Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Playas de Rosarito
comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 8-5-2005 at 03:13 PM

Me thinks he wants someone to buy his house. So Rosarito should be a nice place to live.!!!!!!!!

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-5-2005 at 03:51 PM
At's whatcha get fer thinkin!

We already have a buyer:lol::lol::lol: Now, if we can just decide if we really want to sell. Cause compared to El Centenario and especiallt Comitan, Rosariot is happening.

And having property and traveling all over Baja regularly, why would we have stayed in Rosarito for 10 years if it's as bad as you tourists seem to think?:light:

And, I could care less about promoting it, I just don't like the tourists talkin out their arses about stuff they know nothing about!:light: Remember?

And, for the surfers:
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-5-2005 at 03:55 PM
We have some friends down at Xmas

every year. Some of them own LOST Enterprises. You can see this beach in many of their videos as well as Surfer Magazine and others as well.
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-5-2005 at 03:58 PM
Surf

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-5-2005 at 03:59 PM

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

lol.gif posted on 8-5-2005 at 04:02 PM
I lost count

Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 8-5-2005 at 04:05 PM
JR

Why don't you tell them about the wonderful Tourist Guide you put together to sell Rosarito to the gringo tourists who now 'ruin' this town more than almost any other in Baja.

No! I know that is not your fault just a fact.

Anyone with a brain no longer attempts to visit Rosarito on any holiday or any weekend from Friday through Sunday. Most of the people, who have homes or live in Baja Norte or even know the place, plan to visit or shop in Rosarito Tuesday through Thursday.

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
comitan
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-5-2005 at 05:21 PM

Jr What i'm really afraid is that your moving down here to paradise, I don't have to worry about you being my next door neighbor tho because I know you can't afford to buy here, but you can afford bamboo land and you'd be rich amoung those poor mexicans.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-5-2005 at 08:28 PM
I guess it depends on what yer lookin for

as far as Rosarito being ruined. Seems like Rene's was one of the first establishments here, even before you Bernie and guess what kind of crowd it catered to. You got it, drunken gringos, there's just more of them now!

And Comitan, I don't expect you to understand but, those folks who have me as their neighbor aren't quite as "poor" as you think. For some, wealth isn't about money or living in an upper scale canadian enclave in Baja.

And I really don't remember you as my banker but you've seen my trucks, I am poor. But, I am doing what I like to do, with people that don't judge their life on possessions or which stepford community they live in.

By the way, I am in Rosarito right now. But might head back south soon to my bamboo and mangoes and neighbors. But in the meantime, I just enjoyed one of Rosaritos sunsets on my front porch. Gee I wish I was you.:lol::lol::lol:
comitan
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2005 at 07:14 AM

You know Jr your reply was right to the point on your poor mexican neighbors, only poor in that they don't have the things that many of the Gringos deem important. By the way being poor and a gringo isn't bad as long as your able to do what you want to and just enjoy life sunsets in Rosarita or La Paz. Also its OK for tourists to enjoy Baja even if they know nothing about the Mexican people as long as they are not UGLY!!!!!!!!!!!

2frogs
Junior Nomad

Mood: curious

[*] posted on 8-6-2005 at 09:20 AM

Wow, this is a lot to take in guys and some of it worries me by the talk. I know we'll have to see for ourselves BUT first some questions. Are there unsafe areas of Rosarito you can tell us about before we hit town? Are there quiet areas, restaurants, housing etc. for retires that like long walks on the beach...avoiding the horse poop I guess:spingrin:I've lived in many foreign countries and there are the 'UGLY AMERICANS' every place. I was taught to respect the people and their ways, keep a low profile and everyone is happy. Can't that happen in Rosarito? Also, I read that it's better to avoid the realtors and deal with the locals BUT, from our experience in other countries all N. Americans are thought to be rich, so the price is at least 4 x the local price. How do you deal with that..if that happens in Rosarito. We had wonderful Costa Rican neighbors for we were the only Gringos for a 45 min. drive yet....we were stil considered rich and the price was 4 x at the local little store. When we in fact had less than some of our neighbors. It was frustrating:rolleyes:and exhausting. Also, there seems to be two different camps. Baja living and Mexico mainland living. Has anyone done both and share what they think are the pros and cons to each. This is a great site and I'm learning so much PLUS meeting some very nice people. Thanks,

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2005 at 09:36 AM
Comitan

I was wrong about you not understanding!:yes:
Frogs, I will have to get back to you when I'm more awake.
2frogs
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-7-2005 at 09:16 AM

Okay jrbaja, Look forward to it.:bounce:

2frogs
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-8-2005 at 08:32 PM

jrbaja, are you awake yet? Still waiting for comments:yes::yes:

eetdrt88
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-8-2005 at 10:28 PM
is it a sin to be ugly....

and american??? geez alot of people are in trouble then:lol::lol:
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2005 at 11:24 AM
dos sapos

I am going out today to get some prices on places. There are new condos going in in a couple places down here as well as developments everywhere.
There are also still a few small trailer parks left along the coastline but they are being swallowed up fast. We got lucky here.
I will see what I can find out as far as prices go.
bajaruby
Banned

[*] posted on 8-9-2005 at 07:30 PM

eetdrt88 ,
He's not an ugly american....He's just ugly.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
2frogs
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2005 at 08:20 PM

Looks like an old Robin Williams as Popeye to me:lol::lol:

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.