Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Amigo's de Baja
Bajame
Nomad

Mood: Baja Dreamin

[*] posted on 8-7-2005 at 08:56 AM

No I don't have Baja Plates on my suv Baja Ruby. Been to the So Fork of Yuma River and it's great! Deep emerald pools and the water is about 78 degrees, one can dive off the rocks and wear those no-seeum bathing suits. :bounce:

We all want a peaceful world, filled with love and laughter, but we fill ourselves with anger and hate trying to fiqure out how to achive it.
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 8-7-2005 at 10:10 AM
Jack Swords

Thank you those words they are a true compliment coming from you. So glad you are back.

Mulege Marv,

I enjoy most of your posts and I believe that you and others who reside in Baja are selling yourselves short--There are millions of stories that you all take for granted and that would be extremely interesting to the newer folks who do not even know of some of the stories and characters who have and still do dot Baja like a thousand lighthouses.

Baja Jane--who, I understand, lived for years in Mulege and was quite a different lady. Tell us about the things she made to suppoort herself and how she piped water for a great distance (through a forest-HaHa) to her place.

All of you guys have stories to tell--just like or even better that the one OSO told after a little prodding.

Sharing is just a whole lot of fun--and us old farts have a whole bunch of stories to share--we just gotta remember them and pass them on, before we forget them again, so they will be again passed on and never forgotten. Sorta like the original folks did--by word of mouth (which this board really is).

This is so darn important with Baja changing the way it is.

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-7-2005 at 10:43 AM

Bernie: Thanks for all your good words about Baja its People and Guests!
I decided to come back on this Board and be myself with out gettin back into the Rants I would some time get into in the Past.
Yes , us ole timers do have some stories to tell and I know that some of the people read and try to understand and are interested, just have to ingnore the Profanity,braggng about using Drugs, the Hateful Name -Calling, disrespect for another Posters Position , etc.
Just got back from an Investigative trip to Baja Sur. Very enlighting!!! Will report later. Skeet/Loreto
Eli
Super Nomad

Mood: Some times Observing, sometimes Oblivious.

[*] posted on 8-7-2005 at 10:58 AM

Pues, ya sabes, good vibes all around, very nice indeedie. Thanks for ALL your thoughts always Bernie.
A La Paz, Sara
Baja Bernie

[*] posted on 8-7-2005 at 04:08 PM
Eli

It has been a long time since we heard from you. Want to tell us what is going on in the Land of the Little People. Still can't find that book.

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
mulege marv
Senior Nomad

Mood: relaxed

[*] posted on 8-7-2005 at 05:40 PM
selling ourselves short

[Edited on 8-8-2005 by mulege marv]

Want what you have
mulege marv
Senior Nomad

Mood: relaxed

[*] posted on 8-7-2005 at 05:45 PM
opinion

sorry what i posted was an opinion and not fact, i told myself i would not get sucked into that again, you will see another post when i have something positve to say or see.
viva baja !:yes::yes::yes::yes:
nice to be back

Want what you have
Eli
Super Nomad

Mood: Some times Observing, sometimes Oblivious.

[*] posted on 8-8-2005 at 09:22 AM

Well Bernie, Just no words of value come to mind as of late. You know how hot and cold I run.

I have been staying in the studio working, more and more hours on my art. Less and less time on the computer.

Oaxaca continues to be kind to me and in general give me something special to smile about each day.

Saludos, Sara
wornout
Senior Nomad

Mood: No Bad Days

[*] posted on 8-8-2005 at 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jack Swords
Thanks Bernie for the nice thoughts. Nice to read about Baja again. Been staying away from the forum as it seems to have lost its way, but your posting reminds me of why I need to check back now and then.

So, I wasn't the only one who gave up on this forum for a while? Well, I checked back too and was pleasantly surprised to see something refreshing or positive for a change.

I think the best way to bring some sanity to it all is to post only in the positive threads and not even read the squabbling ones, let alone stoop to that level and respond to the as I have to admit, I have caught myself doing in the past.

This Space Available, E-Mail Me If Interested.
Baja Bernie

[*] posted on 8-8-2005 at 02:23 PM
wornout

I think you have hit the nail right on the head.

How did that song go???

Accentuate the positive and eliminate the negative? really does apply to life and it could to this board .

mcgyver
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-8-2005 at 08:13 PM

Bernie: Yes there are some great old timer stories out there, I just wish some of these people could hear them,. I am not much of a writer and as everyone knows a terrable speller but if I had only had a recorder and recorded Fred Hoctor and his friends one night at Punta Banda, much more funnier than Baha Ha-Ha when the others contributed the uncensored part. BYW I have just about every columm that Fred wrote for Western outdoors. About a year ago I had the privileage of sitting around a Baja camp fire in the back country and listen to one of Baja,s early fliers and one of Baja,s old time Baja 1000 racers talk about how it was then!!
Fred Hoechest at Punta Banda is retired there now and can tell Baja stories for days.
When are you going to publish those you have not already?

Baja Bernie

[*] posted on 8-8-2005 at 11:07 PM
mcgyver

With some of them I have to wait for a few more people die so I don't get sued even if it is the truth.

Here is a short one on Fred Hoctor---I had been looking for him for a few years because I, too had read a bunch of his stuff that was not included in Baja HaHa. Anyway, I found that his home in San Diego was just a few miles away and his place near La Buf was not really to far from my place in Baja. I met his for the first time when he agreed to review a few chapter of my first book. He read a chapter, lowered his head and kinda looked at his forehead, chuckled and asked me if my momma (wife) checked my spelling for me. He could be a really caustic New York Jew when he wanted to. Anyway he allowed that I just might have a 'little' talent and then suggested that I re-write my best chapter. He talked about a great deal of things, that I may include in some writing some day, and we agreed to meet again in two weeks to go over the other chapters that I left with him.

The next time we met he was madder than a wet hen and growled, some on in. This as he screamed at his cute little puppy and offered me coffee--and then remembered that he had run out a few days ago.

He walked me out to his back yard, overlooking the south end of All Saints Bay, and proceeded to tell me that he was dying and that the doctors had told him that they could do nothing for him. This was sort of an aside as he talked about fishing and just about everything except my book. He just kept remembering stories and telling them in his rapid, machine gun style.

He finally got around to my book and told me that I should finish the book but that I should not even think of self-publishing because I would never be able to break into the distribution side of the book business. He told me how he had spent hours at the distributions houses in San Diego telling the salesmen dirty jokes and buying them donuts just to get them to place his books in the big book stores. Said that he fould one guy who was a real fisherman and got him to pull other books from prime locations and replace them with his. Laughed until he couldn't breath when he told me that he hooked the guy by giving him a little plug in the Western Outdoor Magazine.

Going back to the house he, again, began to scream and kick at his puppy. He picked up a couple of books and threw them as the dog scampered into the bedroom. When I asked him what he was so mad about he turned on me and turned bright red before blurting out, "That damn dog ate my lower partial and I can't eat anything and I can't even go to the store.

He loaned me a couple of his old, collectors, books on Baja and we agreed to meet again in three weeks.

I showed up on the appointed date only to find that he had stood me up. He had passed away the night before.

A very funny man, but boy could he get so caustic--acid would drip from his lips when he began to cut me about this or that.

If anyone want to buy one of his books, Baja HaHa, I still have a few that I sell for his wife, Sylvia. Just go to my website below.

Don't pay no mind to your spelling--heck I even invented a new word right here before God and everybody--Just ask Ken Bondy. Let's hear your stories.

Baja Bernie

[*] posted on 8-9-2005 at 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by yankeeirishman
Baja Bernie ....it's about time to see something posted here at the forum that is postive in thought. I hope that all Nomads read and follow this great little piece here, that you posted. Think I'll come back and join again.

Thought I had accomplished something until I read the posts by Yankee on the "Growing Bamboo is so easy song" thread.
"Watch out folks! I had responded twice here in this post, the second being rather a buttchewing post...but no bad words or threats. AND GUESS WHAT?!!!! IT HAS BEEN DELETED. The friendsfamilyofrmac idiot song was deleted (by the poster), with an second post explaining this action.

friendsfamilyofrmac posted on 8-8-2005 at 10:16 PM
post was edited too....it originally said that yankeeirishman had a good point (about starting trouble)

"So jrbaja is right.....these guys are editing as they feel the need. I shall here on out, copy all posts I do (and theirs), then plastered the living hell of this forum with anything of my that gets edited for their needs. Good luck next time ol boy!"

Yankee--Who are 'these guys'?

Boy did we go from positive to something far less than positive. The positive stuff lasted almost 4 days WOW!

A question--why would anyone opposing JR remove a post by a stranger that was shooting at JR. Makes no sense to me.

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.