BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Back from the Gonzaga Fly In..................and BOY are my arms tired!
westy
Junior Nomad

Mood: some people call me the Space Cowboy

[*] posted on 10-6-2003 at 09:28 PM
Back from the Gonzaga Fly In..................and BOY are my arms tired!

Headed south Thursday. Spent the night in Petes camp where we talked good old times with D' Bull, some guy named Bill and El Camote as well as a cast of others.
Got up at the crack of dawn which was about an hour or so after bedding down for the night. It took 2 beers and a stiff rum and Coke for us all before we could rally ourselves to get out of town. After a quick stop for basics.........(tortillas and beer) we pointed our trusted iron steeds to the south and didn't stop until we saw the check point outside of Gonzaga. "Who did you have to pee off to get this nice post", I mutterd in English, not thinking anyone of them spoke it. "He dated the generals daughter", came the reply from one of the guards. " Only once though!". he swiftly added. After that, we figured they ALL deserved a cold water and we drank and took pictures w/ the soldiers for a few then moved on. After setting up camp at Beluga, which BTW is very nice. ( go south of the general store about one mile to the cutoff and follow the signs) I cycled on over to the motel and c-cktailed it w/ the Humpryvilles (imagine that.......ME c-cktailling.................with Mike H.!) Afterwards I made it back....only falling twice! The sun went down, dinner went down and a few more beers went down too but being the professionals we are we Rally'ed..... AGAIN, to meet up with Brandi and Rockerroad! Finnally a drink with someone NEW! Needless to say we had a few beers and a great time! What a GREAT bunch! Thanks for helping us find our truck at the end of the night, too. Our camp was a different story.......Got up the next mornin and headed out south where we met w/ our pal Coco.......that guy is amazing. He rememberd my buddy and pointed to his previous posting in his book from 2 years ago!. Dropped off some medicine and moved on to the main hwy and north to home. Thanks again to Rockyerroad and all the friends and family there for making us feel welcomed. Love ya! Good Travels!
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 10-6-2003 at 10:20 PM

Thanks for the trip report, westy! Sorry the kids and I could't make it... They always talk fondly of you since that great Matomi Gang trip of 2001.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-7-2003 at 06:17 AM
Imagine that!

c-cktailing with Mike H. AND living to tell about it! I HAVE to meet you some day Westy! :) Having only seen you in the famous (or is that infamous?) El Camote's Matomi epic video.
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 10-7-2003 at 07:04 AM
sounds like fun, wish i could have made it.

hope the 2 storms nearing baja sur don't hamper this weekend's plans - may include taking Jimmy home.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Desertbull
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-7-2003 at 07:48 AM
Good times at WestyHigh...

Glad that you guys had a good time and survived...Friday night was off the hook.

Did I read this right that you guys opted for Hwy 1 road home???

Later.

DB:spingrin:
El Camote
Senior Nomad

Mood: y Blues

rolleyes.gif posted on 10-8-2003 at 09:48 AM

Oh sure, it's all fun, frolic, desert adventure and copious c-cktails with the Humpty-dos while I'm sweating away in S.F. trying to figure out how to remove the orange-painted johnson with short and curley details off the Baja Bug!! :no:

Very excellent hanging with you guys. Glad you made it back safely. Had a feeling you'd take the main hwy home. How long did the trip down take?
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 10-8-2003 at 01:41 PM
hey Camote...... que pasa?

hope to see ypou soon - may be at the San Felipe 250? i'm gunning to crew for some one this year.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
westy
Junior Nomad

Mood: some people call me the Space Cowboy

[*] posted on 10-8-2003 at 04:00 PM

Yeah D.B. .....we headed for Hwy uno for the ride home. I wasn't going to risk an axle heading back.

Speaking of axle's........anyone wishin to see our art work on Camote's Baja Bug can go over to that 'other' page and view it under D.B.'s post about 'Live from Baja,
it's Friday Night'......or something like that!
(it's all fun...!)

We passed the Generals at about 8;00am
...................I was havin c-cktails w/ Mike and others at 4 ish.....BUT, nothing broke!

Debra; Yeah, it was touch and go for awhile but Friday nights binge with D.B.
El camote, Wild Bill and others was a nice way to warm up for the REAL thing with the Humpty-ville's.....:spingrin::spingrin:

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.