Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Cool Joke
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-15-2002 at 01:59 AM
Cool Joke

The federal government is trying to decide whether The FBI, the CIA, or the Los Angeles Police Department is the most effective at apprehending criminals. The issue is to be decided with a test - a rabbit is put in a forest and each organization has to find it.

The CIA goes in. They place animal informants throughout the forest. They question all plant and mineral witnesses. After three months of extensive investigation, they conclude that rabbits do not exist.

The FBI goes in. After two weeks with no leads, they burn the forest, killing everything in it, including the rabbit, and they make no apologies. The rabbit had it coming.

The LAPD goes in. They come out two hours later with a badly beaten bear. The bear is yelling: "Okay! Okay! I'm a rabbit! I'm a rabbit!

reefrocket
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-15-2002 at 12:05 PM
Hear it before

I hear it before but your's is even better! Home Land Security couldn't find the forest but still wanted to run to show.:D
reefrocket
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-15-2002 at 01:22 PM
not on the same subject but!

I just got this in an E and thought of passing it along.
Please don't be disturbed it it sounds stereotypical(sp) we all can be substituted for the characters.:D

Subject: The Workers

An Italian, a Scotsman and a Chinese fellow are hired at a
construction
site.
The foreman points out a huge pile of sand.

He says to the Italian guy, "You're in charge of sweeping."
To the Scotsman he says, "You're in charge of shoveling."
And to the Chinese guy, "You're in charge of supplies."
He then says, "Now, I have to leave for a little while. I
expect you guys to make a dent in that there pile of sand."

So when the foreman returns, after being away for a couple of
hours, the pile of sand is untouched. He asks the Italian, "Why didn't
you sweep any of it?" The Italian replies, "I no hava broom. You tolla the
Chinese fella that he was in a charge of supplies, but he hasa disappear
and I no coulda finda him nowhere."

Then the foreman turns to the Scotsman and says, "And you, I
thought I told you to shovel this pile." The Scotsman replies, "Aye, that
ye did laddie, boot ah couldnay get meself a shoovel! Ye left th' Chinese
laddie in chairge of supplies, boot ah couldnay in' him neither."

The foreman is really angry now. He storms off toward the
pile of sand to look for the Chinese guy.

Just then, the Chinese guy leaps out from behind the pile of
sand and YELLS
> > > > > >"SUPPLIES!!!"

Murphy

[*] posted on 11-16-2002 at 09:30 AM
The Rest of JESSE'S Joke?.

The Mexican Federal Police was sent in to find the rabbit. The rabbit puts half a dozen of the officers on his payroll and now has personal bodyguards.

Regular ?donations? to the Mexican Federal Police now ensures his safe passage throughout the forest, and he lives a long and propserous life.
Stephanie Jackter
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-16-2002 at 02:48 PM
Touche, Murphy.

Quote:
Originally posted by Murphy

The Mexican Federal Police was sent in to find the rabbit. The rabbit puts half a dozen of the officers on his payroll and now has personal bodyguards.

Regular ?donations? to the Mexican Federal Police now ensures his safe passage throughout the forest, and he lives a long and propserous life.

A very well put extension of the analogy.- Stephanie
mrchuck
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-18-2002 at 07:37 AM

A U. S. Forest Service Law Enforcement Officer goes into the forest and finds the rabbit easily. After all, it's his Forest, Right? He determines that this poor rabbit species has been "threatened and been endangered", so he closes the complete Forest to "all entry and use by anyone", due to a "Threatened and endangered species law on the books. The USFS is presently now training their border neighbors, Mexico, how to "manage" their forests with similar results.

Saludos, mc
Stephanie Jackter
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-18-2002 at 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mrchuck
A U. S. Forest Service Law Enforcement Officer goes into the forest and finds the rabbit easily. After all, it's his Forest, Right? He determines that this poor rabbit species has been "threatened and been endangered", so he closes the complete Forest to "all entry and use by anyone", due to a "Threatened and endangered species law on the books. The USFS is presently now training their border neighbors, Mexico, how to "manage" their forests with similar results.

Saludos, mc

- And more power to them. I can't blame governments these days for realizing that humans have far greater negative impact on habitats than any other animal and thus closing off areas to keep us from touching them. Viva el Conejo!! -Stephanie
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-21-2002 at 12:33 AM
Re

This one is out of my territory, so i will just leave the discussion to all of you american amigos.

Have a good one.

Braulio
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-21-2002 at 10:54 AM

Closing the 'public' forest to public entry is assuming every man, woman and child is guilty of forest destruction (before it happens

Since most fires are started by LIGHTING,

David K -

Sounds like you've been listening to Dennis Praeger - I like that guy.

I hope you're up to a mid-morning bash here amigo - BTW I enjoyed your series on your Baja trip - thanks.

1)Your assumption in the closing the public forest remark is a pretty good one. Maybe there is an instance where increased public access has improved an area but I sure can't think of one. Of course what we're really talking about isn't closing anything - just trying to slow down the inevitable so maybe our grand-kids can enjoy as well.

2) You forgot to mention that a lot of fires are started by fire fighters - maybe we should ban them too.

3) It seems like you like to divide things up according to right/left liberal/conservative on a lot of issues.

What do you do with someone like Duncan Hunter who is a conservative Republican but supports the water station program thing and opposed Bush in allowing the power plant they're building in Mexicali to be connected to the grid?

Or Diane Feinstein who's a liberal but is about as tough on immigration as they come?

Could it be that some of these issues really do deserve a closer look?

Naah.

Take care David - I really do enjoy your reports.

Braulio

Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-21-2002 at 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Those who believe in God know man was placed above the lesser animals. How sad that the leftist/athiests in government now place the lesser animals above man in importance.

It is equally sad that some that would profess belief in G-D ignore his commandments to care for those "lesser" creatures in his dominion. In our role as human beings we are obligated to treat ALL G-D?s creation with dignity and respect. To place "lesser" animals on a par with humans is as sinful as destroying their habitat, killing them for sport or caging them for viewing enjoyment.

I have a real problem with PETA and their dogma. I feel the same way about those who ignore the welfare of animals by destroying their habitat or mistreating them.

Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-21-2002 at 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Braulio

Sounds like you've been listening to Dennis Praeger - I like that guy.

Dennis Prager is my mentor and friend. He is the best example of what a conservative should be and is, next to my father, the smartest guy I know.
FrankO
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-21-2002 at 10:14 PM
Braulio:Media definitions

Hey Braulio, as a professional firefighter I have to take exception to the statement that firefighters start a lot of fires. That's just what the newspapers call them. These "firefighters" are usually people like CCC's that wash and roll hose in firecamp or some volunteer that can't get hired by a real fire department. The "facts" in newspapers are often painted w/a very broad brush. Are you aware that on most wildland fires that many of what media term firefighters are actually convict hand crews? Anyway, most of us that do this professionally get a little peeed that the general public view these ancillary personnel as firefighters.
Braulio
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-21-2002 at 10:35 PM

FrankO -

Thanks for clarifying things FrankO.

I agree with you entirely.

The point of my post was that things that sound good (based on what we see in the media or maybe want to believe) aren't always true and usually the reality of situations is a little more complex. Actually I had in mind a television news piece that I recently saw that covered what they called a rash (2 or so nationwide) of fires that were set by fire fighters as arsenists - it's what sells airtime.

I imagine you've seen more news reports than I on this theme.

I sure didn't mean to bash firefires - just DK.

BTW - Hope your taco thing went well.

Take care.

Braulio
Braulio
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-21-2002 at 11:05 PM

[

Dennis Prager is my mentor and friend. He is the best example of what a conservative should be and is, next to my father, the smartest guy I know.

Dave -

I've been following Sr. Praeger since about 1977 when he hosted a program called "Religion on the line" on KABC LA.

He's not quite the straight shooter now that he was back then but as radio show guys go he's about as good as you're going to get in terms of honesty and a well-thought-out philosophy.

I'm not sure I'd classify him as conservative but I understand where you're coming from.

BTW here's a thought: I think we'd agree that humans are more important than animals - but is a mexican child more important than an american animal?

Take care man.

Braulio
Braulio
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-22-2002 at 12:08 AM

David -

Actually I mostly only bash people I like - the others I don't even bother with.

And yes David - mexicans (both native born and naturalized) will be well-represented amongst US troops. GOD BLESS THEM ALL.

Braulio

FrankO
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-22-2002 at 12:22 AM
Tacos

Tacos went great. A little albocore makes for some happy folks. I understood your initial statement, it's just that some people don't get it. Thanks.
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 11-23-2002 at 11:17 AM
Speaking of the animals...

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/science/20021120-9999_mz1...

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.