun. ,k:yes::bounce:

[Edited on 7-31-2005 by Keri]

http://www.pyramidresort.com
011521-646-119-9445
Cyndarouh
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-31-2005 at 02:31 PM

Keri, The songs were in Spanish. One of the Grandmothers helped me with the words. I feel so Blessed to have spent time with the family's. Share laugher with them all. Unfortunately I have no more to post. I went to the beauty pageant with Antonio with every intent to stay. And old friend Montezuma found me and I had to head back to the hotel. From Sat eve. on we were not able to attend all we had wished to. Mom an Dad help to nurse me at their trailer in Baja Seasons. I was barley okay to make it home Tues. My Boys came home Sunday, they both had work Monday morning. I am Thankful for all I was able to Enjoy. A good body cleanse once is a while is Okay. Now for it to leave me and soon. Yes I am hydrating my self but that's about it at this time. A Friend sent me some meds which will be here Monday. Wouldn't you know our DR is in Costa Rica on Holiday. Lucky me.
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-1-2005 at 09:47 AM

Cindy,
Great report on the opening ceremony that many of us missed by arriving too late. I heard that it was very emotional to many locals who attended.
Surely do hope that Montezuma goes away very soon!
Take care,
Bob H

The SAME boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's about what you are made of NOT the circumstance.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.