Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: HOA's, Social Clubs, and Groupsagringos
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-2-2005 at 11:00 PM
HOA's, Social Clubs, and Groupsagringos

This is something I am seeing more and more of down here. David Smith moves to Baja because he has visited a friend who has lived here.
The friend tells him about all the hassles, rip offs, nightmare of getting his FM3, and all the other unusual things that happen down here but will help David through all this stuff because he has already been through it.:lol::lol::lol:
Fact is, David Smith is about to make the exact same mistakes causing all these problems because he isn't smart enough to think there may be an easier or better way.
Then, a friend of Davids moves down and David, being so proud that he is now a resident, shows Mike how to get things done.:lol:
Then more and more of these Davids and Mikes move down, all making the same mistakes and whining about how they were all taken advantage of.
But, now they are a group. They still don't have a clue as to why they are constantly getting ripped off and everything they do is a hassle in spite of talking to David Smiths friend who has lived here for blah blah blah.

Not once do they consider talking to the locals, looking into things themselves, or going straight to the source. This being Mexico, the source would be the Mexicans.

Same with dogooder tourists. They find something to get involved with in spite of the fact they live 1000 miles away, talk to some other gringos rather than the Mexicans and then wonder why nothing is happening.

Oh well, at least it provides something to b-tch about at the internet cafes.
rpleger
Super Nomad

Mood: Was good.

[*] posted on 8-3-2005 at 08:04 AM

Right on JR.

Or they can see a professional, like Bruce, and get the job done fast and correct.

There are professionals in every gringo area in Baja California to help.

Richard on the Hill

*ABROAD*, adj. At war with savages and idiots. To be a Frenchman abroad is to
be miserable; to be an American abroad is to make others miserable.
-- Ambrose Bierce, _The Enlarged Devil\'s Dictionary_
comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 8-3-2005 at 09:05 AM

Jr

Right to the point of speaking to the mexicans, but they don't speak spanish and they expect the mexicans to learn English so they can talk to them.

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 8-3-2005 at 09:22 AM
Guru Enlightenment

Apparently, the best course would be to seek out the wisdom of JR and sit reverently at his feet while he dispenses the Holy truth of Baja.

The broad brush that JR paints with is getting somewhat tiresome and repetitive. Although I, too, wish that there were fewer of the "ugly" folks coming down here, the fact that it [peees] off JR so much leaves me with mixed emotions.

Nobody has a lock on what Baja is or should be. The market will determine that.

As far as the language goes, I do well enough in Spanish to get along for a lot of years now, but others don't. Some people just can't learn a different language. As long as they're bringing Dinero with them, though, there will be communications. I note that more and more Mexican Businesses are posting signs that read "We speak English" and are being rewarded for doing so.
capn.sharky
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-3-2005 at 09:36 AM

FM3's are not hard to get. La Migra in Mexico (at least from my experience) have been very helpful. Yes, they can be a bit of a hassle, but the paperwork is needed for the Migra's file. Maybe some Norteamericanos expect the Migra to just roll over and not require so much. But, when in Rome..........
J.R.--you seem to be a bit testy these days. Is everything going okay with you? Why the urge to stir up so much hate and discontent? Calmate, calmate

If there is no fishing in heaven, I am not going
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-3-2005 at 10:15 AM
Cap

For some reason, I recieved a LOT of u2u's and emails after the Rosario event concerning the actions of a certain party at the event. If half of what I was told is true, there is a real sick puppy trying to pretend he is some sort of Baja guru on here.
I wasn't at the event so I am keeping pretty quiet about it actually. But, as soon as the coop groupers started returning, all the attacks started happening again. Because I asked about the history of El Rosario! Sheesh!
Anyways, I am just pointing out some things like how the locals look at we gringos. They wonder why we keep to ourselves in our enclaves when they are the most friendly, family oriented folks on the planet.
And when these money toting gringos show up and build who knows what, without even acknowledging the locals presence, jealousy, anger, theft and a lack of respect for these new comers is sure to rear it's ugly head.

I guess their family values haven't "Decayed" yet.
capn.sharky
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-3-2005 at 07:23 PM

JR--I know nothing of the Rosarito event. However, what you wrote about lack of respect for the Mexicans is sooooo true. That is, in my book, the number one thing in making friends in Mexico with Mexican people. Like the good book says, treat others as you would like to be treated. It really goes a long way in Mexico. Number 2 would be to learn and adapt to the customs of the Mexican people. It is so easy to insult someone down there if you are unaware of the customs. As a neighboring country I think many make the mistake of thinking they are in Southern San Diego or something. It is their country, their rules and their language---so adapt to them or be doomed. Just common courtesy in dealing with them goes a long way. Sharky

If there is no fishing in heaven, I am not going
Sallysouth
Super Nomad

Mood: missing Baja...

[*] posted on 8-6-2005 at 10:37 PM

Right on Capt!! BTW, it was El Rosario, and that would be much farther south than Rosarito . Am I correct? Good to hear your vouce! Saludos, sally
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-7-2005 at 12:38 AM
David Smith is a pussy....

and needs warm milk and a cushion to feel comfy and secure.
eetdrt88
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-7-2005 at 11:18 AM
here is a picture of David Smith...

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharksbaja
and needs warm milk and a cushion to feel comfy and secure.
isnt it strange how much he looks just like our president:O
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-7-2005 at 11:22 AM

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

lol.gif posted on 8-7-2005 at 11:40 AM
Shouldn't he be holding a platano?

:lol::lol::lol:

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.