BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: need to register inflatable???
gwh

[*] posted on 10-6-2003 at 11:22 AM
need to register inflatable???

I have an 8 ft. fly fishing pontoon boat. It is too small to register in Canada. this thing consists of two banana shaped pontoons with a framework and seat connecting them. I intend on using it in quiet waters for snorkeling etc. Is it really necessary to register this little thing??
does anyone even check to see if a water craft is registered at all??? almost seems like a joke to register something like it.
I'm probably way out in left field asking this but I don't want to get in sh///////t either.

Bedman
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-6-2003 at 07:37 PM
Hmmmm?

Gosh GW, I really don't know??
I have a 13' inflatable and I get the annual boat permit every year. Maybe if I put on my Boat Inspectors hat and look at it that way.....

If you were using a trout rod (smaller in stature than a trolling rod) to fish, I'd figure a way to get some money out of you, your still fishing. So with that logic, in a smaller boat you coulod still fish from it.

Next point....If you don't fish from it, I don't see why you'd have to register it. I would think that it's no more than a "Floaty Toy" like an inner tube!?!?

Bedman
Packoderm
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-6-2003 at 07:51 PM

If you are not going to have fishing tackle aboard, from what I understand, you should not have to register it.

I have seen those things in the sporting goods stores; they look pretty cool. I'd like to hook up my 2-horsepower Honda to one of those.
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-8-2003 at 03:54 PM

We got a boat permit for our kayak. Ofcourse we were fishing off of it, so wanted to cover ourselves. But, we've been told if it floats, you should get the permit. It's not that expensive. :smug:

The SAME boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's about what you are made of NOT the circumstance.
Kayak fish

[*] posted on 10-8-2003 at 11:15 PM
REG 4BOAT

ARE YOU GONNA USE IT IN BAJA?ARE YOU GONNA FISH OFF IT IF YOU ARE GONNA FISH OFF IT, YOU NEED A BOAT PERMIT I GOT MINE AT TURNERS. THEY MAY NOT HAVE A TURNERS WHERE YOU LIVE YOU CAN GET THEM OTHER WAYS. OR OTHER SPORTING GOODS STORES AS FAR AS REGISTRATION FOR A INFLATABLE IN CAL.YOU ONLY TO REG. IT IF IT HAS A MOTOR. YES ELECTRIC MOTOR IS STILL A MOTOR. FOR MEX BOAT PERMIT WHERE IT ASKS FOR REG. # I PUT THE SERIAL# THAT WAS ON MY KAYAK. THERE SHOULD BE ONE ON YOUR INFLATABLE PONTOON BOAT SOMEWHERE. YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO GET A MEX FISHING LISCENSE AT THE SAME PLACE YOU GET THE BOAT PERMIT. :::::DAND::::::
gwh

[*] posted on 10-9-2003 at 08:41 AM
need to register inflatable

thanks for info everyone. I guess I'll have to register it. Just seems odd because its just such a little floater. doesn't even have a serial number . but if ya wanta play , ya gotta pay.
Kayak fish

[*] posted on 10-9-2003 at 11:36 PM
reg

are you taking this to Baja if so Registration dont mean a thing to them a boat permit is what they want to see if there are no Reg.# on your float tube thing just put float tube or inflatable in the space on the permit form that asks for Reg.# you can get a boat permit at the border or a sporting good store that sells them you might have to search for a sporting good store/tackle shop on your way to Baja though.
jerry
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-10-2003 at 10:17 AM

hi im new here but not new to baja my bro is taKING A 31 FOOT BOAT TO BAJA AND DOESNT HAVE A DINGY SO I OFFERED HIM AN INFLATABLE RAFT I HAVE HE CHECKED WITH THE COUNSLET IN PORTLAND OREGON AND WAS TOLD HE HAD TO GET A PERMIT FOR IT TOO THE PERMIT FOR IT THE VAGSABUNDOS SAID THE SAME THING SO TO BE SAFE I WOULD
JERRY

jerry and judi
flyfishinPam
Super Nomad

Mood: gone fishin'

[*] posted on 10-10-2003 at 10:17 AM
I have two of them in my fleet

we use them for commercial rental and fish out of them. they are registered with port captin, marine park and pesca for commercial use and were both imported. ask yourself where and what will you be using them for?? if you'll be fishing off of them and they'll be for personal use just get the fishing permit for one year. It will be cheap and worth it. if you'll be in remote areas that probably won';t ever see enforcement, just get the fishing permit if in enforcing areas get the fishing permit and everything else necessary-like in loreto you'll need a marina park permit too
gwh

[*] posted on 10-10-2003 at 01:53 PM

good answers

Pam , are there any other marina parks in Baja I'd need extra permits for?
also a question to all you "seasoned" Baja folks.
Is the water generally safe for a little rig like mine, and how successful do you think fishing from one would be, obviously I wouldn't be able to go a whole long way from shore.
Pam, by your handle it would see that you fly fish. I do a lot of it here at home., how successful is fly fishing in quiet waters down there?

[Edited on 10-10-2003 by gwh]

Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 10-11-2003 at 12:18 PM
marina parks

cabo pulmo is a marine park but I think you can't fish there anyway. I think Loreto is the only park that you'll need to worry about if you make it this far. If coming to Loreto you can take care of the park stuff while here and I suggest you make any payments at the bank not directly into their hands. Loreto is a toughie, lots of enforcement here methinks there's a bit of a political conspiricy against this town. But its a great place to fish. fishing the quiet water is very productive this time of year with a fly rod.

flyfishinpam
BeBop

[*] posted on 12-4-2003 at 07:38 PM

What does the permit cost?

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.